PDA

View Full Version : update on my friend

kilpatty43
06-01-2005, 10:03 AM
so i check my email this morning and i have a new email from paul's mom, diane giving me sort of an update. after reading it i cried for a good hour. i miss him so much.

Dear Heather,
We have just returned to the United States after a week in Germany to retrieve Paul's belongings. Our first trip was unsuccessful due to the Army's mixup but this time we were finally granted access. Apparently after three months, the Army has officially labeled Paul and the three other soldiers Missing in Action. We still hold on to the hope that Paul is alive and well and will return home one day, but that hope is slowly fading with passing days. After losing Paul's father, Paul Sr. just last year, this has been incredibly hard on the family. I write to you today to tell you that we found a framed picture of you and Paul in his things. (Jeff confirmed that it was you). On the back of the picture it said "The girl who changed my life". I thought you would like to know that. You were very special to Paul. I remember the last conversation I had with him before he left, he told me that he wasn't ready to leave you yet. He had just met you a few weeks before and hadn't spent enough time with you. When Paul first found out about going to Iraq, he was prepared not to come back, but when he met you, he told me he wanted to come back so he could be with you. You made his last few weeks here in the United States special and for that i am forever grateful to you. As soon as I am able to get a copy of the picture I will send it to you because I am sure you will want it. Jeff and I will be coming to Milledgeville soon to gather Paul's belongings out of his storage space and while we are there I would love to meet you and get to know you. You were special to my son and therefore you are special to me. Thank you again for all that you did for him. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,
Diane Crough

AB3dj
06-01-2005, 10:09 AM
:(

AtifSajid
06-01-2005, 10:11 AM
damn..Im sorry to hear that..that is pretty upsetting.

A.P. Photography
06-01-2005, 10:12 AM
:( wow

Shawna
06-01-2005, 10:24 AM
aww Heather u made me cry... like i told you earlier everything is going to turn out alright and i still think me and u could take em LOL and you know im here for you whenever you need me

Brett
06-01-2005, 10:53 AM
I hope he surfaces soon

ahmonrah
06-01-2005, 11:05 AM
so why again is it that we're sending our generation to the meatgrinder?? i've had people i've known that have went and though they came back they had too many stories to tell of friends that were there one minute, gone the next. not too mention they are scarred for life with the things war subjects one too.

i'm sincerely sorry about your friend ladies in my opinion he should be here laughing and joking with us here on IA.COM.

Kristi
06-01-2005, 11:24 AM
i'm sorry hefy, hopefully he will be found soon. that was very sweet of his mom to write that to you.

call me if you need me and think of Coco Boots and corvettes!

5thgcelica
06-01-2005, 11:41 AM
wow. such a touching email.

i hope and pray he will randomly turn up. how cool would that be.

hang in there.

mocha latte cupcake
06-01-2005, 11:57 AM
sorry hefy, i'm prayin for you....

trythefly
06-01-2005, 11:59 AM
wow that is sad. :(

ahmonrah
06-01-2005, 12:01 PM
i'd like to think that he's still holding his rifle, looking out for a way to make it back to his platoon....i'll keep that thought.

kilpatty43
06-01-2005, 12:37 PM
thank you everyone

HEATON
06-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Heather, I know its hard, ive lost several friends already downrange and know i will miss more b4 it is over. The other day i met a guy who was MIA/POW from Vietnam, for 3 years he was in Vietnam thought to be dead to his family, but one day he came home. With the enemy we are fighting now they love to brag about who/what they destroy so if his parents or the Army hasnt received word that he is actually KIA there is a REALLY REALLY GOOD chance he is still alive and soon will be liberated. My heart goes out to you and Paul's family!! Like i said before if there is anything i can do for you or his parents let me know!! I work here at the Passenger Terminal at Ramstein AB so if they are ever flying in for more updates let me know so i can get things arranged for them, bc traveling thru the mil can be a hassle at times. Till then God Bless and God speed.

The Yousef
06-01-2005, 02:42 PM
My God in heaven.....i'm so sorry about your friend....really don't know what else to say....(shocking...i know)....

yousef

Boosted S60R
06-01-2005, 04:44 PM
wow. I hope everything works out.

babygurl
06-01-2005, 04:51 PM
sorry to hear that girl, i hope he does surface soon....

99ITRGIRL
06-01-2005, 05:27 PM
WOW!!! Very touching!! I'm glad you made a major impact on Paul and his family! They would be forever grateful! I loved that quote on the back of that picture. That was the sweetest thing...Hope he comes back to you soon! God bless!!

eViLMunkey
06-01-2005, 05:31 PM
That sux...

kilpatty43
WOW!!! Very touching!! I'm glad you made a major impact on Paul and his family! They would be forever grateful! I loved that quote on the back of that picture. That was the sweetest thing...Hope he comes back to you soon! God bless!!
that quote got to me so bad...it was so sweet i agree...he was such a great guy...just my luck i find a guy that actually feels something for me and he's missing...i just wish id known his feelings before he left...we dated for about 5 weeks but never got serious because we knew he was leaving...i knew he liked me just not that much...i wish he was still here he was a great friend...god i miss him...

Kevykev
ahh man :(

carrascopa
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
that is the price of war?

The Ren
06-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Heather.. i pray for you that he will return.. I have two very special people over in Iraq right now too... be strong.. and i am here if you need me..

Deaf Pimp
06-01-2005, 06:46 PM
That was pretty moving... I really hope he does turn up some day.

T-Mo Goodie
06-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Man that is............................Damn. I am at a loss for words. keep your head up girl. There is always a possibilty of him resurfacing.

kilpatty43
06-02-2005, 09:15 AM
thanks again everyone

buddha@TeamFX
06-02-2005, 09:25 AM
heather he and his family will stay in my prayers and thoughts...and i hope for the best outcome...

SLOWR/T
06-02-2005, 01:42 PM
*cry*