PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 22nd. Auto-X @ Gwinette fair grounds

fawk_you
10-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Run in the AM or afternoon. www.soloatlanta.com for registration. I might suggest if you have never ran before to run TIME ONLY. (TO1) If you have any questions please ask me. I am by no means a professional at this.... or have been to a ton of events. But I know I have asked for help and everyone has been helpful to me. Trying to do the same.

I hope to see some new faces out. :D

happyhooder
10-17-2006, 09:02 PM
i need some tires to do this event... but keep us updated on any future events... i know i will join the fun...

~The_Duke~
10-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Damn skippy...

Should I run in CStock this time?

Black R
10-17-2006, 09:05 PM
did you go to the event two weeks ago? i don't recall seeing any IA ppl there.....

btw, if you've never gone before you should run in the NOVICE run group - either morning or afternoon.

~The_Duke~
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I ran in the morning last time, do I have to show up at 8am even if I dont want to run in the morning...

Doppelgänger
10-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Hmmm..there are 2 auto-x's this weekend... GCFG and Cordele..... I could go to cordele and wax the CCR guys with my new toy.. or save the gas and goto GCFG......hmmmm

fawk_you
10-18-2006, 11:57 AM
I went to the one in Cordele 3 weeks ago or so.... placed 2nd in my class. :) Im going to GCFG this time... ive done ride alongs there but havent actually driven. I would go to cordele again however I REALLY dont feel like wasting the gas money right now. And the seat time to get down there.... etc.etc.

Duke, if u did ok- run CStock.

BlackR, I was supposed to make it out but I had just started my new job and was beat so I slept all day instead. lol. Ill be at this one though for sure. I also have some friends from south GA that will be accompany'n me. :)

Black R
10-18-2006, 12:04 PM
I ran in the morning last time, do I have to show up at 8am even if I dont want to run in the morning...

No. If your run group is in the afternoon, just show up at noon. If you're late (morning or afternoon) you won't get to run.

Everyone, please make sure you pre-register online. If you don't, you won't be able to run AT ALL.

www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com)

-hth

fawk_you
10-18-2006, 12:16 PM
No. If your run group is in the afternoon, just show up at noon. If you're late (morning or afternoon) you won't get to run.

Everyone, please make sure you pre-register online. If you don't, you won't be able to run AT ALL.

www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com)

-hth
Good man. Thanks.

~The_Duke~
10-18-2006, 03:04 PM

www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com/)

-hth

I know I went last time :goodjob:, I was just confused on afternoon and morning registion and how it work...I asked my co-worker bout it and now I am not confused...

Elbow
10-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Really wanna take the hatch out but dont think I can :( X 10000

~The_Duke~
10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
You should come...

I mean I am poor as hell til the 27th and hope I dont get locked up for not being able to pay my speeding ticket on the spot on tuesday...you can do it :goodjob:

Elbow
10-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Haha might, just got the car, my EP CRX is not done I would just run time only.

Elbow
10-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Ok Ok I registered in case. :)

~The_Duke~
10-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Ok Ok I registered in case. :)

:goodjob: good...

CS is short for CSTOCK isnt it ?

Black R
10-18-2006, 08:17 PM
To those confused about the registration process:

Please go to http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx and click "login" to set up an account with email addy and a password.

Then click on the calendar/ calendar view, select OCTOBER, and then look at Sunday 8/22. Click on the icon next to ATL (AX) that looks like a notepad and pen. This will get you started on registering. Make sure you get all the way to the confirmation page and you'll be all set. :)

If you want to check what run group or times/ locations for the events, you can check here: http://soloatlanta.com

Elbow
10-18-2006, 10:08 PM
If my GF wants to run my Civic also can we register it in TO2 as well? When does TO1 run and when does TO2 run??

~The_Duke~
10-18-2006, 10:09 PM
I know I ran TO1 last time and it was in the morning...I would assume TO2 runs in the afternoon...

Elbow
10-18-2006, 10:11 PM
That would work, thanks!

Sport1.3
10-18-2006, 10:21 PM
ill be there as always, wishing my motor would just swap itself in lol....definitly if you're new to it, run Novice. Walk the course more than twice, listen to the instructors, and get as many ride ons and ride alongs as possible. if you need to meet some of the whos who lemme know, i know most all the regulars and the chairman is a good old mazda buddy of mine, as well as most all the Team solo members/instructors.

Elbow
10-18-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm not new, it has just been a year :( miss it!!!

fawk_you
10-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Ill see everyone out, CANT WAIT! :bump:

~The_Duke~
10-20-2006, 03:16 PM
What is the adberveation for CSTOCK when you register online?

Sport1.3
10-20-2006, 03:19 PM
^ CSP

or simply CS

~The_Duke~
10-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I think CSP is another class though...I was thinking it was CS, but I thought I should prolly ask before doing...

Sport1.3
10-20-2006, 03:40 PM
CSP is prepared idk what your car qualifies for lol

~The_Duke~
10-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Well it is a Spec V, with a rear sway bar. It might have a front one on by this weekend though depending on the mail...

