PDA

View Full Version : open callout

lightspeed
10-30-2006, 03:11 PM
OK, so I finally got time to do some tuning on my new car this weekend, and Im just about ready to find out how slow it is.
So, Im looking to see who wants to try some highway pulls. This is an open call-out to anyone who is willing. This includes slowhawk, ct9agsr, lt1ultraz, lankhoss, retro, b0ki, Andy with the lingenfelter c5 or whoever else. Id really like to try that black viper that Ive heard so much about too.
If youre only wanting dig runs, itll have to wait a couple weeks until I get some practice hooking the car now that its tuned and get some new tires. But itll be ready for that soon enough.
Anyway, PM me if youre interested.

hydroshutter
10-30-2006, 03:22 PM
What's it putting down power-wise?

Brick
10-30-2006, 05:00 PM
What kind of car is it?

GGPIS3
10-30-2006, 05:01 PM
dont think he knows... he just got the car and drive-tuned i believe... anyways.. im definitely not your huckleberry.

1insaneR
10-30-2006, 05:08 PM
supra

lightspeed
10-30-2006, 05:09 PM
dont think he knows... he just got the car and drive-tuned i believe... anyways.. im definitely not your huckleberry.
Correct, I only drive-tuned it. And this was my first time tuning on an AEM, so Im sure there is plenty of room for improvement. Its also still running relatively low boost. Im still curious to see how it runs against some quick stuff.
BTW, call Andy with the TT c5 and see if he's game.

WINDSOR
10-30-2006, 05:16 PM
i'll run ya in the old junker foxbody pump gas to pump gas to like 130 ;) ...probably going to bump the boost to 12 psi and do some dyno tuning later this week cause i'm going to make a few passes at the 3S day this sunday at SDR. Hope to run in the high 10s at 132 ish mph wise. You should bring the supra down and make a few passes...Lt1ultraZ is going as well.

hydroshutter
10-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Sounds pretty nice. So it's a big single? I'd like to take a look at it when you're out next time.

Incontt
10-30-2006, 05:30 PM
i'm going too conrad!!!

WINDSOR
10-30-2006, 05:38 PM
i'm going too conrad!!!

nice! I may have something for ya NOv 18th for the ford vs chevy thing! I may put some 100 octane in and run 15-16 psi and see if i can blow it up trying to run a low 10! I'm just going this sunday to play around since i haven't really ran at a dragstrip in like 3 years!

ct9a gsr
10-30-2006, 06:13 PM
hmmm... I might be down for some test 'n tune runs for fun... I also wanna get a general idea of where I stand at different boost levels... pump vs pump? Perhaps we'll meet up this weekend early on before other ppl gather.

You may be my 1st race in MONTHS... lol =D

Oh, and I also agree... call Andy out for some fun too.

Incontt
10-30-2006, 06:20 PM
i changed my catback and now my tune is WHACK...dunno what happened but it might be making mo powah...we will see after a few tuning runs this weekend and then ill let it rip

1insaneR
10-30-2006, 06:27 PM
i just put the tornado on my car and man you should feel the difference it feel just like aap supra (the old white one)(8 flats here i come)

lightspeed
10-30-2006, 06:30 PM
hmmm... I might be down for some test 'n tune runs for fun... I also wanna get a general idea of where I stand at different boost levels... pump vs pump? Perhaps we'll meet up this weekend early on before other ppl gather.
Yeah, these will all be pre-arranged offline. No rice.
You have methanol, so your "pump" isnt really "pump." I dont have meth yet. I might run you pump to pump, but Im un-plugging your meth controller ;)

windsor...thats fine. i dont mind loosing to a Ford. but you need to beat the datsun before you get a shot at the toyota :lmao:

incontt...please converse with windsor on PM's if it isnt on-topic here.

WINDSOR
10-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah, these will all be pre-arranged offline. No rice.
You have methanol, so your "pump" isnt really "pump." I dont have meth yet. I might run you pump to pump, but Im un-plugging your meth controller ;)

windsor...thats fine. i dont mind loosing to a Ford. but you need to beat the datsun before you get a shot at the toyota :lmao:

incontt...please converse with windsor on PM's if it isnt on-topic here.

bah datsuns are boring! I just like racing supras! just need freakin warmer racing conditions to get any traction! spinning is winning right? :)

ct9a gsr
10-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Meh... consider the methanol a compensation for my lack of cylinders, displacement, wheel diameter, etc. =D

Besides... thought this was just for fun and test 'n tune... not neccessarily throwing our dicks out there in the open to compare... (yet?, lol).

2.3 Evo 8
10-30-2006, 08:19 PM
I might be down for this weekend. I'll let you know lightspeed.

lightspeed
10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
bah datsuns are boring! I just like racing supras! just need freakin warmer racing conditions to get any traction! spinning is winning right? :)
Nope, spinning isnt winning. I suggest you bring some slicks then ;)
Actually, the 240 is probably faster than the new car, so it should be a good run.

