PDA

View Full Version : Misc guitar hero II

ShooterMcGavin
10-31-2006, 03:27 PM
comes out next Tue 11/7, who's going to get it?

Ran
10-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Right here. :yes:

Sport1.3
10-31-2006, 04:26 PM
this game is gonna kick ass!!!

TRACK LIST:
1. Opening Licks

"Shout at the Devil" - Mötley Crüe
"Mother" - Danzig
"Surrender" - Cheap Trick
"Woman" - Wolfmother
"Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight" - Spınal Tap

2. Amp-Warmers

"Strutter" - KISS
"Heart-Shaped Box" - Nirvana
"Message in a Bottle" - The Police
"You Really Got Me" - Van Halen
"Carry On Wayward Son" - Kansas

3. String-Snappers

"Monkey Wrench" - Foo Fighters
"Them Bones" - Alice in Chains
"Search and Destroy" - Iggy Pop and The Stooges
"Tattooed Love Boys" - The Pretenders
"War Pigs" - Black Sabbath

4. Thrash and Burn

"Cherry Pie" - Warrant
"Who Was in My Room Last Night?" - Butthole Surfers
"Girlfriend" - Matthew Sweet
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking" - The Rolling Stones
"Sweet Child O' Mine" - Guns N' Roses

5. Return of the Shred

"Killing in the Name" - Rage Against the Machine
"John the Fisherman" - Primus
"Freya" - The Sword
"Bad Reputation" - Thin Lizzy
"Last Child" - Aerosmith

6. Relentless Riffs

"Crazy on You" - Heart
"Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart" - Stone Temple Pilots
"Rock This Town" - Stray Cats
"Jessica" - The Allman Brothers Band
"Stop!" - Jane's Addiction

7. Furious Fretwork

"Madhouse" - Anthrax
"Carry Me Home" - The Living End
"Laid to Rest" - Lamb of God
"Psychobilly Freakout" - The Reverend Horton Heat
"YYZ" - Rush

8. Face-Melters

"Beast and the Harlot" - Avenged Sevenfold
"Institutionalized" - Suicidal Tendencies
"Misirlou" - Dick Dale
"Hangar 18" - Megadeth
"Free Bird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

BONUS

"Arterial Black" - Drist
"Collide" - Anarchy Club
"Elephant Bones" - That Handsome Devil
"Fall of Pangea" - Valient Thorr
"FTK" - Vagiant
"Gemini" - Brian Kahanek
"Jordan" - Buckethead
"Laughtrack" - The Acro-brats
"Less Talk More Rokk" - Freezepop
"The Light that Blinds" - Shadows Fall
"Mr. Fix-it" - The Amazing Royal Crowns
"The New Black" - Every Time I Die
"One for the Road" - Breaking Wheel
"Parasite" - The Neighborhoods
"Push Push (Lady Lightning)" - Bang Camaro
"Radium Eyes" - Count Zero
"Raw Dog" - The Last Vegas (Winner of the "Be a Guitar Hero" Contest)
"Red Lottery" - Megasus
"Six" - All That Remains
"Soy Bomb" - Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives
"Thunderhorse" - Dethklok
"Trogdor" - Strong Bad
"X-Stream" - Voivod
"Yes We Can" - Made in Mexico

Ran
10-31-2006, 04:33 PM
LOL @ "Thunderhorse" by Dethklok!!! (Adult Swim FTW!)

ROFL @ "Trogdor" by Strong Bad!!! (Homestar Runner FTW!)

Hulud
10-31-2006, 09:09 PM
i might actually pick this up, everytime i die, lamb of god, shadows fall, nirvana, GnR?

fuck yea!

HyPer50
10-31-2006, 10:09 PM
i read the review and it seemed cool, only thing is it cost a bit doesn't it? whats the final price on it with the guitar and all that mess?

