PDA

View Full Version : What you see/heard during summer break

ruah_23
05-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Motor Vehicle Fatality
http://www.scangwinnett.com/images/topics/GwinnettPolice.gif (http://www.scangwinnett.com/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=13)(Monday 05/30/05 @ approximately 01:30AM) Investigators in the Accident Investigation Unit of the Gwinnett County Police Department are currently investigating a motor vehicle fatality that occurred on Simonton Road near Madison Chase Way, which is located in the Lawrenceville area of Gwinnett County.

A 2004 Chevrolet Malibu was traveling east on Simonton road. The driver failed to negotiate the curve, and lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle ran off the roadway, striking several objects off the roadway.

The vehicle was driven by a 16-year-old male, and occupied by his two sisters, a 13-year-old female in the front passenger seat, and a 15-year-old female in the right rear seat. All three siblings reside in Lawrenceville. After the collision, both front seat occupants had no complaints of injury. The rear passenger was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center with life threatening injuries. The 15-year-old female was later pronounced deceased at the hospital, as a result from the injuries she received in the collision.

Both front seat occupants were properly wearing their seat belts. Preliminary investigation indicates the rear passenger was not wearing her seatbelt. The driver of the vehicle is cooperating fully with investigators. Preliminary investigation indicates speed and adverse driving conditions are the major factors in this incident.

As with any motor vehicle fatality, charges are always possible. However, this investigation is ongoing, and whether charges are forthcoming will be determined after further investigation.

Source: Gwinnett County Police

Kids shldn't drive period!

Big Rick
05-30-2005, 07:09 PM
that suxs, don't like reading these stories. people gotta realize the streets ain't the best place to play around especially with passangers in the car.

quickdodgeŽ
05-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Ruah. What does the title of this topic have to do with the subject content? Just curious.

I read about that today in the paper. Fucked up shit. Stupid teenage drivers think they got it under control. Later, QD.

ruah_23
05-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Ruah. What does the title of this topic have to do with the subject content? Just curious.

mhhm....come to think abt it.I don't know....:dunno:

Well I was thinking because kids have no sch in the summer, and you see them a lot in the street doing stupid stuff....

civic95
05-31-2005, 10:59 AM
It's sad. When I was in school every year there was atleast 1 person killed in a car wreck, usually more. No matter how they restrict drivers licenses, teach drivers ed, or have survivors come talk about it, there will always be someone who doesn't listen. It happens not only with teenagers, but also grown adults. They just don't get the medias attention like a teenager does.

ruah_23
05-31-2005, 01:05 PM
It happens not only with teenagers, but also grown adults. They just don't get the medias attention like a teenager does.

Teens crashes rate higher than adult, and they are far more inexperienced. Driver eds, and the requirements are all bullshit. How many parents usually sit with them and teach them for the required hours?Only a few.

Raise the minimum age to 18 is the only way.

Bishop
05-31-2005, 01:47 PM
mhhm....come to think abt it.I don't know....:dunno:

Well I was thinking because kids have no sch in the summer, and you see them a lot in the street doing stupid stuff....

Exactly, I almost ran one over the other night, 4 of them just casually walking across johnson ferry (3 lanes each way) And they are hanging out at a QT by my house. It soo anoying. They will be there for hours.