PDA

View Full Version : ANNUAL CANNONBALL POKER RUN 2007

TNKYTUNERS
10-19-2006, 04:49 PM
ANNUAL CANNONBALL POKER RUN 2007

So, Im sure that the title is what brought most of whoever of you that are looking at this. (Wow I think I lost brain cells reading/typing that)

Anyway, Ive been thinking I want to do something thats an event that will bring people to the site more and help put the name out there.

What better way to do this than a good ol fashion poker run? right? Mike and I are working the details out when we get more rules and stuff together we will post them here is what we have come up with so far...

1) Entry fee - $20 for the driver $10 for the radio/navigation person (this person is required/mandatory) total is $30 to enter.

2) $10 per passenger in the car, other than the driver and radio person.

3) Each vehicle will be required to carry a working 2way radio and/or cell phone (that works)

4) Each vehicle will be given a set of driving directions, you are not required to follow the given route, but it is highly reccomended.

5) Each vehicle (driver/all passengers) is required to sign a waiver of release, stating...that TNKYtuners is not responsible for any tickets/traffic violations etc.

6) Have fun!! Enjoy the scenery, its a mountain drive from what I have been told.

START-LOUISVILLE, KY (PAPA JOHN'S STADIUM???)
1ST STOP-BOWLING GREEN, KY (CORVETTE MUSEUM???)
2ND STOP-NASHVILLE, TN (TITANS STADIUM???)
***LONGEST LEG OF RUN FROM Nashville to Knoxville***
3RD STOP-KNOXVILLE, TN (DUNNO YET!?!?)
END-DEALS GAP/THE TAIL OF THE DRAGON

WWW.TAILOFTHEDRAGON.COM (http://www.tailofthedragon.com/)
What do ya'll think???

** And remember, the more cars we have the bigger the prize money!! **

$30 x 100cars = 3grand
3grand -2grand for prize money
(1st-$1,000 2nd -$750 3rd -$250)
Tthe last 1grand goes to the site for BBQs and Tshirts and Stickers, etc.)

So if we get 200cars, think of what the amount for 1st place will be http://s4.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s4.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif

Who all is interested in this? Lets get a list going.

Dominic49
10-19-2006, 05:03 PM
word

Dominic49
10-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (3 members and 0 guests)
Dominic49, keebler, TNKYTUNERS

we all know keebler is down for a roadtrip....

Keebs ð¿ð
10-19-2006, 05:21 PM
I would be interested in this, what is the time span? and how would you go about arriving/leaving the sites/stops?

Keebs ð¿ð
10-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (3 members and 0 guests)
Dominic49, keebler, TNKYTUNERS

we all know keebler is down for a roadtrip....

LOL, I've been wanting to do a gumball/cannonball run for quite some time :goodjob:

Bballjamal
10-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Hey Chris, I didn't know it was an actual poker run! I remember that group back up in seattle used to run through Mt St Helen and Rainer poker run style! They actually timed them and everything, you know who I'm talking about? They rode around with the homemadeturbo guys! But yea, hit me up man, car should be back up and running by then, and i'm not sliding off the corners anymore :ninja:

TNKYTUNERS
10-19-2006, 05:31 PM
the time frame is march or april the final date where sitting down and discussing as of right now so i should have it in a week or 2. with the stops we will meet in louisville,ky on the date and have check in along with a drivers meeting. then at the stops we have everyone check in and accounted for a 10-20 mins for a break and then start onto the next stop.

TNKYTUNERS
10-19-2006, 05:36 PM
i dont know if your looking for chris garrett. hes in iraq. my names kyle im here whoring on his behalf.

Keebs ð¿ð
10-19-2006, 05:36 PM
So basically, you write down the time each driver leaves the starting line and the time they arrive at the checkpoint. After everyone is at the checkpoint, you let the drivers leave and write down the time they left that checkpoint and the time they arrive at the next. At the finish line you just add the times up and whoever had the quickest time wins? or how is that going to work?

Bballjamal
10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
i dont know if your looking for chris garrett. hes in iraq. my names kyle im here whoring on his behalf.

sh1ft2Xlr8 is who I'm looking for! Thought this was him posting since I referred to him to IA like 3hrs ago!

TNKYTUNERS
10-19-2006, 07:25 PM
YEA thats chris he sent me here on behalf of him

TNKYTUNERS
10-19-2006, 07:27 PM
So basically, you write down the time each driver leaves the starting line and the time they arrive at the checkpoint. After everyone is at the checkpoint, you let the drivers leave and write down the time they left that checkpoint and the time they arrive at the next. At the finish line you just add the times up and whoever had the quickest time wins? or how is that going to work?

not exactlly at the start each stop and the finish the driver gets a poker card and the one with the best hand wins

Z32redondo
10-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Hmmm I may be in...Hopefully by then i will have a nice collection of scanners/ jammers...lol

Keebs ð¿ð
10-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Oh okies, do the drivers get to pick the card as they arrive or are they just randomly given a card? I'm still trying to understand how the poker runs works as far as other gumball runs work. Whats the advantage of getting to the checkpoints/finish first?

TNKYTUNERS
10-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Oh okies, do the drivers get to pick the card as they arrive or are they just randomly given a card? I'm still trying to understand how the poker runs works as far as other gumball runs work. Whats the advantage of getting to the checkpoints/finish first?
you get to pick the card at random and at each check point the card is recorded with your driver no. to help prevent cheating. right now there is no advantage to getting to the checkpoints first but we might change that but not sure yet

toonz
10-19-2006, 09:47 PM
hmmm Im down but we start in KY and end in Tenn. so that means all IA will have to drive to KY to start that's gonna be the hard part

Hektik
10-19-2006, 10:23 PM
We did something like this when i was in VA it was a blast but we did keep it within the state so that people wouldnt have to drive to far. bassically we just went from shop to shop all the sponsors of the site we had there were the stops we had. awesome time

JDMJAYDC2
10-19-2006, 10:55 PM
this does sound like a good time but like someone said driving to ky just to start would be the hardest part if it was only in ga then i would def be down

Hektik
10-19-2006, 11:09 PM
well shit lets do one in GA also for us who cant drive out of state

Sibious
10-19-2006, 11:54 PM
dude that sounds fun ass shit. i would be down but ky is alil out of reach. bball( you lived in wa)

Sushi
10-20-2006, 01:00 AM
=/ I cant leave the state ethier. Probation sux!

RandomGuy
10-20-2006, 01:13 AM
LIRL if team g54b rolled thru, we'd SO dominate hahah, not even joking... Haha

Keebs ð¿ð
10-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Hmm I'm down regardless. Keep me up-to-date, So who wants to be a co-pilot/radio man?

Specsteve
10-20-2006, 02:00 AM
TNKY I dont know if you remember or not, but I spoke to you a few weeks ago over on www.thevboard.com about this run, and ironically I was actually going to make a thread on this forum with a link for the guys here to see and ran into your thread in the process!

I still plan on attending this, and was going to say, any of the guys here who would want to get a group of cars together and head up there as a group, I would be down. It is just going to be my roommate and myself going and should probably take about 6 hours I think?

But ya, I am really excited none the less, and to whoever said lets make a GA run, I would be down for that as well!

Shift2xlr8
10-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Whats up everyone?! Im Chris, the owner of TnKytuners.com and Kyle I see has done a great job to get our name out there. Anyway, I am here to answer any unanswered questions that you all have so go for it..post up anything that you are curious to know as far as details on the run, most of what Kyle said is 98% true as far as dates and things go. We are not sure just yet on the specific weekend, because I realize that not everyone can take off a weekend and drive to KY or whatever for an event.

Someone said a few posts back that they wanted to know what the benefit was to getting to the check points first...the advantage is...there are going to be a hell of a lot more cards to choose from instead of settling for what is left over. We don't plan on recording times between checkpoints, however we may do this just for record sake, so we know how long it takes the average driver inbetween stops.

I noticed that several of you are iffy on driving all the way to KY for the run, to touch on this subject, look at it this way...so far we have this poker run posted on almost 40 different sites and are getting more drivers interested each week, Kyle alone has brought in 10drivers in the last 6days.

The entry fee as posted will be $30, so for those of you...not so gifted in Math...30 x (a shit load of cars) = several thousand dollars. If we have 200cars, we will have $6,000 meaning....that some of the money will be used for Tshirts and Stickers for those of you that want them and will go to pay for other events we host in the future....HOWEVER!!!....I plan on using the majority of the money for prize money...so if you were having doubts on why you should drive all the way up to KY to do the poker run...Id say having the chance to win a large amount of prize money would be reason enough. If you need more incentive then just let me know and we will figure something out for you. I suggest for those of you that do not wish to drive all the way to KY you are MORE THAN WELCOME to join us at Tail of the Dragon on Sunday morning and run up and down the mountain with us and just chill and hang out. Im going to look into buying some BBQ-able items like hotdogs and burgers for everyone (god I feel sorry for the cook, lol) So that we can feed everyone at the mountain.

Sorry for such a long post, hope this helps answer any questions you may have had or things that may have been on your mind.

