PDA

View Full Version : ACL surgery?

scabtastic
10-26-2006, 09:32 AM
I had my ACL surgery 2 days ago and i finally have enough strength to get on the computer...being in bed for so long really sucks, Im always hooked up to at least one thing. The doctors think i can go back to school next week but i can't do it. I have such a hard time getting from a room to the bathroomwhich is like 12 feet away...i dunno ill just have to work through it..anyone else in here have ACL surgery?

HalfBaked
10-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Hahaha sucks to be you.

I sprained my MCL and partially tore my ACL earlier this month.

No surgery for me though.

AlliRae
10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
my bf tore one last summer and his other one this year... he said the first surgery hurt like hell but it got a bit better.... and he doesn't really want the 2nd one.

scabtastic
10-26-2006, 01:01 PM
yeah laying in bed is fine...its just when i have to get up to go to the bathroom...and slide my leg off the bed...my leg just gets so heavy i almost have to drag it on the ground.

SixSquared
10-26-2006, 01:05 PM
I completely tore my ACL and MCL, my kneecap was detached and shattered, and I had extensive tendon damage, and a 30% sever in my achilles tendon as a result of a horseback riding accident when I was 9

to this day, it's a bitch.

scabtastic
10-26-2006, 01:05 PM
HalfBaked- how did you mess yours up?
gsrchick- how did your boyfriend tear his?

I did mine at lacrosse practice...me and this guy were running for the ball and our legs got intertwined (sp) with eachother and my knee hyper extended...

and its my senior year of highschool and im out for the season which sucks.

scabtastic
10-26-2006, 01:06 PM
damn emily that blows...the had to screw the cartlidge back my tibia..

HalfBaked
10-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Playing football.

I cut real fast, then cut back real fast and my legs went out from under me,.

SixSquared
10-26-2006, 01:09 PM
yeah they did a little of that, a little grafting... and my right kneecap is courtesy of some dead guy. Kinda creeps me out to this day. I wish they woulda used plastic, but apparently dead guy kneecap was easier to come across, and it was also 12 years ago, so I don't know what my prosthetic options would have been.

scabtastic
10-26-2006, 01:14 PM
they took out some of my hamstrings on my inner thigh to tie my ACL back together...the IV was a bitch...she blew up on of my veins and tried to put it in the same hand...but i told her to put it in my other hand...then i got an IV in my back...(i think) i got something in my back....then i woke up..i remeber peeing in a cup...and i guess i pissed on my dad too...and tried to roll out of the place in the wheelchair by myself...funy story i guess.