PDA

View Full Version : Speeding ticket for 70 in a 45 cost?

Jecht
10-21-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm just curious how much this ticket will cost me. The cop pulled me over and told me I was going 70 in a 45 zone on McCullough (the road that KSU is on). I don't think I was going that fast, he may have gotten the guy who was passing me. There is that set of train rails that go across the road - I slow way down for them because I don't want to bend a wheel or damage my suspension, and I don't think my Jetta could get to 72 from there to where he pulled me over. W/e though, I'm just wondering how much this will cost.

Greddypacked
10-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Probably over 300$.

PRiMAdonna
10-21-2006, 07:31 PM
25 over? depends on the county/city you got it in. if you are under 18, you will probably lose your license. otherwise, i'd say around $250..

Jecht
10-21-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm 19, but I was 18 when this happened... sigh I was hoping it wouldn't nearly be that high.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-21-2006, 08:39 PM
their not taking your license for that speeding infraction???

its gonna be atleast $200 and go up from there

PRiMAdonna
10-21-2006, 09:10 PM
^^ speeding infraction...lol...

~The_Duke~
10-21-2006, 09:17 PM
I call them fast driving awards...

quickdodge®
10-21-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm just curious how much this ticket will cost me.

Ever thought about calling the police station? None of us on IA is privvy to such info. I wonder why everyone that gets awarded posts here asking how much it is. Later, QD.

~The_Duke~
10-21-2006, 09:19 PM
well I know in forsyth there isnt a set amount for 25 mph +...but the range of how much it could cost is $150 - $1000 in forsyth... I go to court on tuesday for one...

Jecht
10-21-2006, 09:37 PM
their not taking your license for that speeding infraction???

its gonna be atleast $200 and go up from there

This is my first ticket. I don't speed, I'm not sure how I got this one because I'm certain I was not going 72mph. I don't know what the circumstances are for them to take away my license, the officer just told me to pay the ticket or show up on the court date. QD, the officers just beat around the box and told me that it would be anywhere from 150 to above 500. I wanted opinions about what it might end up as, so I asked here.

I go to court on tuesday for one...
My court date is this Tuesday as well. Good luck with yours.

mugen_s2000
10-21-2006, 09:41 PM
I was pulled over doing 75 in a 45 (Peachtree Industrial Blvd) and paid about $120 for it. The other time I was doing 124 in a 45 (Sugarloaf Pkwy) and they let me go with a warning... I dunno man... good luck though.

~The_Duke~
10-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Good luck with yours also...they are going to be alil harder on you than they are on me cas I am 21...

mugen_s2000
10-21-2006, 09:43 PM
oh, and I was 19 when the 124 one happened... and 18 when the 75 in a 45 happened... again, good luck.

SpoonMan
10-21-2006, 09:55 PM
you WILL lose your license for 25 over....i have lost mine twice for 25 over,

mugen_s2000
10-21-2006, 09:57 PM

Really? so why didn't I lose mine?

quickdodge®
10-21-2006, 09:57 PM

Seems like you would have learned after the first time. Later, QD.

Julio
10-21-2006, 10:00 PM
oh, and I was 19 when the 124 one happened... and 18 when the 75 in a 45 happened... again, good luck.

:blah:

ATK_Designs
10-21-2006, 10:03 PM
www.thegeorgiaspeedingticketkiller.com

It really works. I got a ticket (25+) and about to try that program out next month. But I know someone who did and it works pretty good. Made perfect sense.

It's not about your speeding or not. It's about "can they legally charge you with speeding tickets".

There are hidden laws in GA law book that you don't know about.

Since you're under 21 years old, I say, give it a shot. It's only $30 compared to what you'd have to pay.

mugen_s2000
10-21-2006, 10:04 PM
:blah:

Yeah, which is why I have multiple people to vouche for me? can we get a little more immature please? I was just stating that you won't always lose your liscense...

mugen_s2000
10-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Whatever man, I don't give a damn. I'm out.

Julio
10-21-2006, 10:16 PM
124 on sugarloaf? :lmfao:

mugen_s2000
10-21-2006, 10:25 PM

First off: I'm white
Secondly: The cop was a redneck.
Thirdly: There was a concert about to let out. He got me up by the Arena
Lastly: I fed him some bullshit about how my gf called cause she fell down a flight of steps and I was rushing to see if she was alright.

Don't believe me, I don't give a shit.

MongolPup
10-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Apparently you give enough of a shit to post "Whatever, I'm out" like you were waiting for a reply post.

Julio
10-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Lastly: I fed him some bullshit about how my gf called cause she fell down a flight of steps and I was rushing to see if she was alright.

quickdodge®
10-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Next: I'm a certified idiot

Wow. I believe. Later, QD.

