PDA

View Full Version : IA Question???

dejavu
10-26-2006, 07:42 AM
Real IA Annoucement...

For some reason my thread for a charity car show event was deleted. I had no idea where it went. So I looked around and to no avail decided to email the admin about the problem...

Here is the response I got...

sorry it got deleted b/c its the same day as our event; if it was any other day it wouldn't of been a problem. :goodjob:

This is a load of crap... I didn't know IA needed this kind of exposure to cancel out all other shows posted on the same day as theirs. Pussies...especially because this was a charity event for a church...

Are you just desperate for attendees? Cause I could care less how many people decided to show up at your show over mine. Everyone needs to have their own opinion about what show they want to attend...but apparently IA is so biased they can't allow any other shows on the same day as theres...

I hope the best for your Drift Fury show.

I am out...Screw IA

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 07:43 AM
ia holds events that help teh site stay running, so since it is a event for the site, why should we make your charity show priority? you contribute nothing to the site, but u want to use it to gain exposure and make moeny for your "charity" ???

id rather go to ia one anyway, we should maek a poll

if u dont care how many attendes u get, why post on ia?

dejavu
10-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah, but why delete the post...
Shouldn't people have a choice in what show they want to attend...
Right now I could care less what the IA show was for...
As I said, I still don't care how many people show up to IA's show over mine...it's just the point that they deleted it because it was on the same day...

I do care how many attendees come to the show...but I am not telling people that they should come to mine over IA...just that if they would rather go to another show...there's more out there than just IA...

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 07:47 AM
Yeah, but why delete the post...
Shouldn't people have a choice in what show they want to attend...
Right now I could care less what the IA show was for...
As I said, I still don't care how many people show up to IA's show over mine...it's just the point that they deleted it because it was on the same day...
they have that right, if any event wwill help the site stay running why not only have it available, ..for instance

ok, we have no events..site can stay open for u to post ur shows

gotta look out for site above all else, everyone loves it here.

Nemesis
10-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Paul is racise.

R.Kelly
10-26-2006, 07:57 AM
everyone loves it here.

yea its the only thing that keeps me distracted from school :goodjob:

dejavu
10-26-2006, 07:57 AM
they have that right, if any event wwill help the site stay running why not only have it available, ..for instance

ok, we have no events..site can stay open for u to post ur shows

Agreed. I understand that they need this show to keep the site running. I am not trying to say that they don't need any shows.

gotta look out for site above all else, everyone loves it here.

Also agreed. I liked this site alot, until this morning when I checked my messages.

IA can look out for itself all it wants, but what's the point of having an events, shows, meets section if all other shows will be canceled out for an IA Show.

I just wanted to get the word out about a small benefit show up my way, but as it appears...IA must be struggling because they deleted my show so that more people would attend theirs. As far as I am concerned that is pitiful...I would have expected so much more out of IA...

But as I said above...I wish them the best with their show...

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 08:00 AM
u say all other shows as if ia holds shows every day, do a search for ia shows, vs others i bet the fraction is around 1/9

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Agreed. I understand that they need this show to keep the site running. I am not trying to say that they don't need any shows.

Also agreed. I liked this site alot, until this morning when I checked my messages.

IA can look out for itself all it wants, but what's the point of having an events, shows, meets section if all other shows will be canceled out for an IA Show.

I just wanted to get the word out about a small benefit show up my way, but as it appears...IA must be struggling because they deleted my show so that more people would attend theirs. As far as I am concerned that is pitiful...I would have expected so much more out of IA...

But as I said above...I wish them the best with their show...
if this was a big problem we would hear more about it, but it doesnt happen much. and the show for the site ws posted first.

dejavu
10-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Let me rephrase that for you because you must be pretty slow...

Why would there be a section to post up local shows if IA is going to delete any show that's on the same day. I could care less how many shows IA has, but the fact is there will be many more shows on the same day. Why not try to hide them from the other members of IA as well.

Really I could care less that they deleted my show from the forums. As stated above...If IA needs to shun all other shows on that day on their forum to get more attendees to pay for their site...more power to them.

I just wanted to make sure everyone on here knows what happened because I think it is really pitiful that they have to stoop that low to get more people to come to their shows...

dejavu
10-26-2006, 08:07 AM
And I beg to differ...I posted my show 2 weeks before Tracy posted the IA Drift Fury Show...

Ask carbongs or Brett who said they would head to my show before someone came on their and said that drift fury was on the same day

better get your story straight before posting...

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Let me rephrase that for you because you must be pretty slow...

Why would there be a section to post up local shows if IA is going to delete any show that's on the same day. I could care less how many shows IA has, but the fact is there will be many more shows on the same day. Why not try to hide them from the other members of IA as well.

Really I could care less that they deleted my show from the forums. As stated above...If IA needs to shun all other shows on that day on their forum to get more attendees to pay for their site...more power to them.
I just wanted to make sure everyone on here knows what happened because I think it is really pitiful that they have to stoop that low to get more people to come to their shows...i was being nice, but ok.