Meh... consider the methanol a compensation for my lack of cylinders, displacement, wheel diameter, etc. =D
Oh yeah...OUCH! I must have just hit my head when I fell out of the turnip truck. That makes perfect sense... :crazy:

Besides... thought this was just for fun and test 'n tune... not neccessarily throwing our dicks out there in the open to compare... (yet?, lol).
LOL, I think we all know that there is actually very little "friendly" competition...even amongst friends. Yes its for fun, but you can run much closer to your peak potential than I can if youre on pump and methanol vs me on pump. We need to at least make it fair. I wont be running anywhere close to as much boost as the car has run in th past.

WINDSOR
10-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Nope, spinning isnt winning. I suggest you bring some slicks then ;)
Actually, the 240 is probably faster than the new car, so it should be a good run.

Oh yeah...OUCH! I must have just hit my head when I fell out of the turnip truck. That makes perfect sense... :crazy:

LOL, I think we all know that there is actually very little "friendly" competition...even amongst friends. Yes its for fun, but you can run much closer to your peak potential than I can if youre on pump and methanol vs me on pump. We need to at least make it fair. I wont be running anywhere close to as much boost as the car has run in th past.

oh i have slicks but it sucks to drive on them on the street...I guess i could change them in the parking lot or something :D Hell,we used to do that when Barry was out street racing his old twin turbo lx. maybe clark will let me borrow those Rx7 wheels he has with M/t drag radials on them?

How much bewst have you tuned the supra at now?

lightspeed
10-30-2006, 09:33 PM
maybe clark will let me borrow those Rx7 wheels he has with M/t drag radials on them?

the only problem is that I was already planning to borrow his wheels/tires for my car that night ;)

do you have 5 lug hubs and anywhere close to the proper offset for those anyway?

Lets take this to PM's. I dont want this thread to get too chatty.

Im still waiting to hear from the white turbo firehawk and the black viper rt10 also. And the polish wonder LOL I need a rematch there.

Init2winit
10-30-2006, 10:50 PM
What exactly is going on sunday? The website is rather vague on the subject. It is just import stuff, or what?

LT1UltraZ
10-30-2006, 10:55 PM
i should be down for saturday :goodjob:
but i think you are sandbagin tellin us the supra might be slower then the datsun :screwy: :crazy:

Maniaç
10-30-2006, 11:06 PM
This should be good

slowhawk01
10-30-2006, 11:38 PM
i should be down for saturday :goodjob:
but i think you are sandbagin tellin us the supra might be slower then the datsun :screwy: :crazy:

Goodluck with that race:goodjob:

hydroshutter
10-31-2006, 08:15 AM
I'll probably ride through with my new car if you guys are getting together this weekend.

lightspeed
10-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Goodluck with that race:goodjob:
arent you going to get in on this? i was hoping to finally see your car run in person.

hydroshutter
10-31-2006, 10:10 AM
I want to just hear it spool up :)

Tank
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
hmmmmm wish i could join :( :doh: :cry:

lightspeed
10-31-2006, 04:48 PM
I'll probably ride through with my new car if you guys are getting together this weekend.
yeah, bring the roflcopter by... :lmao:
you comin ta run? what'n kinda new car did ya get? One-a dem Sayleen Camaras? bring yer buddy wid dat fancy corvette zee-oh-6 too!

hydroshutter
10-31-2006, 07:48 PM
yeah, bring the roflcopter by... :lmao:
you comin ta run? what'n kinda new car did ya get? One-a dem Sayleen Camaras? bring yer buddy wid dat fancy corvette zee-oh-6 too!

My new car isn't fast yet, but will be in time. Give me a little while :)

I'll tell Brad about the meet; I'm sure he'll see this.

Big Baller
10-31-2006, 10:11 PM
PM me Ill bring out my turbo foxbody, Its at prospeed being tuned right now, so if its done I'm down.

Matt

lightspeed
10-31-2006, 10:37 PM
PM me Ill bring out my turbo foxbody, Its at prospeed being tuned right now, so if its done I'm down.
Matt
Excellent, the more the merrier.
It looks like its going to be Saturday at this point. Ill send you a PM when we have it arranged. Ive gotten a few other responses offline, so it might be cool.

TIGERJC
10-31-2006, 11:54 PM
well if u want somebody to film it, let me know. Damn I wish I had a fast car

b0ki
11-01-2006, 01:39 AM
I am down for this.... i will run on low boost :P

2.3 Evo 8
11-02-2006, 04:31 PM
^^^You don't have a turbo to run low boost you crazy russian!

Don't tell me you bought one of them interfoolers?

