PDA

View Full Version : Two street racers get prison time for deaths

B18c1Turboed
11-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Two street racers get prison time for deaths

By LATEEF MUNGIN ([email protected])
The Atlanta Journal Constitution
Published on: 11/02/06

Two women were sentenced to prison Thursday for a teenage race on a busy Norcross highway that resulted in the deaths of two people in 2003.

Wendy Jennings, now 20, and Susan Osley, also 20, pleaded guilty in Gwinnett Superior Court to vehicular homicide in the March 2003 deaths of Julia Burns, 61, and Jacob Miller, 17, on Peachtree Parkway.

Jennings was sentenced to five years in prison and 10 on probation for the incident, which involved a 90 miles-an-hour dash down the parkway.

Osley, who attended Greater Atlanta Christian at the time, was sentenced to four years in prison and 11 years' probation.

Jennings and Osley got into an impromptu race between their BMWs that ended when Jennings flipped her car and it landed in the path of a car driven by Julia Burns, said Gwinnett District Attorney Danny Porter.

Miller, Jennings' boyfriend at the time, was a passenger in her car.

Porter said he asked for more prison time for Jennings because she initiated the race.

The case was unusual in that Jennings' father, James Christopher Jennings,was indicted for allegedly allowing his daughter to drive an unsafe car. Porter said Thursday that case is still pending. The indictment said Jennings knew the BMW had worn brakes and tires, but still permitted his daughter to drive it.

During Thursday's hearing, presided over by Judge Richard Winegarden, several of Burns family members spoke.

"I am sad and angry," said Jason Berman, Julia Burns' son. "Not only is my family upset but I believe my mother is upset."

Burns' brother Frank Burns said "the senseless killing has left us devastated. Wendy Jennings and Susan Osley, children from priviliged families, made a deliberate choice that caused the end of (Burns) life."

Burns was returning to her Duluth home from a Florida vacation when she was killed.

Jennings, who lived in Norcross, spoke briefly during the hearing. She said she was so injured in the crash that she did not remember it.

"Even though I do not remember it I accept full responsibility," Jennings said.

iloveboost
11-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Female drivers, no survivors.

They should've gotten more time.

MongolPup
11-02-2006, 12:42 PM
That was under 3 minutes away from my house; we could hear the helicopters circling. Jacob lived right down the street; his sister was really messed up for a LONG time.

NoPainT
11-02-2006, 12:43 PM
damn... I don't remember hearing bout that... or did I?

The Green Monster
11-02-2006, 12:45 PM

http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/stupid.gif

TheSnail
11-02-2006, 12:47 PM
"he asked for more prison time for Jennings because she initiated the race"

WTF? Jennings is gonna have to stab a nigga once she gets out

TheSnail
11-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Let me get this strait, Her boyfreind asked for her to get more time or Porter?

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 12:54 PM
yea once you hit them hazards = more pound me in the azz prison son

TRINI4LIFE
11-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Only 4 and 5 yrs for Vehicular homicide? That doesn't add up to me. If they were black............ Just kidding

B18c1Turboed
11-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Heres there Pics

Suzane Osley
http://www.gwinnettcountysheriff.com/asp/imageone_stage2.asp?target=%202006029388

Wendy Jennings
http://www.gwinnettcountysheriff.com/asp/imageone_stage2.asp?target=%202006029390

Kyle
11-02-2006, 01:22 PM
That shit was fucked up I went to Norcross High School. Yeah that highway is fun as hell to speed on. I don't race on it when I am high though, which is what allegedly happened rumor has it.

The Green Monster
11-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Only 4 and 5 yrs for Vehicular homicide? That doesn't add up to me. If they were black............ Just kidding

lol i know right

we'd be staring at death :lmfao:

i love being black:bump:

Kyle
11-02-2006, 02:42 PM
The sentence time probably has something to do with the fact that the girls family is fucking loaded.

{X}Echo419
11-02-2006, 02:47 PM
good. :2cents:

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Heres there Pics

Suzane Osley
http://www.gwinnettcountysheriff.com/asp/imageone_stage2.asp?target=%202006029388

Wendy Jennings
http://www.gwinnettcountysheriff.com/asp/imageone_stage2.asp?target=%202006029390

Wendy is gonna get bashed on the first nite alone, she look like a chump.. now Suzane on the other hand... prison is gonna be an awakening for her, something she's been longing for, her inner urges, the primal fight she has with herself, will finally be fought, who will reign supreme, we shall see

keevo54
11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
That shit was fucked up I went to Norcross High School. Yeah that highway is fun as hell to speed on. I don't race on it when I am high though, which is what allegedly happened rumor has it.
I know Susan was high at the time. After the wreck, she fled the scene but came back later.

