PDA

View Full Version : my new ride

bdydrpdmazda
10-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Ok I know it looks like a hunk of shit right now but I have huge plans for this thing. Its a 1991 Mazda B2600i extended cab. Heres a little bit of my list of things to do........

airbags
body drop
chop the top
20's
all painted sheet metal and fiberglass interior with leather seats and headliner
suicide doors
fully boxed, notched and painted frame
huge system
ford 5.0 V8
and alot more goodies that I will keep to myself for creative purposes

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j244/clintonmanning/f1_12.jpg

Stormhammer
10-21-2006, 02:03 PM
nice. my friend does this for fun. he's had his truck in the lowrider truck mags 3 times. Each time it was the same truck, and each time it was different :D

Mr_Mischif
10-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Hope it all goes well, man.

bdydrpdmazda
10-21-2006, 02:57 PM
This wont be the first lowrider Ive built but it will definately have the most detail, Im expecting it to take up to two years to get it done. I built a 1993 S10 back when I was 16 but at 16 I definately didnt put the time in it that I should have, I just wanted to bag it and get it back on the road. Im not gonna be depending on this thing for transportation though so Ill be able to take my sweet ass time and do it right.

aaronfelipe
10-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Looks well kept.Keep us updated :goodjob:

bdydrpdmazda
10-21-2006, 03:01 PM
nice. my friend does this for fun. he's had his truck in the lowrider truck mags 3 times. Each time it was the same truck, and each time it was different :D

I have a couple friends that have made it in magazines. My friend Heath Brown has been in three or four of the major magazines with his 1999 Silverado and my friend Jamey Tiffany built a Tacoma that was in a magazine as well but it was after he sold it to some 15 year old kid, so I learned from some good folks with alot of skill when it comes to custom fabrication and pneumatic suspensions. I havent talked to them in about three years though since I joined the Army and moved to Alaska.

bdydrpdmazda
10-21-2006, 03:12 PM
I wont be able to start on the project until March when I finally get out of the Army and move back to Georgia but when I do there will be alot of pitures and Ill keep them posted for everyone thats curious on how its going. Ill be starting to get the parts together in a couple weeks so Ill have everythng ready for me when I get started.

aaronfelipe
10-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Make another thread just for the project status.

bdydrpdmazda
10-21-2006, 03:26 PM

I will, like I said Im gonna start ordering the parts I need to get started in a couple weeks and Ill start prepping it when I come home in December. Im gonna get pics of every little thing this time around cause last time I built a truck I didnt take a single pick so there will be alot of good stuff to show you guys. Expect to see a thread with the first project pics some time around Christmas.

quickdodge®
10-21-2006, 03:37 PM
A real lowrider uses hydraulics. Not that bag crap. Later, QD.

bdydrpdmazda
10-21-2006, 03:37 PM

I will, like I said Im gonna start ordering the parts I need to get started in a couple weeks and Ill start prepping it when I come home in December. Im gonna get pics of every little thing this time around cause last time I built a truck I didnt take a single pick so there will be alot of good stuff to show you guys. Expect to see a thread with the first project pics some time around Christmas.

bdydrpdmazda
10-21-2006, 03:40 PM
A real lowrider uses hydraulics. Not that bag crap. Later, QD.

Hydros are too messy. Ive seen some well done trucks with hydros, like the one in my sig. Im a big fan of airbags though and Im confident Ill build a sweet ass ride that uses air to get up and down off the pavement.

FatboyV8
10-21-2006, 03:52 PM
I think what he meant is "BAGS ARE FOR FAGS" But then you could reply, "SWITCHES ARE FOR BITCHES" But w/e man cant wait to the project come together. Good to see another mini-trucker doin the damn thing.

-Paul

quickdodge®
10-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I think what he meant is "BAGS ARE FOR FAGS"

No. I didn't mean that at all. I don't like bags. Bags don't make a real lowrider. That's what I meant. Later, QD.

bdydrpdmazda
10-21-2006, 04:06 PM
No. I didn't mean that at all. I don't like bags. Bags don't make a real lowrider. That's what I meant. Later, QD.