I looked around for it the other day, is there a place where I can find the specs for each one of the classes...

Sport1.3
10-20-2006, 03:49 PM
STS unless you are running R-comps....normally stock classes dont allow for additional non factory sway bars...like ES (my old class) i was only allowed to replace the factory front sway bar with a slightly larger one, because my car doesnt come with a rear one factory

~The_Duke~
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
STS? what does that one stand for?

Sport1.3
10-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Street touring S

Sport1.3
10-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Soloatlanta.com join and ask on the forums...they will be able to help you find you exact class...i woud say STS, but im not possitive... but my protege with fr/rr swaybars was deemed STS back when

also does you car come factory LSD? if so that changes it to STX

~The_Duke~
10-20-2006, 04:13 PM
lol wonderful...this is going to get complacatied...ya it is LSD from the factory...hmmm

Sport1.3
10-20-2006, 04:36 PM
LSD and the sway bars=STX...same as the Mazdaspeed proteges

~The_Duke~
10-20-2006, 04:37 PM
I am not sure I should step it up that much for my 2nd time out though...lol

Sport1.3
10-20-2006, 04:43 PM
dont be a pussy lol....my very first time in class(STS) i got 2nd in a field of 12 cars in my class in a NA protege lol. i was beat by a pro solo team member in a Prelude by .7X secs. you can do it man!

btw i posted this on Soloatlanta to find out a definite answer for you..thank me later...personal mouth hugs welcome...lmao

~The_Duke~
10-20-2006, 04:56 PM
Ya I just registared for the forums, but I am at work and registered for it with my gmail address which I cant get to at work...

You try to give me a mouth hug, you will be hugging my fist with your mouth lol JK

But ya thanks for the help, you going to be out there this sunday?

No guts, No glory I just hope my Front sway gets here either today or tomorrow...I should have ordered it sooner lol

Sport1.3
10-20-2006, 04:59 PM
ill be watching...my car is in a state of "POS" now...waiting on a new motor

and you will have to be giving the "personal" mouth hugs buddy...cuz i aint gay lol

~The_Duke~
10-20-2006, 05:01 PM
ill be watching...my car is in a state of "POS" now...waiting on a new motor

and you will have to be giving the "personal" mouth hugs buddy...cuz i aint gay lol

aight I am not gay either...I will however shake your hand :goodjob:

I would like a rider to point out where I am fucking up :D

Ya they are saying because of the type of LSD that I have I will be running STX...no guts, no glory...I am signed as STX #25...

Sport1.3
10-20-2006, 11:56 PM
aight I am not gay either...I will however shake your hand :goodjob:

I would like a rider to point out where I am fucking up :D

Ya they are saying because of the type of LSD that I have I will be running STX...no guts, no glory...I am signed as STX #25...

haha yeah i was just given you a hard time man lol. i figured STX was were its at! ill try and make it out early to the event and ill let you know who should ride along with ya! or if nothing else maybe i can give you a few pointers to at least shave some sec off and make for cleaner runs...later man and GL

Sushi
10-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Ill be there watching. Cant pass tech inspection =/ Wheel Bearing. Will be watching my friend kristen in the 97 rice civic. =) are spectators still free?

Sport1.3
10-21-2006, 12:06 AM
yep!

Sushi
10-21-2006, 12:07 AM
sweet. see you there.

Nemesis
10-21-2006, 02:12 PM
ill be running, come say hey tommorrow peeps

GT'sFinest
10-21-2006, 04:32 PM
wheres the location for this meet?

~The_Duke~
10-21-2006, 06:16 PM
It is at the G-net fairgrounds, but I believe it is to late to register...

Nemesis
10-21-2006, 07:37 PM
It is at the G-net fairgrounds, but I believe it is to late to register...

Registration closes at tonight at midnight.

~The_Duke~
10-21-2006, 08:08 PM
I could have sworn it said 6pm on saturday, but you are prolly right...

Dominic49
10-21-2006, 08:56 PM
my car is too loud... I would just get Dqed....

~The_Duke~
10-21-2006, 09:00 PM
why dont we put the muffler back on it tonight...I have to stay at work til 3am though...debaiting on wither or not to go home and take a nap...

fawk_you
10-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Its amazing to know that 2 hours of sleep could hurt your concentration/skill that much. I ran a perfect first run taking it easy. DNF'd the last 3. LOL. :(

happyhooder
10-22-2006, 06:10 PM
^ that is why i hate naps... specially when waking up from one when the sun is setting and you think it's morning... that freak me out one day b/c i had a deadline in the morning...

you DNF on the last 3 runs? that sucks but you were pushing it weren't you??? gotta right?

fawk_you
10-22-2006, 06:26 PM
^ that is why i hate naps... specially when waking up from one when the sun is setting and you think it's morning... that freak me out one day b/c i had a deadline in the morning...