SpeedMonkey
11-02-2006, 04:47 PM

he bought an Ebay Turbo kit.

b0ki
11-02-2006, 05:39 PM

// :lmfao: :D U know my car is slow man.... but when u see the frontmont on it then is time to worry :P :flash:

lightspeed
11-02-2006, 05:46 PM
v[]onkey']he bought an Ebay Turbo kit.
hey now, watch it... nothing wrong with ebay turbo kits. thats where I got the t25 single kit I put on my car.

I hope it does finally get fast with a turbo. Its about time someone in Atlanta had a fast BMW :doh: :lmfao:

b0ki
11-02-2006, 07:07 PM
hey now, watch it... nothing wrong with ebay turbo kits. thats where I got the t25 single kit I put on my car.

I hope it does finally get fast with a turbo. Its about time someone in Atlanta had a fast BMW :doh: :lmfao:

My BMW is not fest :o Only if u 8xx RWHP... call fest :p

Nyteryder
11-02-2006, 11:29 PM
My BMW is not fest :o Only if u 8xx RWHP... call fest :p

^^^Was that english^^^

lightspeed
11-02-2006, 11:34 PM
^^^Was that english^^^
LOL, I was about to ask the same thing.

Me tinks Boriz forgeta-de inglisz when he gets fruztrahted.

b0ki
11-03-2006, 12:00 AM
LOL, I was about to ask the same thing.

Me tinks Boriz forgeta-de inglisz when he gets fruztrahted.

hehee U will get it dont worry :lmfao:

2.3 Evo 8
11-03-2006, 01:04 AM
Boris speaks engrussian.

Boris, PM me with the size of the turbo your putting on and supporting mods.

hydroshutter
11-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Boris, I've got to to see that thing when it's done!

lightspeed
11-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Im hoping everyone is still game for tonight.
Ill PM when I get home later tonight to finalize location.
If anyone cant make it, let us know in PM.
Im thinking we should meet up at and "undisclosed" location prior to any other meets and get this done. No followers...
Im thinking 12:30-1'ish.

WickedIXMR
11-04-2006, 03:50 PM
^^ man your car sounds like a beast when u left the other night.

GGPIS3
11-04-2006, 04:36 PM

lol.. are u serious?? a beast and a t25 turbo cannot go in the same sentence. :lmfao:

WickedIXMR
11-04-2006, 04:38 PM
okok fine it sounded more like a honda..

2.3 Evo 8
11-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Exhaust leak = car sounding like a beast

lightspeed
11-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks. It amazing how mean a t25 with a ported turbine housing can sound at 15 psi!

WINDSOR
11-04-2006, 06:28 PM
who has a T25?

Annihilation
11-04-2006, 07:24 PM
ummm damn if yall do it next weekends...pm me

soul
11-04-2006, 09:01 PM
damn some pm me directions time location.

Just got this new car and want to see what it can do.....

lightspeed
11-05-2006, 02:48 PM
To the guys who showed up late and had some fun...I enjoyed some good runs. :goodjob:

To the wieners who pussied out even after previously agreeing to coming out...oh well, your loss I guess. I would have been scared, too. :doh:

We'll try to do it again sometime. Hopefully people can actually commit to it that time.

soul
11-05-2006, 03:39 PM
next time inform a nigga damn

i know some people want to whoop a stangs ass lol

hydroshutter
11-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Soul, is your Saleen naturally aspirated or the SC, supercharged version?

Maniaç
11-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Yo lightspeed last night was crazy!!! Your car is bad ass man.

2.3 Evo 8
11-05-2006, 04:26 PM
To the guys who showed up late and had some fun...I enjoyed some good runs. :goodjob:

To the wieners who pussied out even after previously agreeing to coming out...oh well, your loss I guess. I would have been scared, too. :doh:

We'll try to do it again sometime. Hopefully people can actually commit to it that time.

I'm never scared as you seen last night. :cheers: :bump:

lightspeed
11-05-2006, 05:04 PM
i know some people want to whoop a stangs ass lol
you got that right :)
like I said in the beginning...people needed to PM me for location, etc.

Yo lightspeed last night was crazy!!! Your car is bad ass man.
thanks. i was running a little more boost than normal. t25 @ 20 psi FTW!!!

I'm never scared as you seen last night. :cheers: :bump:
of course not, you actually showed up...unlike some folks ;)

2.3 Evo 8
11-05-2006, 05:12 PM
^^^My slave cylinder went out on my car after our races. I had to rev match to get home. Clutch pedal was stuck to the floor.

shortysm22
11-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I had fun and it was very cold

lightspeed
11-05-2006, 05:26 PM
^^^My slave cylinder went out on my car after our races. I had to rev match to get home. Clutch pedal was stuck to the floor.
thats what you get for buying a shitsubishi :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
j/k

benwaballs
11-05-2006, 06:11 PM
shitsubishi

:lmfao: :lmfao:

LT1UltraZ
11-05-2006, 06:38 PM
so how did the runs turn out..some one pm me the details :thinking: