PDA

View Full Version : Walmart [in Morrow] needs to teach their cashier how to speak smart!

ATK_Designs
05-30-2005, 11:18 PM
So I went to walmart tonight, to pick up some Mobil Clean 5000 since Mobil sent me a coupon for 5 free quarts. I went about 20 min before 11PM so I can pick up my mom (also a Walmart employee, in the return department).

So, I show the cashier my coupon. She gives me the suspicous look and here goes the convo:

Me: Is there something wrong?
She: Yes, I haven't seen this before. It looks suspicious.
Me: It's a coupon check from Mobil Oil company, for 5 free quarts.
She: It's strange, I don't think we can accept it.
me: Why? It's a coupon.
She: Let me call a manager.

5 min later, a manager shows up.

Manager: It's my first time seeing this too. Sir, could you please wait a second, let me verify this first?
Me : Sure, but I need to pick up my mom at 11, so can you please be hurry?
Manager: Yes. [and smiled at me] I'll be right back

manager left:

She [cashier]: You think you can come at this hour and try to pull something since there aren't much people here?
Me [with the WTF look]: Excuse me?
She: You're suspicious.
Me: Excuse me, but it's a coupon from Mobil Oil company. Since you don't know anything about it. Please let the manager look at it. Btw, if you read the fine print, like you should, then you should know the instruction says that "retailler, please use this as your regular check deposit"
She: [gave me the whatever look].

Manager came back:

Mgr: Sure, it's valid, but just for security, let me get the store assistant mgr to sign this, so if it's anything wrong, then he responsible. [she turned at me and smile]. Don't worry, we'll get you set.
me: Thanks! [and smiled back]
She [cashier]: Yes, and his mom works here too, so incase anything goes wrong, we can hold her responsible.

Manager left. I looked at the clock, it's 11:05PM
Me: Excuse me? That's kinda insulting, can you please cancel this sale. I need to pick up my mom.
She: Sure, whatever. [then talked to the family behind me in spanish]

I walked out, but stopped by the next cashier and asked another lady what did she say? The lady translated to: "He's such a suspicious guy, and he affraids that the Store assistant mgr will come over so he ran off."

I was so mad so I turned around asked for her name and told her that I would be back later.

15 min later, after took my mom home, I returned to Walmart and spoke to the store assistant mgr and the other associate mgr earlier. They appologized and asked the lady to come to the office.

Cliff Note: I went to buy 5 quarts of Mobile oil with a coupon 20 mins before mom gets off work at Walmart. Cashier insulted me then about my mom. Talked behind my back in Spanish. I took mom home, returned to the store and complained to the Store bosses.

I mean, she can THINK all she wants, but insulting people out loud, that's not right. For me, it's okay, I can ignore it, but she crosses the line when she talks about my mom. No body talks bad behind my family and gets away.

Sorry guys for the rant.

jrobbins30041
05-30-2005, 11:30 PM
hey man congrats on doing the right thing and I agree nobody talks about my mom and gets away with it

RandomGuy
05-30-2005, 11:35 PM
you shoulda told them that she called you a nigger and slapped you

jrobbins30041
05-30-2005, 11:40 PM
yea and thats almost as smart as banging her in front of everyone. Think before u say something, stupid

RandomGuy
05-30-2005, 11:51 PM
it was a joke einstein so STFU

SkrrEuroSportGLI
05-30-2005, 11:53 PM
You shoulda bitch slapped her ass then took your 5 free quarts of oil and took your mom home

ATK_Designs
05-30-2005, 11:58 PM
You shoulda bitch slapped her ass then took your 5 free quarts of oil and took your mom home

Wish I've could. :D But things like this should've taken professionally:D

ruah_23
05-31-2005, 07:46 AM
Wallmart has the worst customer service.That's all I have to say!

JoeCoolinATL
05-31-2005, 11:23 AM
what do you expect when u shop at walmart?

green91
05-31-2005, 11:38 AM
Support small local business when you can. They will take care of you 100000x better than wal-mart ever will

RiceBoy
05-31-2005, 12:13 PM
so did you get the 5 quarts of mobile 1?

jrobbins30041
05-31-2005, 12:23 PM
Support small local business when you can. They will take care of you 100000x better than wal-mart ever will

absolutely

AtlantaImportGuy
05-31-2005, 12:30 PM
I would've asked what the fuck makes me looks so damn suspisious?! And insulted her ass about some shit and still talked to the managers. What a bitch!!!

manchi
05-31-2005, 02:51 PM
What a bitch... You should report to walmart's headquarter. That'll teach that bitch a lesson. btw, where did you get the coupon?? :)

Kristi
05-31-2005, 02:55 PM
i would've bitch slapped her - but thats just me ;)

B16a2 Civic
05-31-2005, 03:04 PM
hmmm....all of you are violent, none of you would have bitch slapped anybody, unless you like jail...you did the right thing but i would have asked her what she said in spanish aqnd ask her what makes you suspicious....

Greddypacked
05-31-2005, 03:44 PM
You did the right thing, she probably got written up.

ISAtlanta300
05-31-2005, 04:24 PM
You should have put the suspicion back on her....

Her: "You look so suspicious"

You: " you look so like a hooker... didn't I see you at the truck stops before? How much do you charge again?"

down_shift
05-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Wal-Mart is the worst. Bad service and bad company policies.
http://www.walmart-blows.com