PDA

View Full Version : Guage Install Question

twkg
10-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Actually, there are two gauges I have questions about. I have an Autometer Ultra-Lite Water Temp. gauge that I have no idea how to hook up. Anybody have some sort of write up? I've tried google, but found nothing.

Also, I have an Ultra-Lite Air/Fuel gauge. Last time I hooked one of these up, I ran it directly from the o2. Is there any other way of wiring this up because I couldn't stand where it was.

Gauge installs are for a 2001 Honda Prelude. Both gauges are also mostly cosmetic...I'm not running any type of forced induction.........yet.

Thanks for any help!
-Justin

§treet_§peed
10-26-2006, 07:29 PM
hmm try www.honda-tech.com i hooked up a Faze air/fuel in my 96 civic..but i relly ain't that great at giving install direction, i'm better at showing lol...

EmminoDaGreat
10-26-2006, 10:16 PM
You can find the pin out on your ecu, and hook the a/f up that way, and for the water temp there should be a bleeder screw in the thermostat housing, which you could take out and stick the fitting in there so it can read...just check out honda-tech to find out what pin is what...

Z U L8R
10-26-2006, 10:47 PM
a/f guages w/o wideband on stock motors with no tunability to adjust anything are ricey christmas lights =[

twkg
10-27-2006, 03:18 PM
a/f guages w/o wideband on stock motors with no tunability to adjust anything are ricey christmas lights =[

:lmfao: It's only stock for a while. I'm in the saving process.

Spyder
10-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Exactly right.

You are putting in a gauge to just take up a slot and look "cool" you may as well get an autometer analog clock :rolleyes:

Z U L8R
10-31-2006, 05:31 PM
sorry...i'm just anti a/f gauge at all, for 1 it's not accuracte unless it's wideband, 2 unless i have a way to log my readings i'd have to tune while driving cause i don't have a dyno in my garage, 3 even if i did have a way to pull up the ratios at the specific rpm ranges as soon as i tuned it out i'd take it out so i wouldn't see lights flickering every time i touched the throttle. i hate mounted a/f guages for the record

Turbodude06
10-31-2006, 06:39 PM
but they do look cool...

JDMBeau
10-31-2006, 07:30 PM
for the watertemp this is what i did

i went to honda and ordered a new housing with a hole for some sensor, and i took a fitting in there, and then i took the sensor with the gauge and put it in that fitting. looked OEM. then ran the wire

for the air/fuel i THINK its A-10 on the ECU, you might wanna check H-T out tho

good luck man, lude is really coming along/