PDA

View Full Version : WTF, can ebay do this?????

TeeJay
10-25-2006, 04:04 PM
ok so recently i had a cell phone on ebay, the auction would have probably ended for around $200 had a legitimate buyer won the auction, but some nigerian scam artist bid $810 at the last second to win the auction. obviously they didnt pay, i kept getting fake emails telling me to ship to nigeria, blah blah blah, so since the auction ended at such a high price my final vlaue fees were like 40 bucks, so i never paid them and filed an unpaid item dispute with ebay, which takes like 14 days and its only been like 7 since i filed it. but today i check my account and ebay had taken the final value fee from my bank account without my authorization, and then i get an email from ebay saying basically that someone had hacked into the winning bidders account and won the auction without his consent, so they cannot refund my fees since its not the bidders fault....WTF, its not my fault either, why should i have to pay?? my item didnt sell and i had to pay 40 bucks for something that didnt sell. is ebay really allowed to...A. take money out of my account without my consent?? B. make me pay fees that i shouldnt pay just because someone elses account was fucked up?? i think ebay should take responsibility for their members account security and pay the fuck up. :no: :screwy: /rant.

~The_Duke~
10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Dude I would call them up again and complain cas that isnt right...

Julio
10-25-2006, 04:09 PM
damn... highway robbery..

TeeJay
10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Dude I would call them up again and complain cas that isnt right...
ebay has a phone #?? i never knew, i cant find it on their site :thinking:

~The_Duke~
10-25-2006, 04:11 PM
I have never bought or sold anything on ebay...I am sure they have a customer service something somewhere wither it be email or by phone...

TeeJay
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
I have never bought or sold anything on ebay...I am sure they have a customer service something somewhere wither it be email or by phone...
yea the email thing doesnt really accomplish too much lol

TeeJay
10-25-2006, 04:14 PM
they removed the listing from their database so they refunded my listing fees but they refuse to give me my final value fees, whatta crock, im done with ebay

~The_Duke~
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I found a number for fraud having to do with ebay, but it says that is only for police...you could try to call that number and see if they can send you some where else...

TeeJay
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
I found a number for fraud having to do with ebay, but it says that is only for police...you could try to call that number and see if they can send you some where else...
yeah ill try it, whats the ##?

~The_Duke~
10-25-2006, 04:19 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/law_enforcement.html

There are 2 numbers there I dont know if either one of them will let you talk to a person though...

con
10-25-2006, 04:20 PM
damn, I ebay a lot and had this happen to me only once. ebay eventually refunded the auction close fees but not the initial listing fees. bastards.....

TeeJay
10-25-2006, 04:21 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/law_enforcement.html

There are 2 numbers there I dont know if either one of them will let you talk to a person though...
thanks man, ill call when i get home, +1 for the help :goodjob:

~The_Duke~
10-25-2006, 04:22 PM
thanks man, ill call when i get home, +1 for the help :goodjob:

If that doesnt work I'll have to call my brother to see if he knows anything about that, cas he has an ebay business set up and everything...

TeeJay
10-25-2006, 04:24 PM
If that doesnt work I'll have to call my brother to see if he knows anything about that, cas he has an ebay business set up and everything...
yea my coworker here has an ebay store selling body jewelry, but even he doesnt know what to do lol

~The_Duke~
10-25-2006, 04:26 PM
yea my coworker here has an ebay store selling body jewelry, but even he doesnt know what to do lol

Life would be boring as hell if you knew someone that knew how to fix werid ass problems, and then there wouldnt be a market for shitty automated phone systems...

TeeJay
10-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (3 members and 0 guests)
TeeJay, The Golden Child, Mr. Nemesis

are you two cybersexing in my thread?? get outta here!!

The Golden Child
10-25-2006, 05:07 PM
i was busy with Aisha my fault ..

daym that sucks for you bro id be cursing the shit out of them ..

speedminded
10-25-2006, 05:45 PM
I've talked to the Fraud department at eBay before....and yeah that number wasn't exactly the easiest to get but this doesn't exactly fall under fraud, i would spam them with demands to refund.

Type-R
10-26-2006, 12:44 AM
I've never paid for my eBay fees LOL, They send me 1 email reminding me to pay and I never have and never will.

speedminded
10-26-2006, 10:48 AM
I've never paid for my eBay fees LOL, They send me 1 email reminding me to pay and I never have and never will.They'll just automatically charge it then ;) They do mine every month.

TeeJay
10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
They'll just automatically charge it then ;) They do mine every month.
yea i never knew they could do that, theyve never done it to me before

AtifSajid
10-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Ive never had a problem with ebay not giving my FVF fees back. I have to do it like 2 X a week. You wont get your post up fees though. And how they already take your money out is kinda weird. They usually send you a bill on a monthly basis unless you have given them permission to go to your bank account or paypal account, then thats your fault.

TeeJay
10-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Ive never had a problem with ebay not giving my FVF fees back. I have to do it like 2 X a week. You wont get your post up fees though. And how they already take your money out is kinda weird. They usually send you a bill on a monthly basis unless you have given them permission to go to your bank account or paypal account, then thats your fault.
nah i havent given them permission to do SHIT lol, thats whats weird about it...and also the fact that they refunded my listing fees :thinking:

StupidBikerBoy
10-27-2006, 03:33 AM
When you sign up for a sellers account you give them permission to pull what you owe from your account. Its in the agreement.

Hektik
10-27-2006, 03:39 AM
call a lawyer

TeeJay
10-27-2006, 09:25 AM
When you sign up for a sellers account you give them permission to pull what you owe from your account. Its in the agreement.
ORLY?? thats what i get for not reading the rules lol, whatta noob i am

brads94accord
10-27-2006, 09:38 AM
you probably wanna read through your listing agreement because companies for the most part dont just charge fees for no reason. usually its in the fine print somewhere that you didn't read. its not their fault you didn't read it either. that is a legal document and you "agreed" to. I would do all of you homework before you call them and talk to someone otherwise you are going look stupid when they say (for example) read "section II.A paragraph 2 or something like that.

TeeJay
10-27-2006, 09:46 AM
you probably wanna read through your listing agreement because companies for the most part dont just charge fees for no reason. usually its in the fine print somewhere that you didn't read. its not their fault you didn't read it either. that is a legal document and you "agreed" to. I would do all of you homework before you call them and talk to someone otherwise you are going look stupid when they say (for example) read "section II.A paragraph 2 or something like that.
oh i know that they charge fees, thats always lol, but all these years of using ebay, theyve never taken them outta my account without me paying them first, other ppl in this thread have said the same thing. my boy at work has an ebay store and he never pays his fees, he lets em stack up and they never deduct from his account

brads94accord
10-27-2006, 10:40 AM
oh i know that they charge fees, thats always lol, but all these years of using ebay, theyve never taken them outta my account without me paying them first, other ppl in this thread have said the same thing. my boy at work has an ebay store and he never pays his fees, he lets em stack up and they never deduct from his account

me too, they never deduct unless you authorize it...you may have authorized it sometime and not realized it.

Kyle
10-29-2006, 01:14 AM
I have heard of this Nigerian scam artist shit. What the fuck. Fuck this ship to Nigeria shit. If you paid credit card I think you can talk to your company and get them to withhold the payment. They probably can help you resolve it.

If someone has said this I am sorry I am too lazy to read all the posts right now.

StupidBikerBoy
10-29-2006, 04:41 PM
ORLY?? thats what i get for not reading the rules lol, whatta noob i am

LOL

I didnt read it either until I went through a similar situation. They have pissed me off a few times, but they make me a lot of money lol. Legally, thier back is covered.:goodjob: