PDA

View Full Version : Anyone works for or know someone who works at Post Office?

ATK_Designs
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
I really need help. I'd like to have a letter to be postmarked on Oct 30th.

Thanks a lot.

kelly marie
11-01-2006, 02:30 PM
good luck on that.. i dont think GOVERNMENT postal workers can reverse time.. and if they could i highly doubt they would want to potentialy loose their job for your procrastination :)

AtifSajid
11-01-2006, 02:32 PM
good luck on that.. i dont think GOVERNMENT postal workers can reverse time.. and if they could i highly doubt they would want to potentialy loose their job for your procrastination :)

you hit the dot. cant be reversed...unless you find someone that already had yesterdays post mark stamps sitting around.

Nemesis
11-01-2006, 02:32 PM

oh mean Kelly.... :(

ATK_Designs
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM

Thanks for the lecture.

FYI, the document has been submit through my company's mailing system. Yet, no one picked it up within the last 2 weeks. The PO man missed the 2nd "out-going" mailbox and only checked on the 1st one.

kelly marie
11-01-2006, 02:33 PM
lol im not trying to be mean.. but im sure all their postage machines are automatic.. so it would be impossible to change it unless they were manual :)

ATK_Designs
11-01-2006, 02:35 PM
I see a lot of post offices use the old label stamp. The electronic stamps has the date on them. I just want the old school red stamp.

kelly marie
11-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the lecture.

FYI, the document has been submit through my company's mailing system. Yet, no one picked it up within the last 2 weeks. The PO man missed the 2nd "out-going" mailbox and only checked on the 1st one. yw :) and in that case if the post man did miss the outgoing mail.. i would be calling that post office.. quickly :goodjob:

superfox1
11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I work for the Post Office..and sorry to say you are SOL! The carrier should have picked it up, you can call the PO, but they will not be able to post mark it for an earlier date. All you can really do is bitch at the superviser. He will then go to the carrier, and laugh and joke around about the carrier being a dumb ass for missing it. As bad as is is to say that, the Union has us covered for ANYTHING other than stealing mail (and has us covered for that too sometimes).
More than likely it was an accident...we get rushed around while we are on the street...we have a VERY tight schedule to keep and do sometimes forget basic things. - Not that any of that helps the situation....good luck!

ATK_Designs
11-01-2006, 06:23 PM
that blows.

What happened to the old red stamp style? I mean, the damn mail was in that box for weeks, not just days :(

Hulud
11-01-2006, 10:43 PM
lose

not loose

loose (adj) 1. free or released from fastening or attachment: a loose end.
2. free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.
3. uncombined, as a chemical element.
4. not bound together: to wear one's hair loose.

lose (v) 1. free or released from fastening or attachment: a loose end.
2. free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.
3. uncombined, as a chemical element.
4. not bound together: to wear one's hair loose.