PDA

View Full Version : MONDAY MORNING POLL!!!!

ahmonrah
10-16-2006, 05:18 AM
ok, it seems that i'm in a bit of a dilema.
here's the background:
dad was former cop/military. due to the stresses he endured on the job as a cop, he advised me against it, though i respect RESPECTFUL LEO'S.
after the southside meet (THANX to the dumbass who FUCKED IT UP!!BITCH...)
went to a deserted place watched a few runs, talked about childhood....i digress...

ne way prior to coming home an officer solicited me/people i was with about joining his force. my ears immediately pricked. told me the requirements/signing bonus/reason his dept needs offices. prior military get hired "instantly" according to him. oh, with free range time/bullets!! for those that seen me, know me and so forth...think i should go for it?

i cant recall the amount of times i hear..."you a cop? wanna be? have you been? you act like a cop..." ne way place your votes......imma talk with my dad about it.

LiL PaKi
10-16-2006, 05:21 AM
Where's the poll :thinking:

I say go for it!

Wurm
10-16-2006, 05:23 AM
you should be a hired henchman instead

ahmonrah
10-16-2006, 05:32 AM
you should be a hired henchman insteadthat seems better! more pay!

pro's about being a cop the way our peeps would look at it:
1) information as to the best places to run, immediate notification of disturbance calls on "meets" and inside lookout!
2) performance car vs. police package vehicle w/no jail time or helicopters!! 2b) i get to tell randomguy "STOP RESISTING!!!" WHILE TAZING HIM. since he stun gunned me!:lmfao:
3) i'll show you my select fire h&k mp5 if i make SWAT, SHOULD I JOIN...

oh yeah....READYMADE SECURITY AT ANY IA.COM SPONSORED EVENT!

cons:

a)i love cars/speed. this scene got started first on the streets, abandoned or deserted streets since tracks werent/arent always available/affordable for some. running from cops is the norm. i could'nt even think of spectating, much less participating.

b) i seen how much stress that job can have on family/relations with anyone. soon as people know your a cop, it's "damn, gotta watch what i do or avoid him, he may bust my ass". or it can cause problems in a relationship.

c) the potential of being involved in life threatening situations increases.

d) prolly working graveyard shift for a while, i prefer having the late night to do my own roaming.

Wurm
10-16-2006, 05:34 AM
you can hook us up with some police gps shit so we can track their cars

umairejaz
10-16-2006, 05:44 AM
i got respect for you man but damn its way to early in the morning to be thinknig about life changing decisions.

ahmonrah
10-16-2006, 05:52 AM
i got respect for you man but damn its way to early in the morning to be thinknig about life changing decisions.ya know!!? i didnt even wanna think of it. but nooooo, mr. officer gotta go and put this shit in my ear....grrrrr!

BTEC
10-16-2006, 06:14 AM
YO, I WAS THINKING BOUT DOING THAT SHIT TOO. LOL!!

BTEC
10-16-2006, 06:15 AM
i got respect for you man but damn its way to early in the morning to be thinknig about life changing decisions.
NO WAY. I THINK ABOUT THAT SHIT 24/7 BC I DNT LIKE WHERE IM AT IN LIFE AND ITS PISSING ME OFF BC SHIT AINT HAPPENING FAST ENOUGH.

ahmonrah
10-16-2006, 06:15 AM
bwahahahahaha!!!!! btec/ahmonrah with a legal license to shoot??

ahmonrah
10-16-2006, 06:34 AM
NO WAY. I THINK ABOUT THAT SHIT 24/7 BC I DNT LIKE WHERE IM AT IN LIFE AND ITS PISSING ME OFF BC SHIT AINT HAPPENING FAST ENOUGH.since i was a tot, i've always wanted to do something like that. well, basically SWAT or, like my sig says.....

SLOWLYbtngU
10-16-2006, 06:36 AM
Honestly if the question arises why not try it?? I am one of those people that likes to just go for shit. Like if I question it, then why not act on it? Go for it!

Halfwit
10-16-2006, 06:41 AM
i think its a good idea, it would be hard for a while (being there new bitch who has to do the traffic shit and stuff, but i think itd be a rly cool job soon as youve been in it a while.

BTEC
10-16-2006, 06:42 AM
GOD POINT. MAYBE I SHOULD STAY ON THR FRKLIFT. LOL!!!!

con
10-16-2006, 06:46 AM
definitely a secure job, once you're in, do your job honestly and by the book and the only way you'll ever leave is if you decide to part ways.

we need more honest and upfront police officers out there. I worked as a correctional officer for a little over a year and a lot of cops that saw me in uniform couldn't understand why I put up with the shit you have to within the walls of a prison. My reply would always be I would rather go hand to hand with someone any day rather than steel to steel. Don't get me wrong a trained gun says a whole lot more than an untrained one. I've been shot at on numerous occassions, once at less than 20 feet, but thank God them niggas probably never been to a range or had a fraction of target practice in there life. I won't comment on the results of their actions........

I actually attempted to join the Gwinnett Co. Sheriff's Dept. but got rejected due to my numerous speeding citations :LIRL: Got a job at Fulton Co. (guess their background history is more forgiving) but a week prior to my start date I was called into an interview at my current job and hired the very next day. It was an easy decision, sit at a desk and rumble with contracts & citizen complaints or always in the streets confronting the criminally insane.
Forgot to mention that the option I chose also has more compensation and other perks.

4dmin
10-16-2006, 06:47 AM
well man it comes down to what you want in life... if it would make you happy to do it; then do it. obviously it doesn't pay like being a lawyer/doctor, but if your happy doing it then do it. someone has too ;)

Brady
10-16-2006, 09:27 AM
mp5's make me happy in the pants.

Tasuki_Civic
10-16-2006, 10:16 AM
:lmfao: imagine all 3 of us.....i dont think that would be a pretty picture...

you know they lookin for female cops :no: 5'3 with a gun and a blk suit

BTEC
10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
:lmfao: imagine all 3 of us.....i dont think that would be a pretty picture...

you know they lookin for female cops :no: 5'3 with a gun and a blk suit
LOL!!! SCARY THOUGHT, U WITH A GUN. THEN AGAIN.... :thinking:

Tasuki_Civic
10-16-2006, 10:27 AM
LOL!!! SCARY THOUGHT, U WITH A GUN. THEN AGAIN.... :thinking:

sexy aint it :yes: LOL jk

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Do what you think is right man. The job isnt the easiest but someones gotta do it.

ahmonrah
10-16-2006, 05:52 PM
i'll be applying in the morn,

VegetaRules
10-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Well, I'll chime in from having to have this situation as well. 1st, true it's a job, & can be rewarding, but there is a flipside to it. Now I applied to be a FireFighter for Fulton Co, passed all the tests, only to have GOD tell me it wasn't for me.

Which really was some asshole telling me he knew I could do it, but he didn't " feel it was what I was supposed to be doing" lol. So I was told since I was in EMT school, to go be a cop. I know some Cops, and they were gonna get me in, in Newnan,APD, & Fayette.

** Let me preface this as to not offend any cops, or people who have family members who are/were cops. Yes not all of them are bad. I'm in noway saying that.**

What I was told, was that if I was a nice guy, don't do it. As a PO you can't be nice, you can't trust anyone, because ANYONE can kill you. When you stop people, and they give you a sad story, you still have to give them tickets,citations ect, regaurdless of how you feel.

Also as an African-American, you will be pressed to be even harder on ethnic groups, so you'll have to ask yourself can you handle that. The rules change when you become a Cop, and serioulsy they don't get paid that much to deal with that type of shyt. lol

You wanna rewarding job, go be a FF, I have a hookup with the LT, & can get you the info needed to do that. Less hassell, less BS, more off days, and more appreciation from normal people, less bullets too.lol :goodjob: ....Vegeta

Brut
10-16-2006, 06:00 PM
i voted for all of them..but i would say join my dad was a military police officer for the air force