PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what to do anymore

blacknightteg
11-02-2006, 07:31 AM
alright so lately, i have been like having these issues with myself, and about my life and everything. Now i know this is probably the last place i should ask for advice but i figured some people have probably been through the same shit that i am going through right now. Anyways, latley i have been contenplating not going to school anymore. I just cant take the whole school thing anymore its getting to me too much. I feel like it stresses me out more then it should and i cant take that anymore, im not doing too good in my class. its like im not trying or anything and i just dont know what to do with myself. With that on top of work i feel like my life is fucking insane, but the thing is when im at work and everything, i feel more at ease more comfortable with what im doing and not really have to worry about to much. anyways, what im geting at is, i really dont feel like i want to do school anymore. I just feel like if i took off from that for a while to clear my head, kind of get my life together, when it was the right time i could go back. Its always going to be there but i dont know if its the right decision. it feels like it could be. but i just dont know waht to do .

Nemesis
11-02-2006, 07:35 AM
alright so lately, i have been like having these issues with myself, and about my life and everything. Now i know this is probably the last place i should ask for advice but i figured some people have probably been through the same shit that i am going through right now. Anyways, latley i have been contenplating not going to school anymore. I just cant take the whole school thing anymore its getting to me too much. I feel like it stresses me out more then it should and i cant take that anymore, im not doing too good in my class. its like im not trying or anything and i just dont know what to do with myself. With that on top of work i feel like my life is fucking insane, but the thing is when im at work and everything, i feel more at ease more comfortable with what im doing and not really have to worry about to much. anyways, what im geting at is, i really dont feel like i want to do school anymore. I just feel like if i took off from that for a while to clear my head, kind of get my life together, when it was the right time i could go back. Its always going to be there but i dont know if its the right decision. it feels like it could be. but i just dont know waht to do .

Yeah I understand where you are coming from to be honest. Ever since I started college I had worked, still doing it till this day. I was started to get burned out from the whole thing and decided to take a semester or two off and just work and make cash. Do I regret it? Not completely. Only downside is that I am behind in graduating. A lot of people I know are graduating, but they really dont have a job, or they have a job not doing what they graduated for, which I totally think is the most idiotic thing in the world. Everyone rushes to complete it, only to be left with more questions afterwards. I plan on cracking down hard next Spring, and still continue to work. However, sometimes we all need a break, but you need to commit to yourself that you will go back and finish. Jobs dont last forever but your education does.

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 07:35 AM
KILL URSELF BRO

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 07:36 AM

SHOOT YOURSELF ASAP

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 07:36 AM
NO NO DONT DO THAT.. SLIT THE WRISTS HOMES!!

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 07:37 AM
REMEMBER ITS DOWN THE ROAD NOT ACROSS THE STREET.. MAKE IT COUNT

thinkfast®
HAHAHAHA U SUK AT LIFE

thinkfast®
DEPORT YOURSELF IMMEDIATELTY

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 07:38 AM
DEPORT YOURSELF IMMEDIATELTY

N/M, YOUR NAME ISNT RIKAN 2WON9!!!sHIFT+1

blacknightteg
11-02-2006, 07:52 AM
dude this is supposed to be a serious thread man. But yeah george, i just feel like really burnt out..to the point where i just like want to curl up in a ball and just be left alone. its liek nothing really feels right. like that everything i do just feels wrong to me. I dont understand it at all

Ruiner
11-02-2006, 07:53 AM
REMEMBER ITS DOWN THE ROAD NOT ACROSS THE STREET.. MAKE IT COUNT

:goodjob:

Nemesis
11-02-2006, 07:55 AM
dude this is supposed to be a serious thread man. But yeah george, i just feel like really burnt out..to the point where i just like want to curl up in a ball and just be left alone. its liek nothing really feels right. like that everything i do just feels wrong to me. I dont understand it at all

You're 20 right? I wouldnt stress over it. Just take shit one day at a time. Everything works out in the end.

Halfwit
11-02-2006, 07:55 AM
you have to consider 1 thing.....

do you mind working alot?

i decided that im probably not going ot school anytime soon, and to justify that, i got two jobs to where i wrok around 76 hours a week. i dont mind it, but some ppl cant handle it.

no education = have to work alot harder.

jsut figure out if ud rather take the harder working way than the eduacated way.

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 08:07 AM
HAHAHA AWESOME RUINER.. I BEEN LOOKIN FOR THAT.

THANKS! :goodjob:

ORGANIZATIONXIII
11-02-2006, 08:09 AM
I was in the same boat you were in. School stressing you the hell out and wondering, if the college thing was made for you.

Sometimes, you just need to look at the bigger picture and see that, your going to school and getting a degree that will in turn help you succeed in finding better job opportunities.

Everyday you have stress, its how you deal with it. I suggest you find ways of properly dealing with this DISTRESS, and finding a way to gain EUSTRESS.