Julio
10-22-2006, 12:26 PM

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-22-2006, 02:50 PM
LIRL!

tell me again!

Dominic49
10-22-2006, 03:15 PM

DUDE HE HAS VTEC, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Julio
10-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Im still :lmfao: @ 124 on sugarloaf?

Some cats come on here with all this B.S .. I just laugh..
Is it possible he got away with it? maybe.. But I dont buy it.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: 124 on sugarloaf? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Jecht
10-22-2006, 08:43 PM

Okay, you made me feel better at first, but that part makes me mad. If you get into trouble with the police, don't make some BS up. If they decide to arrest you or ticket you, they will always bring up what you said.

PRiMAdonna
10-22-2006, 09:35 PM
i just can't believe dude didn't get a ticket for going triple the speed limit??
that's rediculous.

EvasiveEF9
10-22-2006, 09:47 PM
If it's your first ticket, just plead no-lo contender. They should drop all charges and you'll just have a fine with no points on your license and your license shouldn't be revoked. However, MAKE SURE you talk to the prosecuter and MAKE SURE that's what it says on your file...otherwise, Cobb is famous for saying just pay the fine and walk out the door with a No-Lo, but then you get a letter in the mail a few weeks later instructing you to take your license so you're stuck without a no-lo card, and no license...

BKgen®
10-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Well, i got one last year when i was 18 for going 26 mph over. yes, i should've lost my license, but all i did was take a defensive driving class and pleaded to reduce the speed. I got off with $212 and NO probation or anything like that.

good luck. you'll need it if this is #2 for you.

EvasiveEF9
10-22-2006, 10:35 PM
That's another popular route...take the DD course. Have it completed BEFORE you go in for the case. It makes you look like you're on top of the ball and really trying to better yourself for your mistakes as opposed to just doing what the court tells you to do so you can get out of it...

Hope that makes sense...I'm tired as shit. Then ask for reduction...NOT having the ticket dropped. Keep in mind all the courts REALLY give a shit about is getting money in their pockets...

R3RUN
10-22-2006, 10:56 PM
got a tricket in gwinnett ounty when i was 18 for 26 over in a 55. Cost me 168 bucks if i remember right, clean driving record lowered it to 23 over, paid the 26 over fine and did a defensive driving course that cost another 90 or so.

***sry about the typing errrrrrors if there are any im not really an in any state to be tyooping rigth now.

PRiMAdonna
10-22-2006, 11:24 PM
sry about the typing errrrrrors if there are any im not really an in any state to be tyooping rigth now.

http://i14.tinypic.com/2s7htt5.jpg

Jecht
10-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Well its too late for me to take a defensive driving course since my court date is tomorrow. I'm absolutely sure I was not going that fast. A guy that was behind me passed me quickly and then the cop pulled me over. I'm telling them that first and then asking them to drop the ticket.

If that doesn't work, then I'm going to have to tell them that losing my license means no school since I can't drive an hour to school everyday without a license.

Spyder
10-23-2006, 09:15 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Ruiner
10-23-2006, 09:22 AM
If it's your first ticket, just plead no-lo contender. They should drop all charges and you'll just have a fine with no points on your license and your license shouldn't be revoked. However, MAKE SURE you talk to the prosecuter and MAKE SURE that's what it says on your file...otherwise, Cobb is famous for saying just pay the fine and walk out the door with a No-Lo, but then you get a letter in the mail a few weeks later instructing you to take your license so you're stuck without a no-lo card, and no license...

No-lo does not mean "no charges"...

Ruiner
10-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Well its too late for me to take a defensive driving course since my court date is tomorrow. I'm absolutely sure I was not going that fast. A guy that was behind me passed me quickly and then the cop pulled me over. I'm telling them that first and then asking them to drop the ticket.

If that doesn't work, then I'm going to have to tell them that losing my license means no school since I can't drive an hour to school everyday without a license.

My advice: get a bus card. :lmfao:

Jecht
10-23-2006, 09:26 AM
My advice: get a bus card. :lmfao:
Thanks for the support. :rolleyes:

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Ruiner layin' the law

hemi
10-23-2006, 09:35 AM
no lo also means that your are "asking the mercy of the court". Then it is up to the judge to accept it or not.

I have a ton of speeding tickets, and always pay them instead of court, if you can. I got nailed on PIB in Doraville for like 72 in a 55, and that ticket was $450...
My last ticket was 109 in a 55. My wife went to school with the guy that pulled us over, and I almost got out of it but he had already called for backup. The sarge was "letting me off easy, by not taking me straight to jail". I went to court and paid about 1500 for everything, 6 months probation, 40 hours community service, and 10 days in jail.
And I was 27 in a $45k truck, so that kid that did 124 on Sugarloaf is funny...

