PDA

View Full Version : So who's a Drop out ?

Julio
03-09-2005, 07:34 PM
who On here Dropped out of College and joined the work force earlier then expected? Are you glad you did? Or regret it?

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 07:37 PM
who On here Dropped out of College and joined the work force earlier then expected? Are you glad you did? Or regret it?

ha, I did....two and half years ago....at first, all I thought about was the money, and I was able to buy what I wanted and go out all the time, while all my college friends were broke on their ass and miserbale from all the school work...so I felt like the king. But I came back to my senses and quit, and made my way back into school....

Ms Dollar
03-09-2005, 07:37 PM
i have semi dropped out for now...hoping to go back and i regret it because i feel like a useless sack of shit because i'm not going to school...

Julio
03-09-2005, 07:39 PM
The way I look at if you are going to College, choose a wise career.

quickdodgeŽ
03-09-2005, 07:43 PM
^^ Very true.

I, for one, am NOT a drop-out. I finshed high-school with a 3.75 GPA and college with a 4.00 GPA in computers. I'm not using my education, but I am still making it through. Do as Julio said and do something that you know you will be able to pursue. I regret not using what I learned to give me an even better life. Later, QD.

4dmin
03-09-2005, 07:45 PM
me me... i did but i plan on going back after the wifey finishes... i'm too lazy to go back righ tnow and i was already in the work force. fucking sux though...

BE COOL STAY IN SCHOOL :bigok:

Jimmy B
03-09-2005, 07:49 PM
QD, you ARE using your education.. you provide everyone with BEER!!! lol

and... i never went to school, but im doin good without it.. if i want to do a profession in a few years, ill go them.. i wouldnt know waht to study for right now!

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:01 PM
well the main reason I am going back, is so i can have that coveted piece of paper....I've had alot of great opportunities presented to me, but because of my lack of education, I couldnt be accepted. I have the skill and knowledge, major corporation has rules.....and I couldnt just glide under the radar. so that's my story.

quickdodgeŽ
03-09-2005, 08:01 PM
QD, you ARE using your education.. you provide everyone with BEER!!! lol

Lolol. Tha'd be me! Later, QD.

BufordŽ
03-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I was in school, but then some bad stuff happened, and that school screwed me hard out of every single credit I EARNED there. So I've dropped for now. But I'll start up at GPC this time in the fall, like after the show season. I need to work up some money to pay for school.

ironchef
03-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Howcome you dont pursue a career in the computer field QD?

Chuckster
03-09-2005, 08:13 PM
reason why i dont wanna go cuz i have a feeling that i would drop out and it be a waste of time and money

but I still wanna go

Brett
03-09-2005, 08:16 PM
I started taking college courses but didnt finish.... Do I regret it... Alot of times yes... Because when I was 18-21 I didnt think about my future, Now I see people that age serious about college and makes me wish I would have been smarter and took it more serious as well.

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 08:17 PM
I dropped out because my mother left my father because he got laid off. So I aws the only person in my house working. I plan on going back, but I want Im not going to go to the same school. I was going to DeVry paying $5800//semester for a $1200 semester education.

I would love to go to your school though peter. Columbus state? LOL, do oyu know how many freaks are in Columbus? I visited this chick i know down there at the housing by the burger king one weekend. 2-3 AM on the weekend its like freaknik. You just see girls walking from dorm to dorm, a guy talks to her for like 5 min, they leave and go to the guys room, LOL. Yea, I couldnt go to that school. Or University of West GA. SPeaking of, isnt it SlutFest there this weekend?