I found that if you can balance them out your good man, just look at school as a job and do your best. Don't slack on something that will help you in the future.

But if you feel like thats the main source of stress, I'd advise you to go talk to your advisors of school, they'll have the resources to help you out and you making a decision that may ultimately change your life.

Sammich
11-02-2006, 08:10 AM
thinkfast wildn...but neway..i felt the same way(although i was doin good n my classes) my advice is to stick w/ it ull be happier u did..betta get thru it now rather than later

Leisa
11-02-2006, 08:10 AM
KILL URSELF BRO

Thats not funny Ricky :(

R.Kelly
11-02-2006, 08:16 AM
yea school sucks at the moment for me too, but just think once its all over you'll be better off

Leadfoot_mf
11-02-2006, 08:17 AM
the world needs ditch diggers too danny.

Sammich
11-02-2006, 08:19 AM
the world needs ditch diggers too danny.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

ORGANIZATIONXIII
11-02-2006, 08:21 AM
:no:

Ran
11-02-2006, 08:56 AM
I'd take a break from life in general man. Work, school, family, all of this can really bring you down. I got through the same sh*t all the time and it just makes things more difficult. I'd say save some money, take a semester off and go on vacation. Just away from everything. I'm planning to take my trip next Spring/Summer and just disappear for a while. Maybe you should try the same thing.

Ruiner
11-02-2006, 08:59 AM
The only advice that I can give you is to stick with it. Life's hard, it's unfair, and definitely not easy. If you can't push yourself to make it through this, it will only get worse. You are going to face MUCH tougher things later on down the road. Wait until you have house with bills, a wife, kids, etc.

How you handle this situation can drastically change how you handle things in the future. Just keep that in mind...

BluesClues
11-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Shouldn't this be in the lifestyle section? So yeah anyway, been there done that. Just chill out and relax. Remember that there are worse things out there you could be experiencing. At least you are in school. Not too many people get that opportunity. Be greatful and make worth of your blessing

JennB
11-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Agreed. Take a step back and try to figure out what parts are really stressing you out... is there a better way to organize your schedule, for example. It's much better to take a bad time in your life and learn from it than to just give up and walk away.

I worked and went to school at the same time and I wish I still had the amount of freedom that I had back then. I thought it was hard at the time but I pushed through and learned how to deal with life.

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 09:21 AM
YOU CAN ALWAYS HANG YOURSELF IN MOMS BASEMENT

Ruiner
11-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Agreed. Take a step back and try to figure out what parts are really stressing you out... is there a better way to organize your schedule, for example. It's much better to take a bad time in your life and learn from it than to just give up and walk away.

I worked and went to school at the same time and I wish I still had the amount of freedom that I had back then. I thought it was hard at the time but I pushed through and learned how to deal with life.

Yep, life only gets harder... I hate to tell him that, but it does.

JennB
11-02-2006, 09:32 AM
People said that to me when I was younger and all I did was roll my eyes and say "yeah right". But it's true... when you have to rely on yourself for everything and the consequence of slacking off is far worse than just a bad grade. But I will say, the more you learn during these years, not just out of books but learning how to deal with stress how to manage time, how to be responsible, the easier it can be afterwards.

man
11-02-2006, 09:36 AM
I am kinda in the same boat, ready to drop out of Tech, although mine is due to the fact that I don't really see school helping me in the long run. I already have a $60k+ job available for me right now, guy said he needs me ASAP, and he's a really cool guy. After that I plan on working for nobody but myself.

But it doesn't really seem like you have a plan, what you might need to do is look into some other majors by taking some electives. I really think that would help.

tony
11-02-2006, 09:40 AM

I'll answer this in more detail later but I felt the same way about 7 years ago coming out of high school.. I only went to college to please my parents and didnt earn one credit my freshman year. Looking back, leaving college was the best decision I made.. for me. College isn't for everyone, and you have to know when the time is right for you. Also you have to evaluate what you want in life and if college is really going to help you achieve it. For me, college helped but I'm more hands on than sitting in a classroom.. I have to learn from real world experiences.

Again, decide what you want and life and come up with a realistic plan to pursue it.. you dont have to have a degree to be successful. Hope this helps

JennB
11-02-2006, 09:45 AM
How many classes are you taking right now and what is your major?

Maybe drop down to one or two classes or explore other majors. I honestly wish I had majored in something different from what I did but didn't want to go through the trouble of taking more classes. Mistake, but I have done pretty well for myself otherwise. And no, college isn't for everyone but at least explore all of your options, and like Tony said, come up with a plan before you walk away.

Ruiner
11-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I can assure you that if he transfer to UGA his ENTIRE outlook on college will change... :)

tony
11-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Just read my response and it sounds like I'm totally against school and I'm not, I do feel being educated is important and I will finish school once my business allows me to leave my full time job. Life comes MUCH easier when you have a good education, learning on your own definitely has a down side to it (many many mistakes in life) so weigh your options.

