PDA

View Full Version : Misc Working out- i don't get it...

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 12:26 PM
i dont get the concept of working out... when you work out you lose weight cuz the fat burns... well the fat burns from everywhere... and not only a particular area right? or is it that it burns only that part that u are working out?

ie. if you work out your abs/stomach is that the only place the fat wil burn from?
or if you work out your legs is that the only place that fat will burn and replace with muscles?

2.0civic
10-18-2006, 12:28 PM
why you concerned bout weight?? you like 65 pounds...

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 12:34 PM
why you concerned bout weight?? you like 65 pounds...

95lbs or less cuz of me fasting for a month... :goodjob: .... nah we were talkin about it in another thread.. my goal is to gain weight.. i havnt gotten over 101lbs... i have a fast metabolism and i need to figure a way to over pass that.. once i do my goal is to weigh like 107lbs.. but me being 5'1.5" i might look a bit chubby.. gaining weight everywhere except my stomach is cool.. i dont want to have like a fat roll around my stomach area.. so i was wondering if i work out my stomach only is it gonna only eat fat from there or everywhere...

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
for the most part yea, b/c thats the purpose of isolating different areas of the body are for. they have different excercises/workouts for different parts of the body. like you see those infomercials that work different parts of the body, they work that part of the body cuz thats what its made for

hmmm i c...

Ericp
10-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Well working out and doing cardio are two different things. When you work out a certain area it does burn off fat but it mainly helps you grow stronger muscles. It mainly helps burn fat in whatever area you're workin out. Now when you get to cardio, that's when you start to burn off mainly fat. So for people tryin to lose weight I recommend starting off with walking or a slow jog. Then eventually work your way up to running. Also doing small workouts as well.
There are plenty of different cardio workouts other than running but that seems to be the most effective to me.

umairejaz
10-18-2006, 12:38 PM
You body burns fat on its own. You have no control over where it losses it.

Fat never turns into muscle, its physically impossible.

To get abs, you must have a very low % body fat... it must be in the single digits.

Ericp
10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
/\
false statements

umairejaz
10-18-2006, 12:41 PM
explain how its false

umairejaz
10-18-2006, 12:42 PM
i.e you cannot spot reduce

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 12:45 PM
darn.

Sammich
10-18-2006, 12:45 PM
/\
false statements

x2

you dnt have to have low percentage body fat..at least not in the single digits.

Sammich
10-18-2006, 12:46 PM

why not:thinking:

Ericp
10-18-2006, 12:48 PM
You're right about you're body burning it's own fat. But saying you have no control over it is false. When you do anyform of physical activity instead of sitting around doing nothing you are helping your body burn fat. Why do you think people tryin to loose weight excersie?
Me and several other of my friends have abs yet most of us are not in the single digit body fat count like you stated before.

umairejaz
10-18-2006, 12:49 PM
why not:thinking:

^ do as many ab workouts you like and work your stomach like hell.... you will never get the fat in the belly to magically turn into muscles and go away on its own.

Ask anyone who actually knows a thing or two about body conditioning and they will all agree... there is no such thing as spot reduction.

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 12:50 PM
i don't want to lose weight over all... i just want to lose weight in a particular section...

umairejaz
10-18-2006, 12:51 PM
You're right about you're body burning it's own fat. But saying you have no control over it is false. When you do anyform of physical activity instead of sitting around doing nothing you are helping your body burn fat. Why do you think people tryin to loose weight excersie?
Me and several other of my friends have abs yet most of us are not in the single digit body fat count like you stated before.

i was refering to you having NO control on WHERE the fat is burned, but yeah i agree with everything u said earlier. i wasnt clear enough, i did go and edit it

Ericp
10-18-2006, 12:54 PM
oh, didn't see that edit. Yeah when you do cardio you burn EVERYTHING. Muscle and fat. So you're right about that.

Frög
10-18-2006, 01:04 PM
im the same way, i cant gain weight.. thats why im about to be on a 4000 callories diet. i just bout a 900 callories protein shake.. take two a days.. + my usual callories :)

con
10-18-2006, 01:06 PM
strength conditioning could possibly help you achieve what you're looking to do, gain weight. muscle weighs more than fat and by toning up you could put on a few positive pounds without pudging up.

umairejaz
10-18-2006, 01:13 PM
but yeah +1 to ericp for knowing his shit

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 01:15 PM
strength conditioning could possibly help you achieve what you're looking to do, gain weight. muscle weighs more than fat and by toning up you could put on a few positive pounds without pudging up.
i'm a girl.. i'd rather have fat weight rather than muscle weight.. except on my stomach...

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 01:17 PM
im the same way, i cant gain weight.. thats why im about to be on a 4000 callories diet. i just bout a 900 callories protein shake.. take two a days.. + my usual callories :)

hmm protein shakes.. i'll try that... i mean i eat alot of meat.. but i dont eat vegies..

The Golden Child
10-18-2006, 01:26 PM
eat your veggies ..