B18c1Turboed
11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Wendy is gonna get bashed on the first nite alone, she look like a chump.. now Suzane on the other hand... prison is gonna be an awakening for her, something she's been longing for, her inner urges, the primal fight she has with herself, will finally be fought, who will reign supreme, we shall see

:lmfao: Dont they have to get there heads shaved? so the both will look like dyks in a few months.

I was watching a show about prison life on the inside and they said women are alot worse then guys!! I was like dammmmmmmmmmmm:police:

TRINI4LIFE
11-02-2006, 03:32 PM
lol i know right

we'd be staring at death :lmfao:

i love being black:bump:

I was going to say that but I was like nah, I am going to chill. But WE know if that was a minority....... boy oh boy that shit would have been all over fox, abc, channel 2, PBS, ESPN, food channel, Vh1, and last but not lease CNN.... :lmfao:

HeLLo iM iZzY
11-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Dumbasses !

Bballjamal
11-02-2006, 03:49 PM
They're both busted so they'll be dyking within a week, 2 days, and 3hrs!

§treet_§peed
11-02-2006, 04:00 PM
one word came to mind after reading this....:smileowne

BluesClues
11-02-2006, 04:06 PM
I was going to say that but I was like nah, I am going to chill. But WE know if that was a minority....... boy oh boy that shit would have been all over fox, abc, channel 2, PBS, ESPN, food channel, Vh1, and last but not lease CNN.... :lmfao:
Hell yeah!!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
*Breaking news. Black man kills two white people in drag race on highway*

Dominic49
11-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Wendy Jennings

:idb: :idb: :idb: :idb: :idb:

quickdodge®
11-02-2006, 04:40 PM

This should have been their punishment:

http://www.allopolice.net/accidents/divers/crash-test-Nissan-Primera.jpg

No seatbelts. No airbags. No saftey precautions at all. However they come out is how they will be. Later, QD.

Marcos Ruiz
11-02-2006, 04:42 PM
On a serious note: That same judge sent my bestfriend to jail for something similar. Why is no one bringing up the fact that judge Winegarden had a family member that died the same way.. We didnt find out until the day of the case.

2.0civic
11-02-2006, 04:49 PM
marcos, Who the hell cares about your case?? Are you trying to justify vehicular homicide??

QD, i agree with you on that punishment though

§treet_§peed
11-02-2006, 04:50 PM
then i can see why he does the things the way he does...i would be tuff as hell on them also...

Kyle
11-02-2006, 04:51 PM
What kinda prison would that put you in? Low security or the ones with the lez's. Or maybe they both have lez's I don't know.

2.0civic
11-02-2006, 04:55 PM
all prisons have lesbians...they gotta get it somewhere

quickdodge®
11-02-2006, 05:03 PM
On a serious note: That same judge sent my bestfriend to jail for something similar. Why is no one bringing up the fact that judge Winegarden had a family member that died the same way.. We didnt find out until the day of the case.

So? If your bestfriend was streetracing, he deserved everything he got. I'd be harder on those idiots, myself, if I lost a family member to that crap. Later, QD.

2.0civic
11-02-2006, 05:04 PM
So? If your bestfriend was streetracing, he deserved everything he got. I'd be harder on those idiots, myself, if I lost a family member to that crap. Later, QD.another great post....

QD, if it didnt happen to HIS friend, im sure he would have the same opinion

ahmonrah
11-02-2006, 05:08 PM
damn! you beat my horribly to posting this.....but yeah,,,bad brakes, worn tires and teenage drivers racing? recipe for disaster...hope they enjoy the broom.

Kyle
11-02-2006, 05:08 PM
So? If your bestfriend was streetracing, he deserved everything he got. I'd be harder on those idiots, myself, if I lost a family member to that crap. Later, QD.

I agree. When I look at it in the perspective of what if a friend or family member of mine was killed it pisses me off. People need to be more carefull and pay the price when they fuck up other peoples lives, not just 5 fucking years. That's my opinion.

§treet_§peed
11-02-2006, 05:09 PM
i mean i do it..my friends do it..we all know the risks...but if i was to kill someone because of my ignorance..then i WOULD EXCPET MY PUNISHMENT...what ever it maybe...because it would of been my fault becase of the choices and desizions i made/make....

quickdodge®
11-02-2006, 05:11 PM
i mean i do it..my friends do it..we all know the risks...

