PDA

View Full Version : Divorce situation questions...?

4dmin
10-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Kate has a friend who is a pharmacist... she and her husband are spliting up:

- she has a good job making good $
- he doesn't work he is a house husband
- they have 2 kids
- he said he isn't in love w/ her but in love w/ his tennis partner (neighbor)
- she thinks he is having an affair with this neighbor (neighbor is going through a divorce as well w/ her husband)
- she told him to look for a job and they are spliting up + selling the house @ 1st of the year

my question:

CAN HE GET ALLAMONY(SP?) FROM HER?

WHO WILL MORE THEN LIKELY GET THE KIDS? IF SHE DOES WILL HE HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT?

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE?

Bajjani
10-24-2006, 08:56 PM
From what it sounds like I'd imagine she would since she has a stable job and can prove that she can support the kids. I don't see a judge giving custody to a parent who hasn't had a stable job

4dmin
10-24-2006, 08:58 PM
the biggest question is the allamony... he is turing into a real snake trying to blame it on her why they are spliting up saying b/c she works 15 hour days she must be cheating on him etc...

Jaimecbr900
10-24-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't think it's that clear cut.

I think it depends on how long he's been a "house" husband. I think that if she proves infidelity, that probably won't fair well for him either.

If she gets the kids, he pays child support.

Her best bet is to PROVE infidelity and keep the house and kids.

Type-R
10-24-2006, 09:02 PM

- they have 2 kids
- she thinks he is having an affair with this neighbor (neighbor is going through a divorce as well w/ her husband)
- she told him to look for a job and they are spliting up + selling the house @ 1st of the year

my question:

WHO WILL MORE THEN LIKELY GET THE KIDS? IF SHE DOES WILL HE HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT?

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE?

Whoever has the stable job/income will get the children unless they wanted to split the custody in a differant manner. The mother generally will always get custody unless she is unfit in anyway (income, mentally, etc). Depending on where their marriage was done (state) will determine the allamony outcome. I would wager no on the allamony.

Jaimecbr900
10-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Guys....it's ALIMONY...... :goodjob:

ahmonrah
10-24-2006, 09:06 PM
:lmfao: thanks jaime! it's been driving me nutz watching them butcher the word!!

4dmin
10-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Guys....it's ALIMONY...... :goodjob:

thanx dad for the correct spelling :lmao:

She will go after the kids no doubt; he is worthless really... sits at home all day does 0 house work, works out + spends her money :rolleyes:

4dmin
10-24-2006, 09:08 PM
:lmfao: thanks jaime! it's been driving me nutz watching them butcher the word!!

hey atleast i put (sp?)

Type-R
10-24-2006, 09:09 PM

But it's not nutz, it's nuts :-|

JoeCoolinATL
10-24-2006, 10:09 PM

- they have 2 kids

my question:

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE?

he can get alimony and she better get a damn good divorce lawyer stat.

The Ren
10-24-2006, 10:39 PM
In the state of Georgia it is very hard to not give the mother custody.... If he is cheating it gives her resonable right for divorce.. and so I bet he would have to give alimony and child support...

koukis14
10-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Get a private dick to prove he is cheating and he will get nothing but a nice chunk of sidewalk to sit his ass on.

JustinSane110™
10-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Get a private dick to prove he is cheating and he will get nothing but a nice chunk of sidewalk to sit his ass on.
That's what I was thinking.

joecoolfreak
10-25-2006, 12:54 AM
All depends on the lawyers... A good lawyer will prevent him from getting custody or alimony, and yes he will have to pay child support, Prolly very little at first, but as soon as he gets a job, it will be recalculated etc... As far as the infidelity goes, it could be very influential in deciding custody and alimony, but has to be proven with evidence, suspicion isn't usually very effective in court. The important thing is that she seek legal council as soon as possible, and definately before anything is sold etc...

PRiMAdonna
10-25-2006, 01:04 AM
he will most likely NOT be eligible for allamony because he is perfectly able to get a job...unless he just really has no dignity and becomes one of the very few men who actually petition for allamony from their wives... and he won't get custody of the kids...she will, because 1) she's the mom and the court systems always favor putting the kids w/their mother, and 2)she is more financially stable apparently...
yes, he will be ordered to pay child support unless they get 50/50 split custody of the children, in which case i dont think it's required.

the laws are kinda iffy & each situation is always different, so until they go to court, you really cant speculate on what will happen.

that's bullshit that he's trying to blame the divorce on her though...thats a real slap in the face. after all, she is supporting a man that claims to be in love with someone else...what a douche.

babygurl
10-25-2006, 02:25 AM
she needs to hire a PI and have his ass tailed, cause if he is in love with the tennis partner, then he will eventually screw up, and she can have it caught on tape.

And if she proves he is cheating, then there is a very minimal chance she will have to pay him anything, and that if she gets the kids, then he will have to pay child support.

quickdodge®
10-25-2006, 04:08 AM

No.

She will. Yes he will. Later, QD.

