PDA

View Full Version : Racing School

Crowml
06-02-2005, 08:11 PM
There was talk on here once about getting an IA group discount at one of N. Atlanta Racing Schools. Did this event ever happen? Is there interest for another opportunity like this?

Trey
06-04-2005, 08:43 AM
www.panozracingschool.com

Kermit
06-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Panoz is certainly a great school! Another that you may want to look into to decide if it's really something that you want to do with out spending as much money is www.chinmotorsports.com

06-06-2005, 01:55 PM
So far the best event i have been to (and the cheapest also) is www.seat-time.com

Kermit
06-07-2005, 12:17 AM
So far the best event i have been to (and the cheapest also) is www.seat-time.com
I'll have to look into that, I hadn't heard of it but it sounds like it might be worth while.

dazn
06-07-2005, 04:06 PM
NASA Pro Racing
good amount of seat time, do it over several weekends so you get mor seat time and you can do different track, whereas as the panoz school, its like 3 or 4 k for one weekend,
both are good choices, just NASA is better for people like me that dont have a lot of money :)

Trey
06-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Nope, it's $275 for a Sat track day. Use your own car.

It's a blast!

dazn
06-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Nope, it's $275 for a Sat track day. Use your own car.

It's a blast!

track day?, i thought we were talking abot racing schools, u know, get your pro racing liscense, not drive around the track with a bunch of rich guys in porsches and z06s, i weas talking about the panoz racing school, driving the esperantes

and 275? i thought it was more, i guess you pay more on sunday since there are usually less cars and u get more track time on sundays

NASA is about 300 bcuks for the entire weekend, you dont get as much track time driving in your class, but you do work your way towards a racing liscence and also you can be riding with instructors and stuff all the time, so you get yor fill of te track

Hulud
06-20-2005, 12:40 AM
uh huh

Greddypacked
06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
NASA Pro Racing
good amount of seat time, do it over several weekends so you get mor seat time and you can do different track, whereas as the panoz school, its like 3 or 4 k for one weekend,
both are good choices, just NASA is better for people like me that dont have a lot of money :)

That's to damn much for one weekend, maybe for like 3-4 weeks ya!

dazn
06-23-2005, 09:41 PM
it is kinda expensive, but you do drive their cars, and you do get great instructors and you can get your racing liscence

just hope you dont wreck the cars :2cents:

kppk1986
06-28-2005, 05:32 AM
i would love to be ables to go to a racing school for a day....

Crowml
06-29-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm thinking of going this month or next. Anyone else interested?

I'm thinking nasa (just look up Nasa HDPE in google). It's only 300ish for the weekend and you use your own car. You can work yourself up to a real lesson and they have a work for pay program.

Trey
06-30-2005, 06:05 PM
track day?, i thought we were talking abot racing schools, u know, get your pro racing liscense, not drive around the track with a bunch of rich guys in porsches and z06s, i weas talking about the panoz racing school, driving the esperantes

and 275? i thought it was more, i guess you pay more on sunday since there are usually less cars and u get more track time on sundays

NASA is about 300 bcuks for the entire weekend, you dont get as much track time driving in your class, but you do work your way towards a racing liscence and also you can be riding with instructors and stuff all the time, so you get yor fill of te track

Just because you were talking about "Racing School" doesn't mean everyone else is.

99% of people on these boards do track days, some call them Racing School, and non of the people I've ever met at a track day is "rich" especially me.

And why on earth would I want to use my daily driver racing fender to fender? It has to get me to work on Monday. Track days make it possible to play on a real track within your abilities and you don't win anything but seat time. ;)

dazn
07-02-2005, 02:43 PM
the title of the thread says racing school
you even made a post of a link to the panoz RACING school

99% of people on the forums go to track days??? i highly doubt that the percentage is that high, or you must be counting the local parking lots(no disrespect to the solo people)

and non of the people at tracks days are rich????? wtf are you talking about, your a complete dumbass for saying that.
dont tell me that the guy with the viper isnt rich, or the other guy with the brand new 911, or wait what about those ferrari guys
we must have a really different meaning of "rich"

whos talkin about racing fender to fender in your daily driver??man, yo u should keep your mouth shut, that way you wont seem as stupid, besides your taking some of the same risks doing your track days,
and trust me i know, so dont try to tell me otherwise
ive seen countless vipers wreck, ive seen porsches crunch the wall in the dip,
ive even seen your precious suburas blow motors or just plow in the tires
so i dont think you know what your talking about so stfu