PDA

View Full Version : My Rx7 is for sale... 1988 GTU

Gilgamesh
11-03-2006, 04:44 PM
looks like someone had a drifting emergency.

other then that and all the miles on the body and suspension, it looks good.

Kalifornia087
11-03-2006, 09:34 PM
That's right. Im putting it up for sale

Now, if the car doesn't sell, too bad so sad. I will not be breaking down and letting it go for like 500 bucks or anything, so don't get that idea. If it sells, i've got another one ready for me.

1988 Rx7 GTU, Red.
-227k miles on the chassy, 130k on the motor.
5-speed.

The good.
--This thing runs like a fucking Top. Seriously, runs like a damn champ. I've never had any motor related problems with this car and i've put 21,000 miles on it
--LSD reared (factory in the GTU) And it still works great
-- 5speed of course
--5 lug (factory GTU equipment) 5x114.3 bolt pattern makes it super easy to find wheels for it.
--Pretty nice interior. at this second there is no center console stuff, but there will be when it's sold.
There is a CD player in the car, but there is only one speaker present in the car. It's the passenger side one. But you can still jam out.

The Bad.
--The starter is messed up. Car must be roll/push started. I don't know why. I've just dealt with it because i don't have time to mess with it.
-- 5th gear syncros are shitty. I have a method of shifting/ clutching to keep it from grinding, i'll pass that on to the new owner if it sells.
--Diff mount is fucked up. The car still rolls/drives just fine. But if you let off the gas and jab it it clunks pretty good. I can throw an extra one in with the car for extra $, or for a little more i can even put it in. It's never really bothered me though.
--The suspension is pretty worn. I mean, it's got 227k miles on it. What can you expect?
-- The car will be rolling on two factory wheels and two 16" 5spoke exlipse wheels (which look pretty good), *unless i can find two more 15" tires kicking around for the other two factory 15's (which come with the car as well.

The Ugly
It's got a big, nasty dented rear quarter on the drivers side. Many of you have already seen it. Drivers tail light is held on by tape. Has been for a while, brake lights and running lights still work fine.

That's all i can think of. This car means a lot to me. If it doesnt sell im keeping it. The motor in this car is stout. The motor was going into the shell that's in my backyard, as well as the 5lug and lsd. They Still Will if i dont sell it.

This car is a great drift project for somebody. I have already proven to many that it can slide pretty well. Proven drift car if you ask me.

Im asking $1500 or best offer. you can get a hold of me via post here, PM here, or calling my cell phone: 404-395-6862. Name is Austin Lawless. Make an offer. If i feel it's way low, i'll just say no. But feel free to offer me anything.

**Please note that the wheels pictured do not come with this car unless you want to pay about $500 extra!!*

*Pics

2.0civic
11-03-2006, 09:36 PM
excellent post...would you consider any trades or is this cash only?

Kalifornia087
11-03-2006, 09:36 PM
More pics....

Kalifornia087
11-03-2006, 09:37 PM
excellent post...would you consider any trades or is this cash only?

Depending on the trade, i'll think about it.

And thanks, i always like to really spell things out for people who buy my cars. No hiding shit, im sure there are a few on this board who can back that claim up.

2.0civic
11-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Depending on the trade, i'll think about it.

And thanks, i always like to really spell things out for people who buy my cars. No hiding shit, im sure there are a few on this board who can back that claim up.

i know youre big on the RWD thing but i got a 93 4 door civic...ill send you pics if you are intrested at all

Kalifornia087
11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
i know youre big on the RWD thing but i got a 93 4 door civic...ill send you pics if you are intrested at all

Send me some pics and info... I may be interested i may not, truthfully im kind of sick to my stomach that im thinking about selling this car.

but nonetheless... I could use the $$ But will think about trades

AnTi-PooN
11-03-2006, 09:54 PM
id give u a thousand pm me

Asian.Accent
11-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah man, again, a really nice post like your turbocoupe post. Has that thing sold yet? I would have picked it up except for the few problems that turbocoupes always have wrong with them over time.... But nice Rx-7. I'm still in the market for something like this so I'll keep it in mind....

Kalifornia087
11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
id give u a thousand pm me

PM me and we'll talk...

Yeah man, again, a really nice post like your turbocoupe post. Has that thing sold yet? I would have picked it up except for the few problems that turbocoupes always have wrong with them over time.... But nice Rx-7. I'm still in the market for something like this so I'll keep it in mind....

