PDA

View Full Version : Complicated CD player install

RandomGuy
06-01-2005, 04:26 PM
I am trying to install a cd player into my '83 Starion (chrysler conquest)
I have looked everywhere for the hardware kits to help the player fit, its impossible. I am trying to find a wire harness also. I have no clue what to do. Can anyone give any tips or any type of help in this situation. Thanks

Spyder
06-01-2005, 04:31 PM
the starion isnt hard to put a stereo in, all you need is a DIN sized pocket and a wiring harness. goto any compitant store and tell them what you have and they will hand you a harness. if you cant manage to do it like that youll have to hard wire it in , youll need a multi meter and a battery, or tone generator. also pretty simple. good luck :)

RandomGuy
06-01-2005, 05:23 PM
the starion isnt hard to put a stereo in, all you need is a DIN sized pocket and a wiring harness. goto any compitant store and tell them what you have and they will hand you a harness. if you cant manage to do it like that youll have to hard wire it in , youll need a multi meter and a battery, or tone generator. also pretty simple. good luck :)
damn that is what i was afraid of. I REALLY dindt want to do it myself... I really wanted a harness. I cant find a harness anywhere... not online, not anywhere :( If someone can find one that would be awesome. The dash kit is easy to find though... may even be able to get it at walmart or somethin.

chuck
06-01-2005, 05:39 PM
damn that is what i was afraid of. I REALLY dindt want to do it myself... I really wanted a harness. I cant find a harness anywhere... not online, not anywhere :( If someone can find one that would be awesome. The dash kit is easy to find though... may even be able to get it at walmart or somethin.
i'll do it for you if you can't find the harness...is there something in there already at least??

rotorho
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
its not that hard to do it to test the wires. get a multimeter see which ones are hot when the car is off that will usually be your yellow wire on your headunit. and when the car is switched on and you find the 12v that is your red. and find a good ground spot for the black wire. to test the speakers find a flat 9v battery to test for the speakers when the postive wire from the battery is on the positive side of the speaker and the negative is negative the speaker should pop outward if you have it backward then it the wrong way around to find the right phasing. its really not that hard. Or you could have me do it?

Spyder
06-01-2005, 05:51 PM
i dont recommend using a 9v battery especially in a 22 year old car , but thats just me, the rest is correct :)

rotorho
06-01-2005, 05:58 PM
a flat 9v and dont hold it on there just tap it sorry my bad

Spyder
06-01-2005, 05:59 PM
i just use a 1.5 AA because it doesnt make the old ass speakers jump so much :)

5thgcelica
06-01-2005, 11:18 PM
i did my celica hardwired. had to. dumbass before me clipped the connectors.
i just grabbed my haynes book and looked at the wireing schematic. took about 30 min.

A.P. Photography
06-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Will this work? Says 83 Starion

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/70-1692.html

civic95
06-02-2005, 12:53 PM
If it had a stock radio look on the bottom of it. A lot of chryslers have a sticker indicating what each wire is on the bottom.

Spyder
06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Will this work? Says 83 Starion

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/70-1692.html

it should.

RandomGuy
06-02-2005, 11:37 PM
damn yall are awesome... i called up hifi buys and it seemed that they had it. Its a good drive up but worth it. They have it for 19.99 I will most likely get that sometime tomorow. Thanks alot all posters.