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 01:29 PM
eat your veggies ..

i eat raw carrots once in a while.. I cannot eat any veggies cooked unless it is spinach and potatoes

umairejaz
10-18-2006, 01:30 PM
www.intense-workout.com

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 01:33 PM
thanks guys.. rep'd all except a few:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to umairejaz again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phatboislim again

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to b18hatch again.

dELfONiK
10-18-2006, 02:15 PM
95lbs or less cuz of me fasting for a month... :goodjob: .... nah we were talkin about it in another thread.. my goal is to gain weight.. i havnt gotten over 101lbs... i have a fast metabolism and i need to figure a way to over pass that.. once i do my goal is to weigh like 107lbs.. but me being 5'1.5" i might look a bit chubby.. gaining weight everywhere except my stomach is cool.. i dont want to have like a fat roll around my stomach area.. so i was wondering if i work out my stomach only is it gonna only eat fat from there or everywhere...

Many people would say you're lucky in that you have a fast metabolism... But, trying to overcome that is something that you can't do. Your fast metabolism is most likely a genetic trait that you inherited from your parents... I'm pretty sure they're skinny too.

There are lots of people who can eat and eat and not gain weight, due to their fast metabolisms. There's not really much you can do to slow down your metabolism, especially if you're young, but you can still gain weight... It may take a while, but you can gain.

What is your diet like? I noticed you said you eat a lot of meats... What about carbs?

Oh, and don't worry about the fat just going to your stomach... It wouldn't be that noticable, especially not right away.

The Golden Child
10-18-2006, 02:53 PM
i eat raw carrots once in a while.. I cannot eat any veggies cooked unless it is spinach and potatoes

celery with ranch dressing ??

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 02:54 PM
celery with ranch dressing ??

yup that too...

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Many people would say you're lucky in that you have a fast metabolism... But, trying to overcome that is something that you can't do. Your fast metabolism is most likely a genetic trait that you inherited from your parents... I'm pretty sure they're skinny too.

There are lots of people who can eat and eat and not gain weight, due to their fast metabolisms. There's not really much you can do to slow down your metabolism, especially if you're young, but you can still gain weight... It may take a while, but you can gain.

What is your diet like? I noticed you said you eat a lot of meats... What about carbs?

Oh, and don't worry about the fat just going to your stomach... It wouldn't be that noticable, especially not right away.

dads kinda big.. moms kinda skinny... i eat carbs too..... i don't know what my calorie diet would be... all i know is i eat :)

The Golden Child
10-18-2006, 02:58 PM
yup that too...

so do you like to dip it alot or a little so you dont taste the vegetable ??

LiL PaKi
10-18-2006, 03:00 PM
so do you like to dip it alot or a little so you dont taste the vegetable ??

alot to give it taste...

The Golden Child
10-18-2006, 03:01 PM
alot to give it taste...

to hide the veggie taste you mean ..

Sammich
10-18-2006, 03:08 PM
thanks guys.. rep'd all except a few:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to umairejaz again.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phatboislim again

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to b18hatch again.

u have something else u can give me instead of rep:yes:

Ericp
10-18-2006, 03:17 PM
a buddy of mine was havin trouble gainin muscle weight as well, so one of the trainers from our gym told him to eat 4 to 5 meals a day. Plus 2 protein shakes as well. Doing that would good daily excercise should give you the results you're lookin for.

GIXXERDK
10-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Take some weight gainers

{X}Echo419
10-24-2006, 08:16 AM
i dont get the concept of working out... when you work out you lose weight cuz the fat burns... well the fat burns from everywhere... and not only a particular area right? or is it that it burns only that part that u are working out?

ie. if you work out your abs/stomach is that the only place the fat wil burn from?
or if you work out your legs is that the only place that fat will burn and replace with muscles?

Cardio burns fat only after a certian amount of time of said cardio activity.

Weight training burns fat during weight training AND for quite awhile after. b/c your muscles use the energy from the fat to rebuild themselves.
(I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE NOW. SO DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY)

if you want to kill some fat AND gain/stay even(depends on your body composition now) weight. I would suggest training with weights AND after do some cardio(15-20 minutes). muscle weighs more than fat so @ 1st you'll probally lose a few pounds due to the rapid fat loss. then start putting on a few lbs due to the muscle gain or not. that depends on how much fat you have now and how much muscle you gain. :2cents:

ShooterMcGavin
10-24-2006, 09:00 AM
www.intense-workout.com
good post, repped

WINDSOR
10-27-2006, 06:33 PM
i'm a girl.. i'd rather have fat weight rather than muscle weight.. except on my stomach...

you don't want fat weight unless you want a big ole butt (which i guess may not be that bad..lol)...its ugly and takes up a lot of space. Muscle weighs more and takes up a lot less space...don't think if you lift weights you are going to build some big muscles or something. For women you will just firm up whatever muscle you have.

As some others have said you CAN'T spot reduce fat as a permanent thing. I used to weigh like 200 lbs and lost about 45 lbs over a long period of time doing weight training/aerobic exercise though i'm trying to get back to around 170 lbs with more muscle by eating a lot more through the day.