PDA

View Full Version : Opinion

Slow Motion
10-22-2006, 07:03 AM
I have a chance to buy a salvaged 350z for 2k nothing is to much wrong with the car structurally meaning the frame is in pristine condition, the interior is still like new, the only problem with the car is the front end the front bumper is missing the radiator is shot and the right side panel needs to be replaced...wanted an opinion on whether or not to buy this car not sure about salvaged vehicles. I plan on putting an RB in it to replace the existing engine(RB refering to nissans turbocharged skyline engine), a roll cage in case of future accidents, necassary sway bars, and etc. still thinking about which transmission to put in if i get it. but i just wanted to hear some opinions from IA that know about salvaged cars or just whether or not it would be safe. Preciate the comments. good or bad.

bdydrpdmazda
10-22-2006, 08:36 AM
If its $2,000 then there is alot more that needs to be replaced than the things you mentioned. It takes 75% of the cars value in damage for the insurance company to declare a car a total loss. Just because it looks like it just needs a new bumper, fender and radiator doesnt mean there isnt alot more damage behind those damaged panels. My friend bought a totaled RSX because he had the same thoughts that your having and then he found out that salvage titles are more of a pain in the ass than they are worth and even if he invested the money and fixed it, getting a new title would require alot of time and work. If you can afford to pay $2000 for this car and pay to get it fixed and pay for an RB26DETT then you might as well buy a used 350Z with a clean title and sell the VQ35 that comes in it to finance the RB engine that you want. For the project you are describing you really might want to reconsidder making this purchase.

quickdodgeŽ
10-22-2006, 09:28 AM
It's tough and costly as hail to get a car unsalvaged. Later, QD.

David88vert
10-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Not to mention you need to be a licensed rebuilder. You will have to pay a licensed rebuilder to certify the repainrs on the car.

Spyder
10-22-2006, 10:25 AM
For 2k I would buy it and part it out, make back way more then you have in it and use that cash to buy a good condition 350.