Here's my honest take...I hope either you or your friends die before someone else does. Too bad the risk isn't to only you people and not to innocent people. Later, QD.

§treet_§peed
11-02-2006, 05:11 PM
also another thing...this is another reason i hate doing high way runs or doing it ina any kinda crowded area....i like to do runs in a sucluded business park...where their are very few people around...and the people that are around are behind us....and stay there

§treet_§peed
11-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Here's my honest take...I hope either you or your friends die before someone else does. Too bad the risk isn't to only you people and not to innocent people. Later, QD. as do i...i could not live with myself know that because of a descion i made costed another person their life....

§treet_§peed
11-02-2006, 05:13 PM
another funny thing..i can do 100 MPH + on a moutain and not worry one little bit...but i can't get on a roller coaster lol

Marcos Ruiz
11-02-2006, 05:18 PM

Reading back at my post it does sound like Im disagreeing with what happen to these chics. They deserve what they got. As for the term Im sure they wont even do a year in prison.

My Bestfriend killed his cousin who was a good friend of mine a couple years back in a car accident off of harrington. It was an accident. Thats a whole nother situation. I just dont like that judge. I also dont like the laws in gwinnett, but back to topic. I was just blowing off some steam in the wrong place.

ahmonrah
11-02-2006, 05:25 PM
I agree. When I look at it in the perspective of what if a friend or family member of mine was killed it pisses me off. People need to be more carefull and pay the price when they fuck up other peoples lives, not just 5 fucking years. That's my opinion.maybe as an added sentence the judge will make them each send a dollar a day to the ladies fmaily, addressed to the dead, with an apology letter.

LiL PaKi
11-02-2006, 06:37 PM
I miss Jacob :( ... I went to school with him.. I remember when this happend... :( RIP

Sushi
11-02-2006, 07:02 PM
maybe as an added sentence the judge will make them each send a dollar a day to the ladies fmaily, addressed to the dead, with an apology letter.

No amount of money is componsation for a lost loved one.

2.0civic
11-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Reading back at my post it does sound like Im disagreeing with what happen to these chics. They deserve what they got. As for the term Im sure they wont even do a year in prison.

My Bestfriend killed his cousin who was a good friend of mine a couple years back in a car accident off of harrington. It was an accident. Thats a whole nother situation. I just dont like that judge. I also dont like the laws in gwinnett, but back to topic. I was just blowing off some steam in the wrong place.
and your parents having you was an accident as well

2.0civic
11-02-2006, 07:07 PM
marcos, so its cool that these people killed an old lady (which was an accident she died) and they get prison but someone you know had an accident and its ok, they shouldnt be charged?? i seriously dont see your reasoning but whatever

toonz
11-02-2006, 07:18 PM
This is sad to hear

2.0civic
11-02-2006, 07:27 PM
This is sad to hearwhy? that people are getting rightfully punished for their fuck up?

Marcos Ruiz
11-02-2006, 07:46 PM
marcos, so its cool that these people killed an old lady (which was an accident she died) and they get prison but someone you know had an accident and its ok, they shouldnt be charged?? i seriously dont see your reasoning but whatever

Heres a bit more detail because I dont think my friend should of done any jail time. Ill explain.

Short story:

These two chics were racing. One wrecked and killed two people in another car. Girls go to jail.

Short story :

Guy and his cousin in a car. Go around a turn going 8 over the speed limit. Lose control and hit a lady dead on. Lady in the other car broke her legs. Cousin dies by hitting his head on the dash (no seatbelt) and 28. Goose neck.

Cousins parents and wife dont press charges. Guy goes to jail for 4 and 12yrs probation. Will do 21yrs if breaks any probation rules.

I really dont think my bestfriend should be doing anytime.

2.0civic
11-02-2006, 07:58 PM
how fast were they going?? 8 over through a curve unless it was like a 65 speed limit i really dont see 8 over doint that...i think theres more to it cause if what happened happened that way, i think he would have been ejected. no offense but i just dont buy 8 over

§treet_§peed
11-02-2006, 09:44 PM
plain and simple...what a dumb exscuse for a bitch..... life /

Marcos Ruiz
11-02-2006, 10:25 PM
how fast were they going?? 8 over through a curve unless it was like a 65 speed limit i really dont see 8 over doint that...i think theres more to it cause if what happened happened that way, i think he would have been ejected. no offense but i just dont buy 8 over

Herrington rd.