you DNF on the last 3 runs? that sucks but you were pushing it weren't you??? gotta right?
heh, I slept 2 hours, my friend ran in the AM.... I wrapped up and slept on my friends back seat he has stripped out of his SRT... woke up did my session... first run I didnt push it... did great and got a decent time. (no cones/dnf) The next 2, I pushed it and hit like 2 cones in the slalom and got mad at myself and lost all concentration. LAST run I did fine then just forgot the course cause we had to wait so long.... lol I pushed it blaring my music got some nice sideways action going. :goodjob: :bump: Wished someone had gotton pix. :cough: :cough:

happyhooder
10-22-2006, 08:26 PM
heh, I slept 2 hours, my friend ran in the AM.... I wrapped up and slept on my friends back seat he has stripped out of his SRT... woke up did my session... first run I didnt push it... did great and got a decent time. (no cones/dnf) The next 2, I pushed it and hit like 2 cones in the slalom and got mad at myself and lost all concentration. LAST run I did fine then just forgot the course cause we had to wait so long.... lol I pushed it blaring my music got some nice sideways action going. :goodjob: :bump: Wished someone had gotton pix. :cough: :cough:

the tunes must of been real good for you to push that hard... what were you playin?

i want to join the fun now... too bad i was working today... i should have my car ready for the autoX by spring time... you know where i can see in what class my car will fit under?

Sport1.3
10-23-2006, 09:33 AM

Explaination? *Woman Driver*

lol jk dude, your first run was pretty good!! :goodjob: ...i tryed texting you yesterday when we were heading out...i think you were staging...anyway we found a Dryer and had to leave asap to go pick it up! FREEBEE!!! lol now we can dry our clothes the 20th century and beyond way haha.

on your driving i did notice a few things, which were my biggest hang ups as well (most drivers really). first, when you are transitioning into a corner (turning), you should already be looking at the next turn. i.e. always looking ahead. this is one of the most important things you can train yourself to do! next would simply be get all your breaking done b4 you attack a corner, but do it hard an fast! late breaking+late apex=FastAr lap times!!...then after that its practice practice practice!!! you did really well though.."if you're not hitting cones, you're not pushing it hard enough!".next time im out ill introduce you to some team solo members...wayne Cusson and kevin Boswell could give you great pointers...Kevin even drives a CSP miata...and is the SE Regional Champion! you may have seen it...says "DOPI" on the back and rides on 13's...laterz

Nemesis
10-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Well I would have honestly gone, but some SCCA guy told me not to even bother to show up to GCF if my car is loud. So I took that as a hint and stayed away from the event.

fawk_you
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Explaination? *Woman Driver*

lol jk dude, your first run was pretty good!! :goodjob: ...i tryed texting you yesterday when we were heading out...i think you were staging...anyway we found a Dryer and had to leave asap to go pick it up! FREEBEE!!! lol now we can dry our clothes the 20th century and beyond way haha.

on your driving i did notice a few things, which were my biggest hang ups as well (most drivers really). first, when you are transitioning into a corner (turning), you should already be looking at the next turn. i.e. always looking ahead. this is one of the most important things you can train yourself to do! next would simply be get all your breaking done b4 you attack a corner, but do it hard an fast! late breaking+late apex=FastAr lap times!!...then after that its practice practice practice!!! you did really well though.."if you're not hitting cones, you're not pushing it hard enough!".next time im out ill introduce you to some team solo members...wayne Cusson and kevin Boswell could give you great pointers...Kevin even drives a CSP miata...and is the SE Regional Champion! you may have seen it...says "DOPI" on the back and rides on 13's...laterz

Hey Happy.... I was playing Korn. haha

Thanks for the tips. I just really need more seat time. My last 3 runs woulda been ok if I hadnt had to wait so long... I am pretty sure I forgot alot of the course at that point. (2 hrs of sleep) heh.... but yeah in slow out fast... got all that I tried to remember... and Kevin was parked right beside me. (i meet people just fine.... also talked to a few other members including the carters) I grabbed his number, we are gona go back roading or something and he's gona show me some pointers. So... maybe that would help. My last 2 events were perfect... the one at turner I took 2 seconds off my run every time so... sleep depervation at its best. Im sorta disappointed I wasted 35$. :cry:

~The_Duke~
10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
The only person I saw was fawk_you...if you were there in the afternoon you prolly saw me run and heard my name called over the loud speaker cas I was being a slow ass getting out to shag cones...

Sport1.3
10-23-2006, 04:58 PM
i was only there for a bit...i ended up being really busy after all.....i left after the last red flag where the course workers couldnt find where the slalom cones went lol...

fawk_you
10-23-2006, 04:59 PM
I was there all day and the only people I saw were zack (duke) and danny (sport 20) so

fawk_you
10-23-2006, 05:00 PM
i was only there for a bit...i ended up being really busy after all.....i left after the last red flag where the course workers couldnt find where the slalom cones went lol...
lol... I TOOK THEM ALL! Muahahahahahaha :no: