PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Question

Hulud
10-16-2006, 09:29 AM
when you want to give someone your old ipod do you have to "deactivate" it off your computer?

how would i go about making it so someone else can use it on their computer

reps for correct answer

Spyder
10-16-2006, 09:46 AM
The awnser isnt one you will like, it is possible to just hand it to someone and let them use the ipod as it is, you can not add songs if it has been syncronized with your computer. For them to add songs or begin to use it as if it were their own they have to basically reformat it... Itunes is more then happy to do that for you when you hook it up to a new computer. There is no way for them to be able to add songs to it from their collection... unless..

Unless you purposely set yours up like I did where you click the "I will manage my own music" this is a great option because I can now plug my Ipod into ANY computer that has Itunes and simply drag and drop ANY music onto my Ipod.

Also if you are smart enough you can pull music off the Ipod and store it on your HD... :)

ATK_Designs
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
The awnser isnt one you will like, it is possible to just hand it to someone and let them use the ipod as it is, you can not add songs if it has been syncronized with your computer. For them to add songs or begin to use it as if it were their own they have to basically reformat it... Itunes is more then happy to do that for you when you hook it up to a new computer. There is no way for them to be able to add songs to it from their collection... unless..

Unless you purposely set yours up like I did where you click the "I will manage my own music" this is a great option because I can now plug my Ipod into ANY computer that has Itunes and simply drag and drop ANY music onto my Ipod.

Also if you are smart enough you can pull music off the Ipod and store it on your HD... :)

bINGO. :goodjob:

chrisdavis
10-16-2006, 10:03 AM

you can also download a freeware called "Yet Another iPod Manager". It will pull the music library and store a copy on your hd.After using the ipod manager import it to the new itunes and sync the new itunes to the ipod. This will attach the new comp and itunes to the ipod without losiing any music and allows them to add to it. I used it the last time I reformatted my computer.

chrisdavis
10-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Heres the link

http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/

Spyder
10-16-2006, 10:04 AM
you can also download a freeware called "Yet Another iPod Manager". It will pull the music library and store a copy on your hd.After using the ipod manager import it to the new itunes and sync the new itunes to the ipod. This will attach the new comp and itunes to the ipod without losiing any music and allows them to add to it. I used it the last time I reformatted my computer.

That is good information, I have always done it manually.... which sucks ass.

Spyder
10-16-2006, 10:07 AM
I guess since we are in an Ipod topic I should ask a question I have never been able to get figured out... How in the hell do you remove duplicate songs? One day I was clicking around loading music and I somehow moved the same folder twice which had like 200 songs in it... Ipods label each song as a seperate song reguardless of song title.

Is there a way to do this with out moving my music back to my HD and dealing with it from there?

chrisdavis
10-16-2006, 10:13 AM
I guess since we are in an Ipod topic I should ask a question I have never been able to get figured out... How in the hell do you remove duplicate songs? One day I was clicking around loading music and I somehow moved the same folder twice which had like 200 songs in it... Ipods label each song as a seperate song reguardless of song title.

Is there a way to do this with out moving my music back to my HD and dealing with it from there?

I duplicated a few songs one time. I right clicked on them in the library and deleted them and the updated the entire library on my iPod

ShooterMcGavin
10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
i use EphPod, excellent free program to add or take music off an ipod :goodjob:

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-16-2006, 10:33 AM
I use......nvm I dont have an Ipod.

Hulud
10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
so spyder, i dont care about giving the music to bishop, since he has it al already on his comp, but i just wnat to know how he can delete the shit off and resynch it up with his music

t

Spyder
10-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Oh this is for Bishop? Fuck him.

All you have to do is connect it to the other computer, Itunes will ask you if you want to make it sync with that computer basically... Just say yes and it will do its thing for the next... err.. while (depends on how many gigs of music and how new the Ipod is) Itunes is basically a Mac program which means it works well and is easy to use but wont always do what you may want it to do ;)

quickdodgeŽ
10-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Holy shit you're a gay mutherfucker to be walking around with an Ipod. Lolol. Later, QD.

Hulud
10-16-2006, 10:17 PM

yea, what a fag

All you have to do is connect it to the other computer, Itunes will ask you if you want to make it sync with that computer basically... Just say yes and it will do its thing for the next... err.. while (depends on how many gigs of music and how new the Ipod is) Itunes is basically a Mac program which means it works well and is easy to use but wont always do what you may want it to do ;)
thanks man

Hulud
10-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Holy shit you're a gay mutherfucker to be walking around with an Ipod. Lolol. Later, QD.
your just jealous

quickdodgeŽ
10-16-2006, 10:20 PM
No. Later, QD.

Spyder
10-16-2006, 10:27 PM

My Ipod hates you.

ShooterMcGavin
10-17-2006, 08:19 AM
i don't think QD knows what an ipod is, u know how ppl always fear what they don't know/understand... :D

Bishop
10-17-2006, 01:15 PM

so your shitbox is going to buff its self tomorrow? STFU! lol