Ruiner
10-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the support. :rolleyes:

You were doing 25mph over the limit in a 45mph zone. There isn't much support that I can give you...

EvasiveEF9
10-23-2006, 10:16 AM

The court system doesn't care about anything that isn't to do with the ticket. You have no proof some dude passed you...so they won't hear it. I hate to be rough with ya, I just know how they work.

Best bet is to plea for alternative sentencing (IE; request to take defensive driving, and offer 20hours community service with fines) with the prosecutor. Try to work something with the prosecutor before going before the judge. Get to court early to insure you have time to do so. Just be straight up with the prosecutor. Don't say you didn't do it...it's your word against the cop's, and the phrase "innocent til proven guilty" no longer works to your advantage...sad to say. Tell her (or him) you'd like to keep your license as you need it for school and you'd like to find an alternative sentence or reduced speeding fine.

EvasiveEF9
10-23-2006, 10:16 AM
The court system doesn't care about anything that isn't to do with the ticket. You have no proof some dude passed you...so they won't hear it. I hate to be rough with ya, I just know how they work.

Best bet is to plea for alternative sentencing (IE; request to take defensive driving, and offer 20hours community service with fines) with the prosecutor. Try to work something with the prosecutor before going before the judge. Get to court early to insure you have time to do so. Just be straight up with the prosecutor. Don't say you didn't do it...it's your word against the cop's, and the phrase "innocent til proven guilty" no longer works to your advantage...sad to say. Tell her (or him) you'd like to keep your license as you need it for school and you'd like to find an alternative sentence or reduced speeding fine.

PLEA BARGAIN! That's the term I was looking for.

EvasiveEF9
10-23-2006, 10:19 AM
No-lo does not mean "no charges"...
Correct. But it is saying (as stated by someone else) that "yes, I did it, I'm sorry, I wanna fix myself so I don't do it again"

They charge you a fine, and usually no points are assigned to your license...

Jaimecbr900
10-23-2006, 10:32 AM
People if you are going to TRY and give someone advice, atleast have some real information rather than made up stuff.

#1. "Nolo" or Nolo Contendere is a PLEA of no contest. In other words, you will likely receive the same exact penalty as if you'd plead GUILTY because in essence you are. The good thing about pleading "nolo" vs straight out "guilty" is that the Nolo conviction can't be used against you as a guilty plea can in future proceedings.

#2. The age at the time of the offense is what matters, not what age you are now. So if 25+ over will cause you to lose your license @ 18 and under, but when you go to court you happen to have just turned 19.....you will still likely lose your license.

#3. The "a car was passing me" defense will very very likely NOT work.

#4. Even if you do get a suspension, you can ask for a special purpose license that will allow you to drive to and from school ONLY even during suspension. I'm not sure if that's allowed for underage drivers, but I know it's allowed for convicted DUI drivers.

#5. 124 on Sugarloaf?????? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
I'm with Julio. If I had a 50 ft. mast to raise the BS flag on I would.....124 on Sugarloaf AND got off with a "warning"..... :jerkit: ...... :lmfao: :lmfao:

The Golden Child
10-23-2006, 10:35 AM
i dont know if its been said or not but how about you call them and ask and stop being lazy ..

EvasiveEF9
10-23-2006, 10:36 AM
People if you are going to TRY and give someone advice, atleast have some real information rather than made up stuff.

#1. "Nolo" or Nolo Contendere is a PLEA of no contest. In other words, you will likely receive the same exact penalty as if you'd plead GUILTY because in essence you are. The good thing about pleading "nolo" vs straight out "guilty" is that the Nolo conviction can't be used against you as a guilty plea can in future proceedings.

#2. The age at the time of the offense is what matters, not what age you are now. So if 25+ over will cause you to lose your license @ 18 and under, but when you go to court you happen to have just turned 19.....you will still likely lose your license.

#3. The "a car was passing me" defense will very very likely NOT work.

#4. Even if you do get a suspension, you can ask for a special purpose license that will allow you to drive to and from school ONLY even during suspension. I'm not sure if that's allowed for underage drivers, but I know it's allowed for convicted DUI drivers.

#5. 124 on Sugarloaf?????? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
I'm with Julio. If I had a 50 ft. mast to raise the BS flag on I would.....124 on Sugarloaf AND got off with a "warning"..... :jerkit: ...... :lmfao: :lmfao:
1>> True, but most of the time they drop the points on the license...I've seen it go both ways.

2>> More than likely, he will unless he can get the plea bargain and be REAL smooth with words and convince the prosecutor...and yes, that is the law, under 21 is 24+ is automatice license suspension.

3>> True.