And obviously if you're pursuing a specialized profession (Lawyer, Doctor, etc) don't drop out if its in your heart, take some time off if you have to.

soul
11-02-2006, 10:05 AM
stop smoking pot....

man
11-02-2006, 10:12 AM
I can assure you that if he transfer to UGA his ENTIRE outlook on college will change... :)

No, comment...

Athens is fun but I would never go to school there, they don't have the best Aerospace Engineering program ever. :lmfao:

Ruiner
11-02-2006, 10:23 AM
No, comment...

Athens is fun but I would never go to school there, they don't have the best Aerospace Engineering program ever. :lmfao:

Who the fuck goes to school to learn? I went to UGA to learn, granted, but I wanted a party, social atmosphere as well. I wanted to party and have sex. I did both wayyyyy too much, but it was some of the most memorable times in my life. I went to class...sometimes. I did manage a 3.6 GPA, though (not bad, huh?).

man
11-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Who the fuck goes to school to learn? I went to UGA to learn, granted, but I wanted a party, social atmosphere as well. I wanted to party and have sex. I did both wayyyyy too much, but it was some of the most memorable times in my life. I went to class...sometimes. I did manage a 3.6 GPA, though (not bad, huh?).

:goodjob: My sister and best friend are both there and they love it. Just not my type of thing though.

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 10:40 AM
UCLA GOT THE BADDDDEST CHICKS, GO SEE FOR YOURSELF

blacknightteg
11-02-2006, 11:00 AM
I'd take a break from life in general man. Work, school, family, all of this can really bring you down. I got through the same sh*t all the time and it just makes things more difficult. I'd say save some money, take a semester off and go on vacation. Just away from everything. I'm planning to take my trip next Spring/Summer and just disappear for a while. Maybe you should try the same thing.

yeah i was thinking about that lately, thats kind of what i want to do. just get away to clear my head. i just feel like too burnt out i guess.

blacknightteg
11-02-2006, 11:06 AM
I'll answer this in more detail later but I felt the same way about 7 years ago coming out of high school.. I only went to college to please my parents and didnt earn one credit my freshman year. Looking back, leaving college was the best decision I made.. for me. College isn't for everyone, and you have to know when the time is right for you. Also you have to evaluate what you want in life and if college is really going to help you achieve it. For me, college helped but I'm more hands on than sitting in a classroom.. I have to learn from real world experiences.

Again, decide what you want and life and come up with a realistic plan to pursue it.. you dont have to have a degree to be successful. Hope this helps

see thats how i feel that i am right now, i starting going to school just cuz i felt it was a "norm" and that i was the right thing to do. not nessasary in my eyes, but more so my parents. for me it was always the "child in the back ground" type of thing, both my sisters were 4.0 students, shit came easy to them and for me, well school's always been a bitch and a half. I myself cant stand sitting in a class room in a class that i dont really see me using in the future. Im also more of a hands on/experience type of person that would rather learn outside thin in a room.

blacknightteg
11-02-2006, 11:07 AM
stop smoking pot....

asshat i havent done that shit in a long time.

JennB
11-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Well, different things work for different people. Good luck.

blacknightteg
11-02-2006, 11:14 AM
i appreciate all the imput and what not. i've kind of had this issue before, but it just kind of boiled over to a point lately where it really really bothered me and i didnt kno what to do

TheSnail
11-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Just drop out of school, chill for 2years, then get a GED, thats what I did, and look at me now!

TheSnail
11-02-2006, 11:47 AM
http://staff.washington.edu/plant/projects/River%20Velocities/bill%20van.jpg

man
11-02-2006, 12:48 PM
lol, livin the dream

TheSnail
11-02-2006, 12:53 PM
IN A VAAAN, DOWN BY THE RIIIVEEER!

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 12:54 PM
asshat i havent done that shit in a long time.

START SMOKING

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 12:54 PM
START SMOKING

HE'S RIGHT

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 12:55 PM
NOWS AS GOOD A TIME AS ANY, ROLL UP

thinkfast®
DO IT MAN, PEER PRESSURE IS A BITCH

thinkfast®
HUGS NOT DRUGS!

thinkfast®
11-02-2006, 12:56 PM
HUGS NOT DRUGS!

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!! THE FUK OUTTA HERE, THIS AINT NO AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL, DONT LISTEN TO HIM MAN.. ROLL UP A FATTIE AND LET IT RELAX YA MIND

AAAAH BIG SNOOP DOGG

ISAtlanta300
11-02-2006, 01:52 PM
The only advice that I can give you is to stick with it. Life's hard, it's unfair, and definitely not easy. If you can't push yourself to make it through this, it will only get worse. You are going to face MUCH tougher things later on down the road. Wait until you have house with bills, a wife, kids, etc.

How you handle this situation can drastically change how you handle things in the future. Just keep that in mind...

Best advice in this post, bro....