PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question

blacknightteg
10-15-2006, 01:51 PM
alright, so yesterday in the morning i got a ticket for following too closely. thats not really that part that bothers me. what im concerned with, is the fact that i dont think the cop gave me my license back. is that a normal sometimes?

Also, i was wandering, what might usually be the fine amount for something like this, keep in mind it was in snellville. a few friends n sister have told me about 100 something dollars. also. i have had two speeding tickets that were about 2 and a half years ago, would that maybe have any significance on the out come of my ticket.

i was goin to asked but i totally forgot.

Bruce Leroy
10-15-2006, 01:55 PM
HE kept your license?? I've never heard of a cop doing that. Maybe it was a mistake.

Ruiner
10-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Yes, they sometimes keep your license until you pay the fine and/or show up for court. You can use the ticket as your license I do believe.

Ruiner
10-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Does it say that you surrendered your license on the ticket? I seem to recall a box for that...

Bishop
10-15-2006, 02:02 PM
what im concerned with, is the fact that i dont think the cop gave me my license back. is that a normal sometimes?

lolol how do you not know if the cop gave your license back?

blacknightteg
10-15-2006, 02:05 PM
na, thats what my dad was saying that, im assuming it depends on county or what not. but they sometimes do that and you used the ticket as your license. now the other thing i think i was going to ask, was that, the way he woreded it, he said, you can pay your fine online or at the magestrate, now when he told me that i asked him that since im not 21 if i i still had to go to court because of my of that reason. i think all he did was reiterate(sp??) the thing he said befor. bu im not sure

blacknightteg
10-15-2006, 02:07 PM
lolol how do you not know if the cop gave your license back?

cuz i was tired as fuck dude, and he just handed me shit, that was it. im lookin at my shit right now.and it says

"License displayed in lieu of bail. the box is checked yes, and then it says released to and where there's a blank he wrote copy

Wurm
10-15-2006, 02:12 PM
he stole your shit

dirty pig

Stormhammer
10-15-2006, 02:16 PM
seems like you get your license back when you pay the ticket. Call up the courthouse find out how much it is, then go there to pay it whenever and get your license back

... hell I get clocked doing 24 over and I kept my license... for now :lmao:

blacknightteg
10-15-2006, 03:25 PM
yeah i know, but like what im saying is that i have two prior tickets that were a little under 24 over back like in the summer before my senior year of high school. Now this shit happens i just dont want to loose my shit. n im still tryin to figure out, if i can pay my fuckin fine before the the court date that was posted on my ticket.....do i have to go to the court date?

Stormhammer
10-15-2006, 03:27 PM
I dont think so - just wait a few days, let it go through, call the court and ask the clerky lady - ask her if you can just pay it or do you have to come in for the court regardless

toonz
10-15-2006, 03:53 PM
It's about $110 to 150 and he should've gave you back your license tho

toonz
10-15-2006, 03:54 PM
how did you get caught following to close or were you in an accident

blacknightteg
10-15-2006, 03:57 PM
but again, still the only thing that scares me is the fact of the two tickets that i previously had. now granted, both tickets were in two different jurisdictions(sp?) and they were two years ago....ahhhh i dunno, im trippin out

toonz
10-15-2006, 04:01 PM
so you have tickets pending or never paid prior to he tickets you've recieved yesterday hmmmm they might suspend your L's if you didn't pay those speeding tickets

blacknightteg
10-15-2006, 04:03 PM
no, no i did, i payed both of those tickets as soon as i walked out of the court house....i remember how much they were exactly first one was bout 135 second was 180

toonz
10-15-2006, 04:07 PM
oh ... well your straight man it was probably a mistake or either you miss placed it somewhere but if he has it either they will send it to you in the mail or you can go pick it up

blacknightteg
10-15-2006, 04:27 PM
ok.....least we got that part solve.....but do you normally have to go in front of a judge for accidents? i mean i have a court date posted on the ticket to go to, but is htat just if i want to fight it?