Leisa
03-09-2005, 08:18 PM
I went to Cosmetology school right after high school got my license ... did it for 2 yrs then got burned out on it ... I would love to do it again :)

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 08:19 PM

I cant speak for him, but reason why I switched from computers is because its so damn saturated. My classes at DeVry were 60 thick, people didnt have enough desk. People automatically think of computers as the surefire way to get rich

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I cant speak for him, but reason why I switched from computers is because its so damn saturated. My classes at DeVry were 60 thick, people didnt have enough desk. People automatically think of computers as the surefire way to get rich

yeah man, alot of my friends who graduated from Devry and Art Institute are hurting hardcore right now, the market is so saturated and everyone can do it for cheaper....so right now, some of them are waiting tables with all that computer education

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Yea, THE ART INSTITUTE TOO!!! THis girl I dated got her degree in graphic design and couldnt do anything with it. $55k in loans she had to pay off. It sucks. Especially going to DeVry, when a school like Southern Poly who is more hardcore is only like $1800 a semester

AznTraitor
03-09-2005, 08:25 PM
right now, I feel bad for all the web design/graphic design students....lots of them arent even getting internships and no jobs out of school, and with all those heavy loans....life's sucking.

quickdodgeŽ
03-09-2005, 08:30 PM

I would be considered "obsolete" now. I haven't followed up on the upgrading that is a part of computer technology. I graduated college in 1991(14 years ago). I had a job (of which I also interned with) at Bio-Lab in Avondale. They hired me on after I grad. I was making about $500/week parttime. But I had a family, 2 kids and a residence to pay for. I needed insurance. They couldn't give me fulltime, so they let me go so that I could find someone that could. I was like Damn. I had only 9 months invested there. I sent out resumes thinking my Dean's List education would get me on. NOPE. Everyone wanted experience. At least 3-5 years worth. During this time, I had to take fastfood, warehouse and jobs of that nature to pay for shit. Not keeping up with computers and their updates, made my education mostly all for naught. Oh well. You live and you learn. Later, QD.

HyPer50
03-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I dropped out of high school in 10th grade, got my GED, got a job, and now I'm still in college.... 4 years later... and no it's not a doctors degree heh. 1-2 classes a quarter for an associates degree can take awhile... *shrug*

civic95
03-10-2005, 07:20 AM
I stopped going 5 classes shy of an associates degree. I was working part time, and a full time position came open. The money was great at the time so I took it. I also had some personal problems at the time that were keeping me from concentrating in class. It was only going to be a 6 month break but it's been over 4 yrs now. I'm still in the IT field, and make decent money. It's tough to say if I made a good choice or not. All my other friends finished school, and graduated after 9-11. One of them has an engineering degree, but works in the parts dept at a dealership. I would probably be in the same boat as him if I finished. Experience is better than a degree in my field, but a lot of IT managers don't know shit about IT, and they prefer a degree sometimes. Either way it's more about who you know anyway. The field is so saturated if you started out now, you won't make much. Not enough to justify a $30K-$40K student loan.

4bangin
03-10-2005, 07:47 AM
I stopped going to highschool iafter the 10th grade. Did "homeschool" then got my GED. No college. I don't have a single regret about the way I did everything.

Vteckidd
03-10-2005, 08:12 AM
ha, I did....two and half years ago....at first, all I thought about was the money, and I was able to buy what I wanted and go out all the time, while all my college friends were broke on their ass and miserbale from all the school work...so I felt like the king. But I came back to my senses and quit, and made my way back into school....
took the words right out of my mouth. I quit after 3 years, i was making too much money, i was sitting in calss BORED going "while im sitting here listeneing to this hag drone on, i could be out making money" so i quit an never went back. i havemade 3 attempts at going back, but never follow through. I really need to go back an finish, but it sucks, i need to be challenged and entertained or have something get my attention, otherwise i drown out whatevers going on. and for the most part all the classes i took were boring heaps of shit. i think i have ADD

AznTraitor
03-10-2005, 08:22 AM
took the words right out of my mouth. I quit after 3 years, i was making too much money, i was sitting in calss BORED going "while im sitting here listeneing to this hag drone on, i could be out making money" so i quit an never went back. i havemade 3 attempts at going back, but never follow through. I really need to go back an finish, but it sucks, i need to be challenged and entertained or have something get my attention, otherwise i drown out whatevers going on. and for the most part all the classes i took were boring heaps of shit. i think i have ADD

that was my problem too....I tried 2 times and failed because it was just hard....and didnt make any sense. So, I took myself out of my comfort zone and moved away where I didnt know anyone, or where to go.....only thing I have to worry about is, eating, sleeping, school.