1988 caprice classic against a 1995 accord

No bullshit.

2turbo4u
11-02-2006, 11:41 PM
So ya friends was leaning, huh?

Ericp
11-03-2006, 03:52 PM
yeah I heard about this on the neal borts(sp?) show this morning

LiL PaKi
11-03-2006, 06:34 PM
If i can recall correctly when I first heard about Jacob's death they told me that the girl driver was parallized from neck down and couldn't remember anything or anyone.. and they told her that once she got out of the hospital she was going to jail after being told that she killed someone and doesn't remember... can someone confirm? did anyone else know Jacob :( ... he went to Norcross High School... would have been class of 2004 ... :(

LiL PaKi
11-03-2006, 06:38 PM
I was also told Jacobs body went through the front passenger seat and was found in the back seat and that he was so messed up that they has to cremate his body...

2.0civic
11-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Herrington rd.

1988 caprice classic against a 1995 accord

No bullshit.

so your buddy died doing 53 in a 45 curve?? im sorry but if a driver i know cant handle a curve 8 over, i sure as hell wouldnt be riding, much less be unbuckled..

you said he goosenecked...so what was he doing facing the floorboard in a curve anyway?? if thats what you are talking about as far as goosenecked, still doesnt add up

Marcos Ruiz
11-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Nah gooseneck is when you brake your neck. He hit his head on the dash board hence the no seat belt.

2.0civic
11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Nah gooseneck is when you brake your neck. He hit his head on the dash board hence the no seat belt.

i know.....ok....simple physics lesson....car goes 53, you go 53 correct?? assuming the guy is sitting upright he either a.) legs hit dash and head hit something else or b.) gets ejected out the windshield...

Theres almost no way he hits his head directly on the dash UNLESS he is facing downward at impact.

Hektik
11-04-2006, 12:17 AM
i know.....ok....simple physics lesson....car goes 53, you go 53 correct?? assuming the guy is sitting upright he either a.) legs hit dash and head hit something else or b.) gets ejected out the windshield...

Theres almost no way he hits his head directly on the dash UNLESS he is facing downward at impact.

The girls got less then what they deserved someone is now dead becasue of them but whatever...

now about marcos story i knew the kid my sel i went to school with his sister the whole accident it self is still a little unclear in my head but I know for a fact the kid was a straight edge kinda kid from what i know atleast. and everyside of the story ive heard so far is pretty much the same taht marcos is posting. my only problem with it is that the family dropped charges but gwinnett county decided that they wanted to continue with the charges to make an example of the kid.

2.0civic
11-04-2006, 12:18 AM
yeah thats fucked up on gwinnetts part

Marcos Ruiz
11-04-2006, 01:01 AM

Bro you killing me. If you ever sit inside a late model caprice youll see that the seats sit extremely low. You will also see that the dash is almost leveled with your chin.

Yeah and gwinnett sucks. Even though the family didnt press charges Gwinnett county has some type of law that admits the county to press charges and not be voided by a family member or spouse.

2.0civic
11-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Bro you killing me. If you ever sit inside a late model caprice youll see that the seats sit extremely low. You will also see that the dash is almost leveled with your chin.

Yeah and gwinnett sucks. Even though the family didnt press charges Gwinnett county has some type of law that admits the county to press charges and not be voided by a family member or spouse.

if i ever sat in one?? My first car i drove was a 85 so ive had seat time...bottom line is if driver stays in lane, no charges, end of story

Marcos Ruiz
11-04-2006, 01:16 AM
End of story. Go jump off a cliff.

2.0civic
11-04-2006, 01:17 AM
end of story is you suck at life and you came off saying that these girls didnt deserve what they are getting. Pull your head out of your ass. Yeah, maybe your buddys situation was different but you are retarded. End of story

Marcos Ruiz
11-04-2006, 01:29 AM
end of story is I suck at life and you came off saying that these girls did deserve what they are getting. Ill Pull my head out of my ass. Yeah, maybe your buddys situation was different but Im retarded. End of story

Give me a call sometime.

2.0civic
11-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Give me a call sometime when i get off the rag so you can show me how to NOT do gay shit like make quote edits.BTW, i have a 68 IQ.

nah i think ill pass. thanks though

Marcos Ruiz
11-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Chillaxing foo

Tight tight

Julio
11-05-2006, 07:54 AM
this girls shouldve just got probation.

Fast Shadow
11-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Those girls should have .22cal rounds dipped in AIDS fired into them by a gun jammed up their snatches.