IF U COULD CARE LESS, THEN SAY "MORE POWER TO YOU IA, AND GET THE FUCK OUT, OBVIOUSLY ITS NOT CHANGING SO YOUR CAUSE IS WORTHLESS.

Nemesis
10-26-2006, 08:10 AM
I can understand your frustrations and yet I can see the Administrators side of it all.

The one thing you have to remember is, this is their forum, this is a FREE forum, you are allowed to post freely, but if they feel like getting rid of something, that is THEIR CHOICE. Paul and Julio maintain and provide this forum for each and every person and out of their pockets, yet ask nothing from us. If you became a site sponsor Im sure they wouldnt care because you're contributing to the forum and thus be able to promote your show.

dejavu
10-26-2006, 08:10 AM
You must be really really slow...

I just wanted to make sure everyone on here knows what happened because I think it is really pitiful that they [IA] have to stoop that low to get more people to come to their shows...

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 08:12 AM
You must be really really slow...

OK ILL MAKE A MEMO AND TELL EVERYONE, NOW CAN U GET THE FUCK OUT?

dejavu
10-26-2006, 08:13 AM
I can understand your frustrations and yet I can see the Administrators side of it all.

The one thing you have to remember is, this is their forum, this is a FREE forum, you are allowed to post freely, but if they feel like getting rid of something, that is THEIR CHOICE. Paul and Julio maintain and provide this forum for each and every person and out of their pockets, yet ask nothing from us. If you became a site sponsor Im sure they wouldnt care because you're contributing to the forum and thus be able to promote your show.

Understood. I am not here to put IA down for wanting to support their site, but I putting them down for having a "free forum" that is open to the public but for what I have say and how people take it can be 2 different things.

TeeJay
10-26-2006, 08:13 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/timbo1380/MaxHeadroomFuckYourself.jpg

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Understood. I am not here to put IA down for wanting to support their site, but I putting them down for having a "free forum" that is open to the public but for what I have say and how people take it can be 2 different things.
IF U DONT LIKE THE WAY THIS SITE IS RAN, LEAVE, MAKE YOUR OWN SITE, AND HOST YOUR SHOWS AT IT.

dejavu
10-26-2006, 08:17 AM
You know what...

SCREW IT...

This post, Halfwit, and ImportAtlanta.com

I am out...

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 08:18 AM
You know what...

SCREW IT...

I am out...
WOOOHAH PARTY UP IN HERE NOW GUYS

:bigdance: :bigdance: :dj: :iaowns: :iaowns: :drunk: :fruit: :dj: :iaowns: :bigdance:

TeeJay
10-26-2006, 08:18 AM
You know what...

SCREW IT...

I am out...
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/timbo1380/yes.gif

AtifSajid
10-26-2006, 08:19 AM
IF U DONT LIKE THE WAY THIS SITE IS RAN, LEAVE, MAKE YOUR OWN SITE, AND HOST YOUR SHOWS AT IT.

Thank you for saying that...now listen to him and GET THE FUCK OUT!

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 08:19 AM
~~ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST~~ ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST~~ AND ANOTHER ONE GONE AND ANOTHER ONE GONE ,AND ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!!!!!AHHHH!!

INSERT THAT SONG HERE.

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 08:20 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/timbo1380/yes.gif
my thoughts exactly

The Ren
10-26-2006, 09:22 AM
As has been said before but I will say it again... as a moderator of this site.. Even though Tracy's post of drift fury 4 was just posted... the date has been set since the begining of the yeart.. her post was just to re-inform anyone who may have forgotten the exact date.. Any show that is posted on the same day as an IA show and is not a site sponsor, is up to paul and julio if it gets deleted.. As has been said as well.. its a free site to post anything you want on.. and to continue to keep this site going, Paul and Julio have the right to make as much hype of their show as they want.. there are PLENTY of other sites you can post you show information on.. that alot of the IA people will see.. but again this is Importatlanta and they will make sure everyone sees the Importatlanta show first and foremost.. period end of discussion..

B16a2 Civic
10-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Lol, whatta lame

Halfwit
10-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Lol, whatta lame
WOOHAH!! B16A2 CIVIC FTW!!!! DAWG

Brett
10-26-2006, 10:25 AM
IA must be struggling...

That is the funniest shit I have read all week. This site is far from struggling

Tracy
10-26-2006, 11:48 AM
And I beg to differ...I posted my show 2 weeks before Tracy posted the IA Drift Fury Show...

Ask carbongs or Brett who said they would head to my show before someone came on their and said that drift fury was on the same day

better get your story straight before posting...

I'm not being mean when I say this, hun but.....

Our date has been out since SEMA last year (all 4 of them. I will attach the flyer that we have been using all year and I'm sure you ahve seen). Registration just opened again on the 18th. I always re-open reg 30 days before the event. Also if you ever went to www.driftfury.com you would see that all of the dates are always on there.