4>> The problem is alot of times they won't grant them. I've seen many people be defferred...including my buddy who attends up here at a military college, is in the corps, and an hour away from home. (lives in cobb, ticket was in cobb)

5>> :lmfao:

Put it this way...if you get the old white dude (can't recall his name...but most people get him, but I recall it sounds hispanic) you're fucked. He likes to make babies cry. If you get the black lady, she's not TOO bad. Usually she's willing to work with the defendant if they seem true at heart. The white lady, on the other hand...best wishes. You'd BETTER have a DAMN good point to prove. There's a fourth one, but I've never had him/her.

That's in cobb county anyways, assuming this is where the ticket is...

Wow, I've been to court too many times. I'm glad I quit fucking around on the public roads...

Jecht
10-23-2006, 10:44 AM
i dont know if its been said or not but how about you call them and ask and stop being lazy ..

I did call them, all they said was that it would be in between $150 and $1000. JokerTypeR and Jaimecbr900, I appreciate you two posting some useful info.

The Golden Child
10-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I did call them, all they said was that it would be in between $150 and $1000. JokerTypeR and Jaimecbr900, I appreciate you two posting some useful info.

icic well good luck with it ..

just figured i say that cause when i called they gave me an exact price ..

Jecht
10-23-2006, 10:49 AM
icic well good luck with it ..

just figured i say that cause when i called they gave me an exact price ..

No problem. I kinda wish they had given me an exact statement.

EvasiveEF9
10-23-2006, 11:00 AM
No problem. I kinda wish they had given me an exact statement.
If your court date is tomorrow, they should hvae the exact amount. It's simply by their laziness that they won't look up to see what that amount is...I friggin' hate cobb county. Try calling again, and maybe you'll get one of the not-so-fatasses that will actually do their job...

Jaimecbr900
10-23-2006, 11:04 AM

A word of advice:

Do NOT go in there like a bull in a china shop with your horns lowered ready for a fight. It will serve you no purpose because THEY hold ALL the cards.

Be humble. Be smart.

Get there EARLY. Give yourself time to talk to the Prosecutor BEFORE your case is called.

Go up to the prosecutor and ASK him/her for leniency. Tell them you are supporting yourself while going thru school. Tell them that you truly need your license to get there because your only other alternative is too far away. Tell them the truth and don't try to embelish it. People can always tell when you're being truthful and when you're not. Remember, this is what they do for a LIVING. They know.

BTW, the only reason why I'm even trying to help is because you came off as remorseful. You should use that same remorsefulness tomm with the prosecutor. They don't like snotty nose punks anymore than the next person. Difference is, they can really put the screws to you.

Good luck.

EvasiveEF9
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
A word of advice:

Do NOT go in there like a bull in a china shop with your horns lowered ready for a fight. It will serve you no purpose because THEY hold ALL the cards.

Be humble. Be smart.

Get there EARLY. Give yourself time to talk to the Prosecutor BEFORE your case is called.

Go up to the prosecutor and ASK him/her for leniency. Tell them you are supporting yourself while going thru school. Tell them that you truly need your license to get there because your only other alternative is too far away. Tell them the truth and don't try to embelish it. People can always tell when you're being truthful and when you're not. Remember, this is what they do for a LIVING. They know.

BTW, the only reason why I'm even trying to help is because you came off as remorseful. You should use that same remorsefulness tomm with the prosecutor. They don't like snotty nose punks anymore than the next person. Difference is, they can really put the screws to you.

Good luck.
AMEN...

Oh, and I've also heard don't go in with like a business suit. Dress nice, but don't overdress...they can tell a suck-up when they see one...

R3RUN
10-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Yea just wear some nice pants and a nice shirt. Honestly you should be ok if you have a clean driving record. I had a following to closely ticket about a year before my speeding ticket, talked to the DA before I went up to the judge and she said that because I had a good driving record she was going to drop it to 23 over so that I could keep my liscence. However I still paid the fines for a 26 over ticket. Better than losing your liscence though. The damn county probably wants me to stay on the road though so they can keep pulling me over and getting my money. :gay: (and because I know someone will say it, yes just not speeding is easier and I should probably not speed but I dont forsee that happening anytime soon, I was raised in a family of speeders)

On another note, I had the same judge both times....doubt he remembered me though.

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-23-2006, 02:31 PM
... I go to court on tuesday for one...

I got court Tuesday aswell.

Back to topic, your ticket will probably be around $100-$300

Jecht
10-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Just one more question. Will I have to pay for the ticket in cash or do you think they would take a check?

EvasiveEF9
10-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Just one more question. Will I have to pay for the ticket in cash or do you think they would take a check?
I think they only take plastic, cash, or money orders/cashier's checks...could be wrong. I'd say call the clerks, but it's too late now...

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-23-2006, 07:38 PM
bullshit the court like you bullshit the 124 mph on sugarloaf cop..

:lmfao: :lmfao:

they may take leniency on you b/c this is your 1st ticket.. but then again, they like to make examples