PDA

View Full Version : LS2 carb'd??

Sammich
10-30-2006, 10:01 AM
i was watching muscle cars on spike tv sunday morning and i see they have a LS2 thats carb'd anybody have any info as to where to get one of these

99SI
10-30-2006, 10:45 AM
GM performance parts sells an intake manifold that accepts a carbuerator. That's really all there is to it. Of course a few other small things, but you don't have to have the computer for fuel or anything. Check GMPP tho.

Sammich
10-30-2006, 10:47 AM
GM performance parts sells an intake manifold that accepts a carbuerator. That's really all there is to it. Of course a few other small things, but you don't have to have the computer for fuel or anything. Check GMPP tho.

yea thats why im interested in it. i just chked ebay...joint was like 8500 not including the tranny

PBS=broke as a joke

99SI
10-30-2006, 10:53 AM
yeah if you are just going to use it as a race type application or something along the lines of your truck and aren't going to use the factory gauges or anything like that you wouldn't really need a computer at all. You would have to have something to drive the ignition to the individual coils, but that's not hard. Pretty much plug and play once you get it in the chassis. Don't feel bad, I'm broke as shit too. But I'm broke as shit because my car is almost finished! :D

Sammich
10-30-2006, 10:54 AM
yeah if you are just going to use it as a race type application or something along the lines of your truck and aren't going to use the factory gauges or anything like that you wouldn't really need a computer at all. You would have to have something to drive the ignition to the individual coils, but that's not hard. Pretty much plug and play once you get it in the chassis. Don't feel bad, I'm broke as shit too. But I'm broke as shit because my car is almost finished! :D

thats the category i wish i was in lol

but yea..ive been running along the lines of a 7mgte swap, but i saw that, and i bout flip...the one i saw on ebay was 500hp str8 outa the box

99SI
10-30-2006, 10:57 AM
yeah it's tough, the manifold is the big thing. Plus the atomization of the carbeurator is better when you have good airflow. I saw a test where the GMPP manifold, a demon carbeurator, and a light cam made around 550 bhp. There is no doubt it's tough.

Sammich
10-30-2006, 10:58 AM
the one i saw on ebay had the demon carb..im not sure of the mani or what cam was used, but everything is built in that bad boy

allmotoronly
10-30-2006, 05:30 PM
go with this one... you have to use a standard ignition system as well, which makes it easier to swap into non EFI cars...
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/0508ch_chevrolet_ls1_carburetor_power_increase/

sebastianHoff
10-30-2006, 07:14 PM
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MSD%2D6010&N=700+4294925143+115&autoview=sku

HiPSI
10-30-2006, 07:22 PM
just do an older SBC motor and spend less making more power if that's what you're going for. they are far far cheaper to upgrade than an LSx motor and cost less to begin with.