Hulud
10-31-2006, 10:11 PM
prolly 70, that is what the first one cost i believe

HyPer50
10-31-2006, 10:13 PM
it plays similar to like the DDR style right? kinda like once the certain button appears on screen you gotta hit it, except it's on a guitar instead of pad on the ground? lol

ShooterMcGavin
10-31-2006, 11:02 PM
yeah, another beat/music oriented game.

Bishop
10-31-2006, 11:17 PM
oh shit....the first one was hard enough for me lol

Maverick
11-01-2006, 10:39 PM
shibby!!! and yes i used that word, deal with it

GTScoob
11-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Damn they're actually going to have some good songs in the new one. War Pigs should be fun to play along with the cock-rock songs.

I think I'll wait for my roomie to buy it but then I'm not going to be able to play GT4 for prolly 2 weeks until he's beat the whole thing on expert.

GTScoob
11-05-2006, 11:40 PM
it plays similar to like the DDR style right? kinda like once the certain button appears on screen you gotta hit it, except it's on a guitar instead of pad on the ground? lol

Yeah, imagine air-guitaring along to Freebird but you're actually holding a guitar with fret buttons, a whammy bar, and a little pick button for strumming. Its a very addicting game.

Ran
11-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Comes out tomorrow! Hells yea!

Also, for those who have no idea what "Trogdor" is. Watch this vid.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail58.html

"TROGDOOOOOOORRR!!" :lmfao:

Tarzanman
11-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I already beat it on medium with my roommate on Friday. Played co-op with 2 groups of friends on Saturday and Sunday

ShooterMcGavin
11-06-2006, 11:06 AM
^^^how'd u get it early?

Sport1.3
11-06-2006, 11:28 AM
^^^how'd u get it early?

i call BS!...cuz i dont have it yet :no:

Tarzanman
11-06-2006, 01:22 PM
No BS, I have the game and so does a friend of mine. The Target in Kennessaw broke the street date last week. They sold a few copies on Thursday by accident. I also read a few posts by people around the country who got it at their local Wal-mart stores a few days early.

I'm not the only one to have gotten it early... there are a few people who claimed to have beaten it on expert already. I have played a few of the songs on expert and hard.

The two new multiplayer modes are fun (co-op and pro face off). The only problem with co-op is that the bass lines get pretty boring after you've played a couple of them.

My favorite songs at the moment is Monkeywrench (really tiring on your strumming hand because the entire song is 8th notes). I couldn't beat it on expert until I played through it two times in practice mode at a slower speed.

ShooterMcGavin
11-06-2006, 01:36 PM
lucky bastard, oh well, i'll have it soon enough :goodjob:

Ran
11-08-2006, 07:47 AM
This game is awesome. A lot harder than the first too. I got 73% thru Freebird on Hard and my hand cramped up. Good stuff! :goodjob:

Sport1.3
11-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Beat it through Medium...way better than the first... more metal=better

ORGANIZATIONXIII
11-08-2006, 09:14 AM
played it at work.. hotness....

sidenote: game release dates are different from movie release dates

there a no penalties whatsoever when letting games out a week/days out before its initial release date

I don't know why, but you can sell them

dvds, if you sell them before their release date, you can be PENALIZED

ShooterMcGavin
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
^^^pretty sure retailers still prohibit releasing games early. i know target does for one.

ShooterMcGavin
11-08-2006, 09:49 AM
This game is awesome. A lot harder than the first too. I got 73% thru Freebird on Hard and my hand cramped up. Good stuff! :goodjob:
damn, i'm only like through 4 or 5 sets on hard, my hand started to hurt too :D

Sport1.3
11-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Lamb of God on hard is fucking insane.....this version is definitly way harder than the 1st...though the Hammer ons and pull offs are much easier for some reason and using select for the star power instead of shaking it really works better for me

ORGANIZATIONXIII
11-08-2006, 10:04 AM
they might be "prohibited"

but their not penalized for leaking it out early

ShooterMcGavin
11-08-2006, 12:48 PM
^^^yeah well i don't expect anyone to send employees to the chopping block for doing it, just saying it's definitely frowned upon :D

ShooterMcGavin
11-08-2006, 12:49 PM
using select for the star power instead of shaking it really works better for me
didn't know that, but that'd only be cool if u can disable the shaking activation altogether, cuz i hate it when it activates it when i don't mean for it to.

Sport1.3
11-08-2006, 01:26 PM
didn't know that, but that'd only be cool if u can disable the shaking activation altogether, cuz i hate it when it activates it when i don't mean for it to.

see i have the opposite prob...i have to shake the shit outta the thing to get it to turn on and it always fucks me up....seriously on the first game i would violently thrash about to turn it on...or just say fuck it and not use it...now its sooo easy just to click select with the pick hand

Ran
11-08-2006, 01:37 PM
seriously on the first game i would violently thrash aboutTrue story. Fun to watch too.

Tarzanman
11-16-2006, 12:02 AM
go guitar hero 2! Here is my first attempt at a guitar hero animated gif.... I haven't added the notes to the frets yet, though

http://riftwave.net/misc/guitarheroanim1.gif

Hulud
11-16-2006, 12:06 AM
go guitar hero 2! Here is my first attempt at a guitar hero animated gif.... I haven't added the notes to the frets yet, though

http://riftwave.net/misc/guitarheroanim1.gif
some people need help.....

ORGANIZATIONXIII
11-16-2006, 08:06 AM
LIRL..

that shit is badass

Extrememustang
11-16-2006, 08:24 AM
They finnaly put nirvana in it

Ran
11-17-2006, 04:45 PM
They finnaly put nirvana in itHooray! Nothing like slow and droning music to get the blood pumping!

Nirvana is so overrated it's not even funny. Shotgun anyone?

Sport1.3
11-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Hooray! Nothing like slow and droning music to get the blood pumping!

Nirvana is so overrated it's not even funny. Shotgun anyone?

this coming from the guy thats own gf listens to harder music than him......i guess when you brain wash yourself with Japanese Anime sound tracks, everything else just seems overated http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/skeosh/ugh.gif

Ran
11-17-2006, 04:55 PM
this coming from the guy thats own gf listens to harder music than him......i guess when you brain wash yourself with Japanese Anime sound tracks, everything else just seems overated http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n46/skeosh/ugh.gifHave a nice walk home.

slideordie86
11-17-2006, 05:14 PM
yea i bought it the day it came out the songs on this one are alot better, im working on beating it on expert right now, i have a few more songs to go. but ive been playing guitar for about 4 years now so i have a lsight advantage. my mom even plays it.

GTScoob
12-05-2006, 01:37 PM
A history of guitar actually makes the game harder according to everyone I've seen. SPort20, you could hit select in the first one.

Finally borrowed it from a friend yesterday, my roommate beat the entire game on hard in 5 hours. Lotsa good metal in this one.

ShooterMcGavin
12-05-2006, 01:53 PM
5 hrs??? holy shit...hard wasn't that hard in my opinion, only song i had to play more than once was freebird (took the 3rd try to beat that one :P)

devinwebb907
12-05-2006, 02:31 PM
someone explain this to me please. i can play guitar, but how do you play this game. do the tabs show up on the screen and you play as it goes along, kinda like DDR? or what? dont call me an idiot, im not big on video games these days.

ShooterMcGavin
12-05-2006, 02:32 PM
yep, it's ddr w/your hands and a guitar.

candy2082002
12-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Yep so I love this game my Fiance got through freebird on his first try he rocks at this game. I am getting better, but not as good as him :(

ORGANIZATIONXIII
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
I wish I bought it a week ago at Toys R Us..

Guitar Hero 2
Guitar
extra guitar..
$99

for those who don't know.. theres a WIRELESS GUITAR for the game now.. called the axe or something.. its hot shit

ShooterMcGavin
12-05-2006, 05:17 PM
my friends got it, i'm not a big fan of it though, diff strokes for diff folks.