The bottom line is "Switches get Bitches" and it dont matter what they are opperating, Ill go the hydro route on my next project cause Im interested to see which I like more. I think what makes a real lowrider is how far it rides above the pavement, even if the suspension isnt adjustable.

FatboyV8
10-21-2006, 05:34 PM
The bottom line is "Switches get Bitches" and it dont matter what they are opperating, Ill go the hydro route on my next project cause Im interested to see which I like more. I think what makes a real lowrider is how far it rides above the pavement, even if the suspension isnt adjustable.

Well you no the common rivalry between bags and cylinders. Me personally I dont give a fuck and technically the orginal lowriders didnt have either. I think if its low then its a lowrider. Always remeber if you cant spark it,park it. That saying dont say nothing about what you do it with.

-Paul

xLSTONEx
10-21-2006, 07:06 PM
YOUR FUCKING STUPID!

quickdodge®
10-21-2006, 09:14 PM
technically the orginal lowriders didnt have either.l

They had hydros or cut springs. That was original lowriding. Later, QD.

The Yousef
10-22-2006, 01:00 AM
The bottom line is "Switches get Bitches"

i'll bear that in mind... :lmfao:

kfzemx3
10-22-2006, 10:32 AM
why not swap a rotory in it :) there have been a few who have swapped the 13bt motors in to the b series trucks. I'm sure it will get more kudos then a v8 :)

bdydrpdmazda
10-22-2006, 02:37 PM
why not swap a rotory in it :) there have been a few who have swapped the 13bt motors in to the b series trucks. I'm sure it will get more kudos then a v8 :)

I have taken that into considderation too, it might actually be an easier swap than putting a 302 in it, I have alot of options with this truck as far as what engine swap Im gonna go with due to the fact that Ford has owned half of Mazdas for a very long time and you can put a small block Chevy motor in pretty much anything. I have alot of options with everything on this truck and Im not ruleing out a rotary motor.

FatboyV8
10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
YOUR FUCKING STUPID!

You better not be talking to me bitch.

©hris
10-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Low is Low.... whether is Bags, Hydros, springs... whatever. If its sitting on the ground...... its a Lowrider. imo

bdydrpdmazda
10-26-2006, 03:37 PM
You are right my friend, and respect has to be given to the man who finds a way to get lower than the truck beside him on the show field.

quickdodge®
10-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Low is Low.... whether is Bags, Hydros, springs... whatever. If its sitting on the ground...... its a Lowrider. imo

Which proves that not only are you an idiot in all other areas, you are an perfectly unqualified to talk about lowriders. Later, QD.

bdydrpdmazda
11-01-2006, 10:58 AM
I started buying parts last night, I got my 4 link rear suspension and some steel tubing and metal to build my c notch in the rear. Im gonna be getting the shit for my suicide doors in a couple weeks and my wife is buying me the bags in December, shit should really start moving right along now.

never_finished
11-02-2006, 01:37 PM
cool project man, truck looks really clean/well kept.

lowriders = 64's, regals, cutlass etc. on hydros and 100 spokes.

your building a minitruck :goodjob:

bdydrpdmazda
11-02-2006, 01:48 PM
^^thanks, yeah mini trucks are a class in their own.

N/A EK
11-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Cool project car.

bdydrpdmazda
11-02-2006, 01:58 PM
thanks

bdydrpdmazda
11-15-2006, 07:24 AM
just bought my spindles for the front end so now I have all the parts I need to get the front and back down on the ground where it belongs, except the airbags, my wife is buying me those for christmas or I would have already bought them. shit should come together real soon after i get home.

bdydrpdmazda
08-30-2007, 03:13 PM
here is where the Mazda is at right now

bdydrpdmazda
08-30-2007, 03:19 PM
The rear of the truck is already c nothched and the leaf springs, exhaust,2 crossmembers, brakes, dash, seats, and interior are removed as well. Ill get some more pics too.

never_finished
08-30-2007, 05:50 PM
awesome man....lovin the pic with the sti :lmfao:

kfzemx3
08-31-2007, 09:59 AM
lawn mower didnt have enough torque lol looking good man!

bdydrpdmazda
09-02-2007, 02:36 PM
lawn mower didnt have enough torque lol looking good man!

Yeah, the mower just couldnt cut it.