PDA

View Full Version : you know you're a redneck when...

Ed
10-17-2006, 01:36 PM
YOU GET MARRIED IN A MCDONALDS...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Unluckiest couple" marries on Friday the 13th, live on the radio
LAST UPDATE: 10/13/2006 7:15:32 PM

Story by: Erika Edberg
[email protected]

Being called the "unluckiest couple" is not a distinction most brides and grooms would want. But Friday, radio station K-Bull 93 gave away a free wedding to the couple they felt had had their share of trouble. The only unusual part is it was held in the drive-thru of a McDonald's in Draper.

Together Danni and Jeff Goulding have had a good run of bad luck. It all started when Danni needed a kidney transplant. The man who donated a kidney to Danni was Jeff's father. His father gave Danni a kidney but Jeff gave her his heart, and they were chosen as the "unluckiest couple" to be married live on air with K-Bull radio, in the drive thru at McDonalds.

Danni and Jeff found out just 24 hours before they were to be married, that they had been named the "unluckiest couple," winning not only a drive-thru wedding but matching wedding bands and a honeymoon trip to the Country Music Awards in Nashville. But just because they won the contest doesn't mean their streak of bad luck stopped.

Thursday Jeff took his lunch hour at work to get a marriage certificate, when it took a little too long in his boss's eyes, he got fired.

Danni and Jeff may have had only a few guests serving as a chorus at their wedding, but plenty of hungry egg mcmuffin lovers added to the scene.

Although the couple was freezing, they were excited about their future and both agreed that it could only go up from here. Already their luck is turning. After they announced live on the radio that Jeff had been fired, a stream of employers called in to offer him a job.

Ed
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
OH BTW....

http://www.abc4.com/local_news/featured_websites/story.aspx?content_id=B9F50A24-7A59-4763-8A88-735E40C0C09D

Ran
10-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Wow, that's...actually kinda neat in a way. Sure, getting married at a McDonald's is definitely off, but the fact that they're overcoming so much is pretty cool.

Ed
10-17-2006, 01:43 PM
i suppose but its still trashy...

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-17-2006, 01:54 PM
True rednecks I must say...

ShooterMcGavin
10-17-2006, 02:59 PM
i'm speechless...

Ed
10-17-2006, 03:06 PM
50 years later...

Honey do you remember our wedding?

Of course, I had 3 Mc... what were those called back then?

BigMac Honey, BigMac...

lol