PDA

View Full Version : Misc Religion: Marriage

Hulud
10-23-2006, 11:19 PM
whats worse in your religious opinion?
same sex marriages or marrying for money/nationality?

xavier
10-24-2006, 07:25 AM
I think they are equal

{X}Echo419
10-24-2006, 08:07 AM
isn't marriage religous in it's origin? so therefore wouldn't said religons decide what is/isnot a marriage? and if that's true aren't all religons against same sex marriages if not just being a ghey all together?

side note: I don't think the gov't should be issuing(sp) marriage licences to anyone anyways. well what about income taxes? how will we file our taxes? my only response would be, "FAIRTAX BITCHES!" :2cents:

ISAtlanta300
10-24-2006, 02:58 PM
whats worse in your religious opinion?
same sex marriages or marrying for money/nationality?

You should know that in some religions and some countries, sex for money/nationality is not recognized as "marriage" i.e. if you are not married/blessed by the church priest, you are not "married" in God's eyes...

So in that sense, I think same sex marriage is worse, as marriage for money/nationality is not a church problem, but a government problem.

Hulud
10-24-2006, 06:39 PM
You should know that in some religions and some countries, sex for money/nationality is not recognized as "marriage" i.e. if you are not married/blessed by the church priest, you are not "married" in God's eyes...

So in that sense, I think same sex marriage is worse, as marriage for money/nationality is not a church problem, but a government problem.
it is as you so eloquently put it a church problem, it just goes to show how marriage is NOT a unity under your god to most people. so two people who love each other and getting married is worse than two people who may not even know each other? ok thats good logic there :lmfao:

ISAtlanta300
10-25-2006, 04:25 PM
it is as you so eloquently put it a church problem, it just goes to show how marriage is NOT a unity under your god to most people. so two people who love each other and getting married is worse than two people who may not even know each other? ok thats good logic there :lmfao:

Easy there, man... I did not make the rules.. :)

It is a unity under God of two people, based on the principle of a man and a woman.

And how would the church know if they knew each other or not if even the Government can't know this?

Both are wrong, but with the "gay" marriage being the more visually obvious and identifiable one, it would be the worse one.

That does not mean that the church agrees with marriage for money/ nationality but very few people would actually go through the trouble of doing a "fraudulent" chuch wedding if the actual benefits only lie with the government and laws (Citizenship, green cards and shit) that the church can't give you.

neon_guy
11-28-2006, 10:36 AM
That's like asking what's worse between killing someone and eating turkey bacon.
It's an ARE TARD question. America is one of the few countries (and Christianity is one of the few religions) where people DON'T get married for money. There's nothing in any Holy book against getting married for money. It's actually promoted in some cultures. We are the few that get married for "love".
In marriages for money (or race) it's to grow and prosper the community as well as produce offspring to grow the race. Again, it's actually promoted. Soooooooooo, religiously, same sex marriages is BY FAR worse than marrying for money/race.

However, in my personal opinion, they both suck. I'm Christian so I don't agree with same sex marriages. Not condeming those who do it. I just don't agree with it. And, I got married for love and we were both boke-ish at the time, so I think getting married for money (in this culture) isn't so great. But, there's nothing Biblical denouncing marriage based on income. There's scriptures against same sex.

ShooterMcGavin
11-28-2006, 10:51 AM
so two people who love each other and getting married is worse than two people who may not even know each other? ok thats good logic there :lmfao:
yeah, cuz that's one perverse love right there.

Hulud
11-28-2006, 11:24 AM
yeah, cuz that's one perverse love right there.
why? cause you said so?

i forgot you were this invisible camo guy everyone believes in :rolleyes:

ShooterMcGavin
11-28-2006, 11:30 AM
u know damn well i meant the bible said so, and u were questioning what RELIGIONS thought/said about same sex marriage vs marriage for money or whatever were u not?

Hulud
11-28-2006, 11:30 AM
u know damn well i meant the bible said so,
no actually i didnt, my bad

misunderstanding

ShooterMcGavin
11-28-2006, 11:35 AM
u know i couldn't give 2 shits about who marries who or what :goodjob: