PDA

View Full Version : OK, its morality time

lightspeed
10-15-2006, 11:15 PM
OK, here is the scenario:
You are driving in a relatively deserted part of town late one night, and a drunk homeless person wanders out in-front of your car. Unfortunately, you arent paying much attention, and you end up hitting them. You have no idea if they are seriously hurt yet, but you know you were going at least 35 mph and you know something has got to be damaged.
So the question is...and be honest...which one of these 3 thoughts is most likely to go through your mind FIRST?
1. "Oh shit, that drunk asshole probably just dented my hood or fucked-up the front of my car, which I just detailed by-the-way. Now Im going to have to get all this shit fixed before the NOPI show next weekend! What a shithead this guy is."
2. "Oh shit, this drunk asshole just walked right out in-front of me, and now Im probably going to get at least a ticket, or maybe even arrested because of some shithead. Man, my insurance is going to go up too, I bet."
3. "Oh shit, I just hit some innocent person with my car. I really hope they are OK. I need to immediately stop and check on them."

This should be entertaining. Im not tracking responses, so be honest. Its time to see where our priorities really are ;)

MongolPup
10-15-2006, 11:16 PM
MAKE A POLL!

PRiMAdonna
10-15-2006, 11:16 PM
i think that is one of those situations where you really don't know what you would do until you were in that position...

thecrazyone
10-15-2006, 11:17 PM
4. aw shit im gettin the fuck outta here

MongolPup
10-15-2006, 11:18 PM

Ahahahaha excellent.

PRiMAdonna
10-15-2006, 11:19 PM

most likely :yes:
lol...

CSquared
10-15-2006, 11:20 PM
"I really hope the innocent person is alright."

A person drunk enough to walk out in front of a car with realizing is not what i would call innocent.

The Yousef
10-15-2006, 11:21 PM
option 1...

MongolPup
10-15-2006, 11:24 PM
option 1...

Man fuck that. A camel would take VERY little damage from bumping into a drunk.

lightspeed
10-15-2006, 11:27 PM
lol, yeah, i kinda figured that would cross everyone's mind, but Im looking for the first initial respose to the "accident."

The Yousef
10-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Man fuck that. A camel would take VERY little damage from bumping into a drunk.

my camel has anorexia...so the speed attained while hitting the drunk would cause substantial damage to said camel....:goodjob:

wes_297
10-16-2006, 12:57 AM
i would make sure my car was ok then check on the dumbass that walked out infront of a moving car. then drive away laughing

BlkCD5
10-16-2006, 12:58 AM
I'd see if he's alright and then get Maaco

Keebs ð¿ð
10-16-2006, 12:59 AM
I'd see if he's alright and then get Maaco

Uh-oh, better get Maaco LOL

But seriously, I'm one of those people who thinks we should just feed the homeless to the hungry and solve 2 problems with one action. So it probably wouldn't phase me too much if I hit one of them

Fast Shadow
10-16-2006, 01:10 AM
OK, here is the scenario:
You are driving in a relatively deserted part of town late one night, and a drunk homeless person wanders out in-front of your car. Unfortunately, you arent paying much attention, and you end up hitting them. You have no idea if they are seriously hurt yet, but you know you were going at least 35 mph and you know something has got to be damaged.
So the question is...and be honest...which one of these 3 thoughts is most likely to go through your mind FIRST?
1. "Oh shit, that drunk asshole probably just dented my hood or fucked-up the front of my car, which I just detailed by-the-way. Now Im going to have to get all this shit fixed before the NOPI show next weekend! What a shithead this guy is."
2. "Oh shit, this drunk asshole just walked right out in-front of me, and now Im probably going to get at least a ticket, or maybe even arrested because of some shithead. Man, my insurance is going to go up too, I bet."
3. "Oh shit, I just hit some innocent person with my car. I really hope they are OK. I need to immediately stop and check on them."

This should be entertaining. Im not tracking responses, so be honest. Its time to see where our priorities really are ;)

If I was barely paying attention I wouldn't have been able to tell if they were homeless or not. But if I could somehow immediately know for sure that it was a homeless person then #2.