5thgcelica
10-25-2006, 06:12 AM
what qd said.

Brett
10-25-2006, 06:23 AM

- they have 2 kids

my question:

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE?

She shouldnt have to pay him shit. He is the one who wants out, if he is in love with the neighbor, you know they are fuckin. Thats adultry, She right there should get the house, kids, etc. in the eyes of the court.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-25-2006, 06:34 AM
I remember reading something somewhere saying that pharamacists are more likely to end a marriage with divorce due to the hours/stress of work

civic95
10-25-2006, 06:54 AM
99% of the time the mother gets the kids. That guy is f-ed up, he had it made. He'll have to get a job before they determine the child support. They might want to look into joint custody where the kids spend equal time with both parents. That only works if they both live near each other so the kids can get to school from either house. As far as allimony... If he hasn't worked in years he can claim he has no experience or not enough job history to get a job to support the lifestyle he is used to. Honestly if she was the one wanting out, then I might could see him getting it, but since this is all his decision I don't see that happening. With that said our judicial system can suprise you.

con
10-25-2006, 07:23 AM
mother will get the kids, he will pay child support if she files and it is highly possible that he may get alimony on the grounds that he provided a positive atmosphere for the kids and household which allowed her to pursue a career. therefore it's only fair that she give him a solid foothold and jumpstart so that he can now pursue his own...............

it would help if he gets a good lawyer and actually files the divorce himself.

4dmin
10-25-2006, 09:07 AM
I remember reading something somewhere saying that pharamacists are more likely to end a marriage with divorce due to the hours/stress of work

they actually have good schedules; but she is the BOMB Pharmacist; she was Pharmacist of the year back in like 04' or some shit like that. did you know most pharmacist are female? its alot easier to get into school if your male.

he is a complete toolbag; he treats her like dirt and at the same time is just using her. he is such a fucktard really... she kinda knew something was up w/ him and one day she took their kids to go out to eat... their 5yr old said "mommy we just ate here few days ago with Neighbor" then he said "mommy you'll always be my favorite mommy" :eek: (he was taking his kids out to eat w/ this neighbor and obviously said shit about her possibly being their mommy)

i told kate if my kid told me that she would recieve 2 black eyes and her shit out in the lawn. fucking nuts the BS some people play.

con
10-25-2006, 09:10 AM
oh shiat, dude is gonna get roasted in court for that shit. he's taking the kids out with him and referencing her as their new mommy :eek:

{X}Echo419
10-25-2006, 10:26 AM

- they have 2 kids

my question:

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE?

11 times out of 10 when the situation is reversed She would get alimony. so I don't see why He shouldn't. but then again he does have a penis. :2cents:

Hulud
10-25-2006, 10:30 AM
he will get spousal support, because he is used to her level of income.

which he would not be able to make right off the bat, since pharmacists easily make 100k right outta school

Street Distinction
10-25-2006, 10:33 AM
I can't offer any legal advice but the only thing i can offer is prayer for the family especially the kids (that causes serious emotional damage)....i'm firm believer of prayer....

JennB
10-25-2006, 10:37 AM
she needs to hire a PI and have his ass tailed, cause if he is in love with the tennis partner, then he will eventually screw up, and she can have it caught on tape.

And if she proves he is cheating, then there is a very minimal chance she will have to pay him anything, and that if she gets the kids, then he will have to pay child support.

Exactly.

She should get proof of the cheating and then she, hopefully, should have little to worry about.

If she gets custody, he will have to pay child support if she goes after it.

quickdodge®
10-25-2006, 03:15 PM
it is highly possible that he may get alimony on the grounds that he provided a positive atmosphere for the kids and household which allowed her to pursue a career.

That's not highly possible. If it was his choice to stay home, then he won't be able to claim/collect alimony. Later, QD.

abdullah9018
10-25-2006, 03:22 PM
white people have to many issues

~The_Duke~
10-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Ya if he admits or she can prove adultry and they havent had intercourse of any kind since...then she doesnt have to pay him shit, but if they have fucked since they say that is a sign of forgiveness and then it doesnt apply...If adultry is the case he gets fucked out of everything kids, house, cars, etc...

The other thing is I believe that the marriage would have had to last for I believe more than 5 yrs? for allomony to apply.

Just went through this about 6 months ago I was worried about having to pay my cheating ex allomony also.

Tiff-O-Bitties
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM

- they have 2 kids

my question:

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE?

How old are the children? Who is the primary caretaker? He can get money from her unless is in incapable of getting a job. If he is in fact cheating, he can't get a dime.

Julio
10-25-2006, 04:21 PM
That dude is an idiot.. he had it made.. douche.

~The_Duke~
10-25-2006, 04:21 PM
That dude is an idiot.. he had it made.. douche.

I know seriously...

quickdodge®
10-25-2006, 04:32 PM
He can get money from her unless is in incapable of getting a job.

Not necessarily. Later, QD.

~The_Duke~
10-25-2006, 04:33 PM
These days anyone can get a job...