PS -
the summer time we should get together with the staff from this site and do a joint-site event and see how big of a turn out we get...maybe do another poker run from ATL to Nashville or something. That way its not soo far for ya'll.

Chris
www.tnkytuners.com

Bballjamal
10-20-2006, 03:56 PM
dude that sounds fun ass shit. i would be down but ky is alil out of reach. bball( you lived in wa)

Yea, born here but ended up in Seattle/Tacoma,WA for a year and met and hung out with Chris (from TnKYtuners) while he lived up there too!

And Chris, we don't do stickers down here like you seattle folk..... :lmfao:

Keebs ð¿ð
10-20-2006, 04:00 PM
If you guys can organize it, I would be willing to do a cannonball/gumball/poker run atleast 4-5 times a year. Keep me posted

Keebs ð¿ð
10-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Well heres what I think, if this is being advertised between 40 states and you think it will have a large turnout (150+ cars) then you should work to get sponsors. with that many cars have 10-15 camera men (anything from household video cameras to top $$$ cameras) record the entire event. Have a few editors who would willing to make a dvd compilation out of the event. With that kind of media and exposure, sponsors would jump at the chance. Now that you have sponsors you can expand the event, perhaps a rally coast to coast, sponsors pay for the food for the drivers, sponsors pay for the hotel expenses, etc. Only real catch is they would want their stickers on everyone's cars. But at the same time, the prize pool will be larger, plus all expenses paid, I'd be willing to put a sponsors sticker on the skyline.

Shift2xlr8
10-21-2006, 02:22 AM
Its not posted in 40states...40 SITES...websites. Theres a list of all of them on the site, if I manage to find it Ill post it on here so if anyone is on those sites.

And Keebler did you say you have a Skyline? Which one? R32/33/34?

To touch on the sponsors and camera men...yes I agree...I dont remember who it was but we are going to try to get some sponsors for the event. Mike, our Events guy, is going to try and get some tire sponsors and Kyle and I are going to work over the Nashville area. But if anyone knows of any businesses or companys that you think would be interested in this, then please feel free to post it up and let us know. It would help out a ton. And who would put sponsor stickers on their cars? I would. I know pretty much everyone of the staff members of my site would, and most of the members.

PS - If anyone wants to talk bout this more then feel free to IM me on any of my messenger names.

Chris

~The_Duke~
10-21-2006, 02:52 AM
Hmm I'm down regardless. Keep me up-to-date, So who wants to be a co-pilot/radio man?

Do I get part of the winnings...lol

Keebs ð¿ð
10-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Do I get part of the winnings...lol

You've seen my driving on the interstate, are your balls that big? :lmfao: :goodjob:

Shift2xlr8
10-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Question is Brian...why are you asking about mens balls? ;)

Chris
www.tnkytuners.com

GIXXERDK
10-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Cannonball run through the Gap? Thats an accident waiting to happen, not to mention the angry motorcyclists

~The_Duke~
10-21-2006, 06:13 PM
You've seen my driving on the interstate, are your balls that big? :lmfao: :goodjob:

If I get 1000 dollars cas of your crazy ass driving...damn skippy I got some cannon balls down there :goodjob:

Just remember I was only about 4 car lengths back while you were doing that...

Dominic49
10-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Well heres what I think, if this is being advertised between 40 states and you think it will have a large turnout (150+ cars) then you should work to get sponsors. with that many cars have 10-15 camera men (anything from household video cameras to top $$$ cameras) record the entire event. Have a few editors who would willing to make a dvd compilation out of the event. With that kind of media and exposure, sponsors would jump at the chance. Now that you have sponsors you can expand the event, perhaps a rally coast to coast, sponsors pay for the food for the drivers, sponsors pay for the hotel expenses, etc. Only real catch is they would want their stickers on everyone's cars. But at the same time, the prize pool will be larger, plus all expenses paid, I'd be willing to put a sponsors sticker on the skyline.

If y'all need production crew me and a bunch of friends have a studio and would most likely be willing to lend our skills on the editing and provide a few camera men...

Shift2xlr8
10-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Ya I am interested, I added your screen name on AIM whenever I see you on Ill hit you up.

And the run through deals gap, I dont see it being a issue, granted Ive never been up there, but I know people that have and said its not that bad. And I dont think the bikers will mind us being up there...it is afterall a public mountain and open to anyone, unless some of the cars act like fags then I can see that being annoying. But I believe statistics show that the majority of deaths are all from bikes.

PS - is that you on that red and black gixxer? if so..what year and size is it?

Chris
www.tnkytuners.com

jhontens
10-26-2006, 08:43 AM
put me on the list, but one of these days we should do one in GA