There's no way I'd do the option 4 "get the hell out of there" - if you accidentally hit someone and immediately call the cops you may or may not get into trouble depending on the circumstances. If you accidentally hit someone and then just run you will absolutely be in trouble - "go to prison for murder" kind of trouble. there are so many traffic and security cameras out there now that even if there are no witnesses you'll still get caught if you tried to run.

BlkCD5
10-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Some of those guys will jump out in front of your car on purpose. If they don't die, Grady Memorial Hospital will take them. The hospital takes everyone that doesn't have insurance. Food and a free place to stay. Sad, but true.

Keebs ð¿ð
10-16-2006, 01:14 AM
Some of those guys will jump out in front of your car on purpose. If they don't die, Grady Memorial Hospital will take them. The hospital takes everyone that doesn't have insurance. Food and a free place to stay. Sad, but true.

Well knowing that I will never have guilt if I ever hit one. You just put me in the mentality that hitting them was actually helping out lol. Why feel guilty for hurting them when you can feel good about yourself because you gave them food and shelter. And its nothing out of your pocket because insurance pays for the damages

Fast Shadow
10-16-2006, 01:15 AM

i've had a couple of people try that. on north avenue and ponce around boulevard, in that little block of projects. a few times i've seen people just run out into oncoming traffic obviously hoping to get clipped.

SloWRX
10-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Im going to get points on my license and my insurance is going up

RandomGuy
10-16-2006, 02:40 AM
in all honesty, i'd pick 2, simply because that'd be what runs across my mind. Of course i'd stop and help. but that would be my initial thought. Now say it was someone i knew or cared about, my car/record/insurance would be the last things on my mind.

JustinSane110™
10-16-2006, 02:48 AM
my camel has anorexia...so the speed attained while hitting the drunk would cause substantial damage to said camel....:goodjob:
Probably talking at least a cracked sternum and a dislocated kneecap... :lmfao:

SLOWLYbtngU
10-16-2006, 06:28 AM
WTF is this like I know what u did last summer?

I would hope they are alright...

The Yousef
10-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Probably talking at least a cracked sternum and a dislocated kneecap... :lmfao:

...i don't think they have many aftermarket replacement parts for camels...i have to go OE and that shit is expensive....

Nemesis
10-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Ive always had a weak heart for homeless people. I just imagine it being someone close to me being like that and I fall apart. It could happen to any of us. That homeless person could be someones father, brother, son, etc. I would stop and help in any way I can after calling 911.

hemi
10-16-2006, 10:05 AM
I drive a big truck, front bumper is about chest high, wouldn't worry much about vehicle damage. You would have to stop though. You never know who you just hit, they are still a person. Some of those guys have real tough stories, and some are just shit. When I used to have my business in downtown I talked to a lot of them. I had a few that I would let help out around the bar for a few bucks here and a few bucks there. You start to see the person through the crap after a while, and you feel bad for them...
But then one of them will get froggy and beg you to go upside their head with the Desert Eagle...

DBCooper
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
5. i would get out and finish the job with my baseball bat.

Ran
10-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I'd jump and see if they were okay. I'll call the cops tho and tell them this drunk @sshat jumped in front of me. Seeing as how the bum has no story to tell, being drunk and all, I think I'd be okay considering the circumstances.

~The_Duke~
10-16-2006, 03:33 PM
I would make sure that he was ok then I would drive off while calling the cops telling them that some dude just hit a drunk bum then drove off...making sure to wip off the any drunken bum evedenance from the front of my car...

JustinSane110™
10-16-2006, 05:34 PM
I would make sure that he was ok then I would drive off while calling the cops telling them that some dude just hit a drunk bum then drove off...making sure to wip off the any drunken bum evedenance from the front of my car...
LOL, and even in a worst case scenario just keep one of these bad boys in the trunk. :goodjob: :lmfao:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/JustinSane110/middle_01.jpg

Wurm
10-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Id speed up for a more intense injury

~The_Duke~
10-16-2006, 06:14 PM
LOL, and even in a worst case scenario just keep one of these bad boys in the trunk. :goodjob: :lmfao:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/JustinSane110/middle_01.jpg

Damn where do you get that son bitch at...I need one of those...

I'll have to send the link to CA just in case you runs over another kid...