Yeah i sold the Turbo coupe. Wish i hadn't.

Just Let me know if you're interested in this one.

Kalifornia087
11-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Heading out for the day. If anybody is seriously interested, please call me on my Cell phone number that is in the original post. I'll be in the car too so if you want to see it just call and maybe we can meet up.

-Austin

Kalifornia087
11-04-2006, 10:37 AM
looks like someone had a drifting emergency.

other then that and all the miles on the body and suspension, it looks good.

Actually the damage is from me falling asleep at the wheel :eek:

It was the worst day ever. This car was incredibly fucking clean before that. I'm still pissed about it LoL.

TTT

-Austin

Kalifornia087
11-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Get on up.

Kalifornia087
11-11-2006, 02:08 PM
UP

slideordie86
11-11-2006, 10:29 PM
BUMP for a good car and a good guy. see ya at DF4 man

-jeremy

Gilgamesh
11-12-2006, 01:20 AM
yea its a nice car, but the damage just kinda kills it....if it wans't there, it would be sold by now.

those bbs wheels and a wax job would look bad arse.

Kalifornia087
11-12-2006, 04:28 PM
BUMP for a good car and a good guy. see ya at DF4 man

-jeremy

Yo thanks man i appreciate it! I'll be chillin at DF4 so look for me, i won't be drivin, but i'll be with my roomie who has the black and red rx7. So see you there.

yea its a nice car, but the damage just kinda kills it....if it wans't there, it would be sold by now.

those bbs wheels and a wax job would look bad arse.

Yeah i know man, But if the damage wasn't there it'd be up for about $2k or best offer (if not more), not $1500. And thanks, with a wax job the rest of the car is fucking sick looking!!!

Somebody has to be looking for a good running drift slut... Looking to get like $1200 for it, somebody lay it on me!

-Austin

Kalifornia087
11-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Up

KoukiDrftr
11-16-2006, 10:25 PM
you need to call john soon about your motor on the trailer... free bump

p.s. are you done with my camera yet? no rush just wondering

COGCaviZ24
11-16-2006, 10:40 PM
There is a CD player in the car, but there is only one speaker present in the car. It's the passenger side one. But you can still jam out.
:lmfao: that shit had me cracking up!!!

ya know...i was looking at your car yesturday, i think, at QT. i kept thinking "damn, i'd like have one of those" LOL i'll trade ya staight up for my car

good luck with the sale

Kalifornia087
11-16-2006, 11:23 PM
:lmfao: that shit had me cracking up!!!

ya know...i was looking at your car yesturday, i think, at QT. i kept thinking "damn, i'd like have one of those" LOL i'll trade ya staight up for my car

good luck with the sale

Yeah i love the car. I will have another FC next year and it's going to be set up right too, but for nwo i have to focus on the next car im going to be drifting... And yeah your Sunvalier is probably worth more than my car because of ym wreck LoL.

you need to call john soon about your motor on the trailer... free bump

p.s. are you done with my camera yet? no rush just wondering

Got the motor/ tranny thing for the other car taken care of.
Im about done with the camera. Should have it back to you soon..

COGCaviZ24
11-17-2006, 06:58 AM
:)

Kalifornia087
11-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Up

Kalifornia087
11-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Up

Gilgamesh
11-26-2006, 11:08 PM
so i was cruising EBAY and i came across some custom mounts that would allow direct bolt up of the 13b REW, and other twin turbo motors.

that swap would be nice, and ppl would be like OMG TWINS!

Kalifornia087
11-27-2006, 04:48 PM
so i was cruising EBAY and i came across some custom mounts that would allow direct bolt up of the 13b REW, and other twin turbo motors.
that swap would be nice, and ppl would be like OMG TWINS!

Haha yeah. They'res all kinds of swap options for these cars. SR's, 13b REW's, Ls1's, it goes on and on....

So somebody should but it!!

MAke offers, i want to get my other car going asap!

-Austin

aaronfelipe
11-27-2006, 04:59 PM
GOOD ass seller. Buy from him.

Kalifornia087
11-28-2006, 06:54 PM
GOOD ass seller. Buy from him.

Thanks playa!

-Austin

Kalifornia087
11-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Somebody buy this, i want to start on my next project!