PDA

View Full Version : RHD 300zx Convertible?????

Z32redondo
10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Ya so i was at Z1 the other day and was talking to them about engine swaps and front clips and whatnot. The guy actually showed me the clips they have there and they were all RHD. I knew they tested there engines in japan then cut the car and sent it over to the US. But I didnt realize that, that is basically all i would need is a front clip. What do you guys think a twin turbo RHD convertible 300zx. It sounds pretty cool to me but would it be legal? I know that there are certain cars that can be in the U.S. that are RHD, cause when i was buying a car they said i couldnt bring a twin turbo RHD MKIII supra in from canada. So do you guys know anything that could help or maybe a list of cars that can be RHD in the U.S.? It just seems way to easy to be legal but then again i dont see why it would not be. I mean it has all the emissions as a U.S. car just a different side of the car you sit on. But if it were legal then why havent i seen any RHD Z's???

quickdodge®
10-19-2006, 07:28 PM
But if it were legal then why havent i seen any RHD Z's???

Because they are harder to drive and the insurance is double. Later, QD.

Bballjamal
10-19-2006, 07:31 PM
no1 is cool enough to drive a RHD Z......period x6

CiViC-GTR
10-19-2006, 07:39 PM
that shit is dope, i needa get my civiC to rhd. mad JDM si yo

Z32redondo
10-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Because they are harder to drive and the insurance is double. Later, QD.

AHHHHH

no1 is cool enough to drive a RHD Z......period x6

LMFAO

Z32redondo
10-19-2006, 07:47 PM
that shit is dope, i needa get my civiC to rhd. mad JDM si yo

Dude...no :no:...and im not doing it for the MaD TyTe JdM look. I would do it because it would be a unique car, i mean even more unique then it would be with the twin turbo swap. Convertibles didnt come twin turbo in the U.S. So seeing a twin turbo conv. 300 would be rare (other than at Z1) but a RHD twin turbo. Would be something that no one else had. And if someone did have it, there wouldnt be many with it. So make your jokes all you want Im just looking to make my car unique that will make it mine and not like ll the other Z's around.

BTW Im probably not going to do it now that i know the insurance would double...Thanks for the tip QD

wantboost
10-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I would rather be like everyone else lol. There is a reason you dont see alot of them ;)

Bballjamal
10-19-2006, 08:10 PM
plus shit is super expensive! Pedal swappage, running new linkage, TT swap alone, etc! I remember you having a hard time thinking about paying for a TT swap, so I know the TT + RHD would be a PITA 4 u and many others! If you could do everything @ home in the garage though, go for it!

Z32redondo
10-19-2006, 08:45 PM
My dad has done engine swap before...LOTS old 911 porche, corvette alot of muscle cars mostly. Also a manuel to auto swap on a camaro. Made a hard top trans am a t-top trans am once. Thats just a little of what he's done. So its not like I dont have someone here that cant help me. I got a friend that can fabricate also. Then snail said he had a buddy that could hook me up with the TT swap so, IDK probably not any time soon. But for sure the TT swap comes first.:boobies:

thinkfast®
10-20-2006, 10:55 AM
insurance wouldnt double lol.. quick was givin you shit

Doppelgänger
10-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Right hand drive is illegal in 51 lower states, only mail trucks and gheyDM fags are allowed passes to have RHD. Skylines are the only exception of government issued RHD certificates because someone in Congress' sons friends uncles 3rd cousin had one and they thought it was cool so the gov't made it OK.

thinkfast®
10-20-2006, 11:37 AM
51 states huh, and why they gotta be lower