PDA

View Full Version : Random North Georgia Mountain Run 10-29

Leadfoot_mf
11-03-2006, 11:42 PM
picks up at the 7 min mark
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/north+georgia/0/81e02dde-a3fc-4379-b242-986d00fe6c5a.htm

DBCooper
11-04-2006, 07:57 PM
sounds good

COGCaviZ24
11-05-2006, 12:33 AM
:goodjob:

HiPSI
11-05-2006, 02:10 PM
i was proud of you until you took the lead on 129.... 2 lanes is for girls.

Leadfoot_mf
11-05-2006, 02:43 PM
i was proud of you until you took the lead on 129.... 2 lanes is for girls.
sorry just like to drive 129 that way.

nightracer
11-05-2006, 02:48 PM
look at this shit lol!
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/north+georgia/0/fff26432-1a35-4308-8a62-eaa0450ee16c.htm

Its headed to Ohio.

Nippon
11-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah... "two lane's are for girls" But just like Leadfoot, I like my tires. Rip it in one lane all the time and you can kiss your tread goodbye in 1 summer. His entry, apex, and exits were pretty disciplined. I'd do the same damn thing. Less tread wear and way better exit speed.

Oh yeah... I'll see you again soon... I had fun with the MX5... its time to see what the C5 will do to me.

I've been on haiatus due to a bad wrist pin and blown block. I orderd another JDMB20. Putting it in this weekend hopefully.

imbosile
11-06-2006, 08:03 PM
nice video

GIXXERDK
11-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I remember I almost died at the 8:36 mark in the vid. Damn 18 wheeler was all over the double yellow.

Kalifornia087
11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
"Somewhere in the North Georgia Mountains" Just happens to be 15 minutes from my house LoL.

-Austin

hydroshutter
11-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Sweet..I was watching this video earlier. What is your exhaust setup?

whoopass
11-07-2006, 08:14 AM
yeah thats only 10 mins from my house also. Now we just made that run this past sun. we gave that mountain pure hell. It was 2 STi's 1 boosted accord, 1 SI civic.

Leadfoot_mf
11-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Sweet..I was watching this video earlier. What is your exhaust setup?
kooks long tube 3" collector 3" x pipe 2.5" ghl loud mouth mufflers. :D

HiPSI
11-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah... "two lane's are for girls" But just like Leadfoot, I like my tires. Rip it in one lane all the time and you can kiss your tread goodbye in 1 summer. His entry, apex, and exits were pretty disciplined. I'd do the same damn thing. Less tread wear and way better exit speed.

but it's not a racetrack ;). exit speed won't get you a trophy, but using two lanes and running over someone coming up behind you will get you something else.

it bothers me because i have been into motorcycles for a long time and love riding those roads dearly. i hate seeing anyone going up 129 using both lanes; both bikes and cars because most people don't pay enough attention behind them to know when a much faster vehicle may be approaching. i've been nearly flattened by many performance cars as well as the usual motorhomes/pickups up there because people just want to go the faster/easier route instead of maintaining a solid lane and pace. it's not hard to sneak up on someone up there on the bike and when i think i may have time to pass safely a car drops into my lane only a few feet in front of me (if not on top of me pushing me over into oncoming traffic).

the way i see it, why straighten out the curves? i didn't see them crossing double yellows on 60 or 180 so why flip flop lanes going up a more open roadway? 129 is a hoot even if you hold a lane except for the occasional passing of slower cars. if your main concern is tire wear then i think you need to stick to the superslab ;).

this is not a stab at leadfoot's driving skill, please no one take it the wrong way. i'm just tired of near death experiences due to someone wanting to go "faster" up the mountain ;). i've ridden with many people that swear by using both lanes and somehow i still make it up in the same amount of time.

batdude8
11-07-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah.... wish i woulda been there, sooner or later... lookin good...

Leadfoot_mf
11-10-2006, 07:30 AM
but it's not a racetrack ;). exit speed won't get you a trophy, but using two lanes and running over someone coming up behind you will get you something else.

it bothers me because i have been into motorcycles for a long time and love riding those roads dearly. i hate seeing anyone going up 129 using both lanes; both bikes and cars because most people don't pay enough attention behind them to know when a much faster vehicle may be approaching. i've been nearly flattened by many performance cars as well as the usual motorhomes/pickups up there because people just want to go the faster/easier route instead of maintaining a solid lane and pace. it's not hard to sneak up on someone up there on the bike and when i think i may have time to pass safely a car drops into my lane only a few feet in front of me (if not on top of me pushing me over into oncoming traffic).

the way i see it, why straighten out the curves? i didn't see them crossing double yellows on 60 or 180 so why flip flop lanes going up a more open roadway? 129 is a hoot even if you hold a lane except for the occasional passing of slower cars. if your main concern is tire wear then i think you need to stick to the superslab ;).

this is not a stab at leadfoot's driving skill, please no one take it the wrong way. i'm just tired of near death experiences due to someone wanting to go "faster" up the mountain ;). i've ridden with many people that swear by using both lanes and somehow i still make it up in the same amount of time.

i see your point on the two lane deal but it is also the driver of the car/ bike over taking to do so safely if u are getting caught out coming up on someone maybe you so evaulate your driving as well. not a stab at you either i understand where u are comming from i try to drive as safe as possible while enjoying a spirited run. and i do look out for traffic behind me as i know there is always someone faster. thanks for the comments :yes:

jtownaccord
11-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Nice video. You guys are getting closer and closer to my neck of the woods.

SpoolBus
11-10-2006, 08:49 PM
WOW that Miata is fast is that the Mazdaspeed edition ;)
Next time make those tires beg for mercy..lemme hear them scream and shmoke

Leadfoot_mf
11-10-2006, 10:22 PM
WOW that Miata is fast is that the Mazdaspeed edition ;)
Next time make those tires beg for mercy..lemme hear them scream and shmoke
lirl :screwy:

qwik 1
11-14-2006, 10:55 AM
nice vid mr leadfoot im lovn the c5

gixxermike
11-14-2006, 11:09 AM
i see your point on the two lane deal but it is also the driver of the car/ bike over taking to do so safely if u are getting caught out coming up on someone maybe you so evaulate your driving as well. not a stab at you either i understand where u are comming from i try to drive as safe as possible while enjoying a spirited run. and i do look out for traffic behind me as i know there is always someone faster. thanks for the comments :yes:

That why you passed a motorcycle on the wrong side of the road in the horseshoe turn on hwy 180 ?????:lmfao: You guys got the video from this past sunday up yet ???

You guys are pretty quick up their but i agree 2 lanes is for the weak :gay: :D

Leadfoot_mf
11-18-2006, 07:59 PM
That why you passed a motorcycle on the wrong side of the road in the horseshoe turn on hwy 180 ?????:lmfao: You guys got the video from this past sunday up yet ???

You guys are pretty quick up their but i agree 2 lanes is for the weak :gay: :D
wasnt me i do not condone this type of driving or behavior. no i have not downloaded the video yet. i also believe in letting faster traffic pass.
who r u did i met u sunday?