PDA

View Full Version : Misc Irwin manager goes after Ras Kass...

quickdodge®
10-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Irwin manager takes aim at US rapper By Laine Clark
October 23, 2006 06:12pm

STEVE Irwin's manager John Stainton has hit out at a US rapper for using a reference to the Crocodile Hunter's death to attack a rival.

Ras Kass has maintained his long-running feud with fellow gangster rapper The Game by using an Irwin-inspired slur in his new song Gayme Over.

During the track, Kass takes aim at The Game with the line "You're the waste of LA ... you the Crocodile Hunter, I am the stingray''.

Mr Irwin died after being stabbed in the chest with a stingray barb on the Great Barrier Reef on September 4.

"I just find it a bit sad that people have to stoop to that,'' Mr Stainton said.

"It is disappointing. I can't understand the point of it. There are other references they can make that will put the point across.

"I just think it is a pity that people do have to use Steve or anyone who has died in tragic circumstances ... as a form of entertainment.''

Mr Stainton also condemned emails and internet pictures that made light of Mr Irwin's death.

"The fact that people have gone to the trouble of doing those sort of photographs I just find it really distasteful,'' he said.

"Dummied up photos, all the things that are happening around the world associated with Steve's tragedy - I just can't understand it to be honest.

"I don't ever go to the web fortunately. I don't give time to that.''

Whatta chump. Later, QD.

Sammich
10-23-2006, 03:53 PM
haters...they just mad cuz its a white dude that got stung..if it was muhammad ali, they woulda said wow...and then drank their coffee LOL

SL65AMG
10-23-2006, 05:09 PM
haters...they just mad cuz its a white dude that got stung..if it was muhammad ali, they woulda said wow...and then drank their coffee LOL

dont you have any respect for the man at all? i mean whether you liked him or not doesnt matter, he was killed and people are making fun of it. i mean damn people....

and what the fuck does it matter if hes white or not? fuck that. black people(specifically) and other people are o quick to pull the race card but if they say something about a white person nothing happens. fuck that shit. thats gotta stop

TIGERJC
10-23-2006, 05:15 PM
I dont think it is right to make fun of his death. But I expect this kind of shit from the lame ass rappers that plague the air waves

quickdodge®
10-23-2006, 05:59 PM
^^^ Agreed. Later, QD.

toonz
10-23-2006, 06:05 PM
LOL this is funny

thinkfast®
10-24-2006, 11:09 AM
you know how many morons are gonna be dressed up like steve irwin on Halloween, go make a thread about that

give it up, noone cares about irwin or ras kass

quickdodge®
10-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Ras Kass responds:

In an open letter to Australian newspaper The Sydney Morning Herald, Ras Kass responded to John Stainton, the manager of Australia's slain "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin.

"Every person should be treated with an equal brush stroke, or no one should, and everything must be considered in context. I am a hip hop artist. Hip hop is like any other art form; nothing is sacred, nothing is off limits. As such, I have used historical events and current events as metaphors to express a greater perspective to certain ideas and points. At other times, I myself, have been referenced- be it in a positive or negative light. That is part of the creative process and the nature of what rap music is. I in no way have, or have had any ill will towards the late Steve Irwin. Sadly, I think this has been unreasonably blown out of proportion.

Steve Irwin who loved nature and had a pioneering spirit, knowing the dangers of nature, put himself in harms way consistently, understanding the risks involved in his passion/ job. He even requested that in the event of his demise that the show being recorded be aired in its entirety.

What strikes me as hypocritical is that in a six minute song (that literally starts out with gun shots) the only thing that stood out in Mr. Stainton's mind was a one-bar reference to a current event. Actually, a reference where there is no trace of malediction; I specifically used the metaphor neither making a positive or negative judgment or connotation about the late Mr. Irwin. Mr. Stainton doesn't seem to be the least bit concerned with other references that one could (mis)construe as homophobic or misogynistic, let alone is he concerned with the potential violence in hip hop or black-on-black violence. He only seems to be bothered by one line. I am just saying that consistency would be nice.

If you aren't from the hip hop culture and are not familiar with it then you are not qualified to judge it. Whether American or Australian, every human life is valuable; otherwise it makes it appear that Mr. Stainton thinks that only one man's is.

Sincerely,
Ras Kass"

Later, QD.

Sammich
10-26-2006, 07:57 AM
dont you have any respect for the man at all? i mean whether you liked him or not doesnt matter, he was killed and people are making fun of it. i mean damn people....

and what the fuck does it matter if hes white or not? fuck that. black people(specifically) and other people are o quick to pull the race card but if they say something about a white person nothing happens. fuck that shit. thats gotta stop

it was a joke man lighten up..w/e the situation hip hop artist and rappers have been using things in the world to 'correlate to'(for lack of better words) when they rap..its just what it is

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
holy shit, I'm suprised Ras Kass made a statement..

then again, its a ploy to get his name out there and since WHEN DO RAPPERS MAKE STATEMENTS on LYRICS?!?!?!??!

StupidBikerBoy
10-27-2006, 04:31 AM
I dont think it is right to make fun of his death. But I expect this kind of shit from the lame ass rappers that plague the air waves

+1

bdydrpdmazda
10-27-2006, 05:30 AM
The fact that this manager took the time to call out this rapper didnt do anything but make the song more popular, Ive never even heard of this Ras Kass but using something that might be controversial in one of his songs did exactly what it was supposed to do, it raised a few eyebrows and got this guys name in the news which will in turn raise the popularity of this man to give this song more air time on radio stations and maybe even help his album sell a few more copies, he knew exactly what he was doing and thats why he took the time to respond and defend his lyrics in a news paper.

ShooterMcGavin
10-27-2006, 08:47 AM
guess he ain't gonna like my halloween costume.... :D

Sammich
10-27-2006, 08:47 AM
guess he ain't gonna like my halloween costume.... :D

nigga gona have a barb n his chest:lmfao: :lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
10-27-2006, 09:02 AM
^^^u best believe that shit, it's all ready to go, i'll be sure to take some pics and post them up :D :goodjob:

Sammich
10-27-2006, 09:03 AM
LOLz gota see dis

Black R
10-28-2006, 01:14 PM
...wow, I didn't even think anyone on IA knew whotf RassKass is!

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-28-2006, 07:27 PM
but have you seen the commercial to purchase Steve Irwin's eulogy ceremony? 19.99 or so to buy the video plus extras and all..

and who's trying to make a profit? then again, all the proceeds go to some fund.. :jerkit:

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Ras Kass? The fuck...LOL !