PDA

View Full Version : Good runs against Slowhawk and Lankhoss

LT1UltraZ
10-22-2006, 11:24 AM
It was nice to finally meet you guys. My girlfriend and i had an awsome time racing with you. WE had a BLAST until one of my intake pipes decided it had enough of abuse and poped off :lmfao: so we had to end it early :2up:

Overall it was a perfect night, very fast cars blasting up and down a empty road :) No BS just lots of good clean racing :D Cant wait to do it next weekend. Hopefully all three of us will have our "problems" worked out :goodjob:

b0ki
10-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Damm..... so when we left the parking lot u guys went diff way ? Cuz we went .....

2.3 Evo 8
10-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Damm..... so when we left the parking lot u guys went diff way ? Cuz we went .....

Boris, edit your post man. No road names please. :goodjob:

Lankhoss
10-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Hey LTI, I'd be happy to line them up again. We had a good little sprint there, but I'd like a tad more room next time. We were about dead even, so it should be a nice matchup.

Did you ever figure out what was going on with your boost gauge?

LT1UltraZ
10-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey LTI, I'd be happy to line them up again. We had a good little sprint there, but I'd like a tad more room next time. We were about dead even, so it should be a nice matchup.

blew my blower pipe off :boobies:

FAHHQUE700
10-22-2006, 02:28 PM
buy some T-bolt clamps... Summit has them.

lightspeed
10-22-2006, 02:30 PM
can I get in on this next weekend? ive never run a new z06. and i need a rematch with ultraz.
how did you do with slowhawk?

LT1UltraZ
10-22-2006, 02:59 PM

blew a nice hole in a rubber elbow coming of the blower. I guess those rubber elbows from lowes arent meant for lots of heat and PSI :lmfao:

Lankhoss
10-22-2006, 04:13 PM
blew a nice hole in a rubber elbow coming of the blower. I guess those rubber elbows from lowes arent meant for lots of heat and PSI :lmfao:

Wow, I can't believe none of us saw that last night!!

At least it's a quick and easy fix!

Lankhoss
10-22-2006, 04:18 PM
can I get in on this next weekend? ive never run a new z06. and i need a rematch with ultraz.

I'm not coming out next weekend, I already have plans. Not sure when I'll be up there again, actually. Seems I've got something going on every weekend up until Thanksgiving...then I'm going back home (TN) for that.

I am not really that serious about racing, so I rarely (if ever) actually setup races. But I'll show up at these spots from time to time, and some people will approach me to see if I wanna run. That's just kinda how it works for me.

So the quick answer is....if you see me out, just come up and ask me. More than likely I'll be up for it :goodjob:

WINDSOR
10-22-2006, 09:19 PM

with what car? I wanna run the supra! :) I'll probably retune my car this week for 14-15 psi with some 100 octane and bring out some sticky tires! My nitto 17 inch drag radials just don't cut it even running just 7 psi :(

lightspeed
10-22-2006, 10:32 PM
with what car? I wanna run the supra! :) I'll probably retune my car this week for 14-15 psi with some 100 octane and bring out some sticky tires! My nitto 17 inch drag radials just don't cut it even running just 7 psi :(
Bring it on ;) You realize we'll have to run race gas to race gas then. :yes:

lightspeed
10-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh, LT1...you didnt give the result with slowhawk... what was it?

Incontt
10-23-2006, 05:05 AM
i heard he beat slowhawk by half car...take that as hearsay...i wasnt there

FAHHQUE700
10-23-2006, 08:40 AM
I heard slowhawk beat him by a pencil.

slowhawk01
10-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Oh, LT1...you didnt give the result with slowhawk... what was it?

I was on 8lbs of boost and he was at 13lbs and he beat me by a half a car. My bumper was on his quarter panel from 60-155. I started to creep back around 140 but not much at all. My boost controller spring broke so my car was stuck on 8LBs and wouldn't move no matter what I did. I will rerun him on a little higher boost next time;) . Good runs altogether no bullshit just racing. I had fun and thats all that matters:goodjob:

jtownaccord
10-23-2006, 11:20 AM
A #2 pencil?
I heard slowhawk beat him by a pencil.

lightspeed
10-23-2006, 11:38 AM
I was on 8lbs of boost and he was at 13lbs and he beat me by a half a car. My bumper was on his quarter panel from 60-155. I started to creep back around 140 but not much at all. My boost controller spring broke so my car was stuck on 8LBs and wouldn't move no matter what I did. I will rerun him on a little higher boost next time;) . Good runs altogether no bullshit just racing. I had fun and thats all that matters:goodjob:
Cool.
Ill have to admit, ultraz seems to be one of the cooler guys in the new crowd, esp considering some of this comments on some past threads :) It proves you cant always tell from how people act online. :crazy:
Ok.. I have to rub this in just once... So, in this case...
LT1 > LS1 :cheers:

Lankhoss
10-23-2006, 12:45 PM
I'll vouch for the LT1's!! Although the LS1's put out more power, I owned a few L-98 motors, and always prefered the drive of those and the LT1's over the LS1's. I think the LTx engines had better low end torque, too, if I'm not mistaken.

FAHHQUE700
10-23-2006, 02:29 PM
A #2 pencil?

No a mechanical one, with a worn down eraser.

jtownaccord
10-23-2006, 03:06 PM
No a mechanical one, with a worn down eraser.Daamnn!! That shit is fast:D

slowhawk01
10-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Cool.
Ill have to admit, ultraz seems to be one of the cooler guys in the new crowd, esp considering some of this comments on some past threads :) It proves you cant always tell from how people act online. :crazy:
Ok.. I have to rub this in just once... So, in this case...
LT1 > LS1 :cheers:

Thats fine about rubbing it in. He won fair and square no excuses here. I will just have to come back and try to run him again with more boost. I just enjoy racing win or lose as I had said several times before. (LT1UltraZ)/Marcin and I have met before in my GF car just didn't know it till we met up on saturday. Definetly a cool guy and just likes to race win or lose no BS and thats the way it should be.:yes:

distortion69
10-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Funny 1/8th mile times slowhawk.. my 2000 z28 went 8.506 @ 87 with a lid, cutout, and ls6 intake.. 21mph less.. lol. Talk about no traction.

Good races, would have like to seen them in person.

Later,
Josh