PDA

View Full Version : Question about driving jobs

TeeJay
11-04-2006, 08:50 AM
i know most driving/delivery jobs want you to have a clean driving record, but is there a certain period of time that your record has to be clean?? I really want a driving job and all my points should be off my license by jan or feb, could i go try and get a job immediately after that, or does my record need to be clean for a while??

jfman
11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
For insurance purpose most companies look back 3 years. But it could be 5 for some and a DUI might be a deal braker, no matter how long ago.

HyPer50
11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
the company i worked for just looks back 2 years. and are willing to look past minor offenses. guess it's just a case by case basis.

SampaGuy
11-05-2006, 09:03 PM
the pizza place i use to work at didnt really check...

GIXXERDK
11-06-2006, 01:58 AM
Three years?

ORGANIZATIONXIII
11-06-2006, 08:00 AM
the pizza place i use to work at didnt really check...

oh wow.. I'm just gonna refer to the sig for that one..

:lmfao:

candy2082002
11-06-2006, 08:31 AM
If you work for a good place I would assume that they do check they have to otherwise you could have alot of legal issue with bad drivers and companies do not want to hire new drivers that would cause alot of problems. I haven't worked in that field, but common sense says that IF it is a good company that values their employee then they wouldnt hire just anyone they would check to make sure you dont have a bad driving history. I assume as long as you dont have a BAD history just a ticket here and there things should be fine.

TeeJay
11-06-2006, 08:43 AM
well i dont have any DUI's or anything like that, but ummm, as far as tickets, lets just say i lost count at 15 lol. but most of those were back in the days when i was dumb and immature, ive only had one speeding ticket in the last 3 years, but unfortuantely that one ticket got me a year driving probation, meaning if i get another within that year, my license gets suspended. i think its because i still had like 10 or 11 points on my license at the time of the ticket

candy2082002
11-06-2006, 09:03 AM
well i dont have any DUI's or anything like that, but ummm, as far as tickets, lets just say i lost count at 15 lol. but most of those were back in the days when i was dumb and immature, ive only had one speeding ticket in the last 3 years, but unfortuantely that one ticket got me a year driving probation, meaning if i get another within that year, my license gets suspended. i think its because i still had like 10 or 11 points on my license at the time of the ticket

well then the only way you'll really know is to ask them.....you need to be honest and tell them all of that cause they might admire that your not trying to hide it and I mean if thats all you have had I don't see why they wouldn't hire you...atleast for that reason. I would think that most companies would be more concerned about DUI's and accidents stuff like that.

VegetaRules
11-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Well, as far as the answer to your question. Okay, truck driving jobs( 18 wheelers) require 7 year MVR, most standard UPS/Fed Ex jobs require 3 year MVR.

For insuraning you at any company, you can only have at the time of them trying to insure you 6 points on your liscense, so roughly 2 tickets. To be on safe side, apply right after tickets/points drop off.....Vegeta

TeeJay
11-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, as far as the answer to your question. Okay, truck driving jobs( 18 wheelers) require 7 year MVR, most standard UPS/Fed Ex jobs require 3 year MVR.

For insuraning you at any company, you can only have at the time of them trying to insure you 6 points on your liscense, so roughly 2 tickets. To be on safe side, apply right after tickets/points drop off.....Vegeta
HMMM thanks for the info bro, yea im not tryin to drive an 18 wheeler or anything, i dont wanna go outta state, just local, so yea something along the lines of fedex or ups. but i heard with fedex you gotta buy your own truck, which i cant afford. and ups you gotta start at the bottom like loading or some shit, which im def not doing. but i have 6 points as of right now, so i may start tryin some places like coca cola or budweiser or somethin

VegetaRules
11-06-2006, 02:16 PM
HMMM thanks for the info bro, yea im not tryin to drive an 18 wheeler or anything, i dont wanna go outta state, just local, so yea something along the lines of fedex or ups. but i heard with fedex you gotta buy your own truck, which i cant afford. and ups you gotta start at the bottom like loading or some shit, which im def not doing. but i have 6 points as of right now, so i may start tryin some places like coca cola or budweiser or somethin

Well, my cousin drives for Fed Ex, & tried to get me on. Now you can be a courier & make 14.25 working part time hours. Now I did hear you CAN buy/finance your truck and make more.

As for the UPS thing, yeah, there's no way around starting from the very bottom. Most UPS guys worked 5 years before getting into actually driving. So if you have some credit, you can finance, & get your own truck & work at Fed Ex, or their dockworkers make $13.30 to start:goodjob: .....Vegeta

TeeJay
11-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Well, my cousin drives for Fed Ex, & tried to get me on. Now you can be a courier & make 14.25 working part time hours. Now I did hear you CAN buy/finance your truck and make more.

As for the UPS thing, yeah, there's no way around starting from the very bottom. Most UPS guys worked 5 years before getting into actually driving. So if you have some credit, you can finance, & get your own truck & work at Fed Ex, or their dockworkers make $13.30 to start:goodjob: .....Vegeta
SINCE WHEN??? lol, i worked there for like a month in 02 and i was only making 10 an hour, and thats workin the graveyard shift, 2am - 8am, that manual labor shit aint for me lol. so you can just go and apply to be a courier without having your own truck??

VegetaRules
11-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, you can work for them as a courier without having to buy your own truck. You could save, then buy, but if you do that, it'd be better buying big rig, & driving just to surrounding states daily.

But yeah the FED EX FREIGHT, lol I forgot to mention that part. Their dock workers make $13.30. My cousin works at the one off Moreland ave & when I applied for the dock their, the guy was like " you have so much courier experience, you wanna be a courier"? lol

I'm already working, so I declined, tho they still want me to do that. You can also try Fed Ex Freight, the newer one in Swuanee. They were gonna, & could get me up there, but thats just toooooo far a drive for me.lol......Vegeta

TeeJay
11-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, you can work for them as a courier without having to buy your own truck. You could save, then buy, but if you do that, it'd be better buying big rig, & driving just to surrounding states daily.

But yeah the FED EX FREIGHT, lol I forgot to mention that part. Their dock workers make $13.30. My cousin works at the one off Moreland ave & when I applied for the dock their, the guy was like " you have so much courier experience, you wanna be a courier"? lol

I'm already working, so I declined, tho they still want me to do that. You can also try Fed Ex Freight, the newer one in Swuanee. They were gonna, & could get me up there, but thats just toooooo far a drive for me.lol......Vegeta
yeah its a little too far from me too man, considering i live in charlotte, lol. i think ill try the one off tuckaseegee