BTLFED
03-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Yes and yes.

99SI
03-10-2005, 08:49 AM
Tried to do college. I went to three different schools(GCSU, GMC, GPC) over a year and a half and I just couldn't get into it. I work in a family business, a buy here pay here car lot, in Milledgeville and they offered me enough money to work full time, provide insurance, gas allowance, and a bunch of free parts and labor for my car so I couldn't say no. Plus they are grooming me to take over and own the business in another 4-5 years so I feel pretty secure in what I'm doing and my earning ability for the rest of my life. Not to mention the fact that I love selling cars and making deals.

Macro
03-10-2005, 10:05 AM
i'm still in college but i stopped for a semester cause my parents were going through a divorce. so i took off to texas and took some real estate and mortgage classes, i am a licensed realtor and loan officer in texas, i came back to georgia to do the same. right now i'm a loan officer for Georgia Premier lending..love the job.. but kinda hard talkin to the realtor here.. they are not very open to work with fresh talent..but i will be goin back to school this comming semester...not that far from my MBA

drupason
03-10-2005, 10:12 AM
right out of high school i went to college into the computer field..and i realized quick that that is not somethin i could do for the rest of my life and be happy i was mainly just doin it cause money was good in that field....but now im Emt certiefied and I will be done with my fireschooling in august thats why im down here in florida!

trythefly
03-10-2005, 10:23 AM
fuk college I didnt need it to be where I am at today......a college required position.

;)

4bangin
03-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Its not what you know, its who you know :)

Darling Nikki
03-10-2005, 11:03 AM
I am never dropping out....I have been going to school for 3 years now and I have come so far even though I still have a little bit of school left....I am still going to bust my ass and reach the goals of mine. And I really can't quit bc my mom got me a job opening as soon as I get that peice of paper hehehe working as a Marketing Director. Right now I work full time as well for dodge just like everyone else on here. lol

FrnkPwrs
03-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Its not what you know, its who you know :)

Thats exactly how the world works. My cousin just graduated for graphic design in California at another "Quick School" and has $50k in loans. Shes working at the YMCA right now. Me for one wouldnt look for graphic work in CA because I would think it owuld be the worlds most saturated spot for anything with computers. Shes moving down here because her loans have kicked into repayment and she cant find a job that pays more than $11/hr on that $18k a year education.

I have a lot of dice stacked against me. I have a felony record from the age of 17 that hopefully will be closed out in 2007 based on GA first offenders, so until then I work for myself. Ive lost out on tons of jobs that Im qualified for because of my record. Jobs that college grads would be puzzled at. I had a GUARANTEED job as a Event Planner and couldnt get past my BG check. EVery job that Ive had that paid decent since I was 17 has been from networking and showing people to get past my record.

My father can get me a decent job w/o the college at his company Tellabs right now travelling as an installer. An ideal job for me since most of my belonging are in storage, I have no wife/gf and I have no kids, so not much is keeping me in GA. Despite their strict BG check requirements he can get me the job today but he is so bent on me going to school. I would love to go if I can afford it, but even straight out of school your average job wants you to have experience to go with the paper. And why not put me in a job where the company pays for the school since I dropped out to help him? So I just do my promotion thing until I can get this monkey off my back. I have until 2007 and I doubt the paper would help me anyway, so im in no rush.

Darling Nikki
03-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Exactly thats how I am getting the job I have always wanted right out of college, MY MOM!! hell yea

AtifSajid
03-10-2005, 01:29 PM
I finished high school and I finished college. I didnt do a 4 year degree or I would have had a ral FAT job. but im good where im at.

A.P. Photography
03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Yes and Yes. But I have a good job now doing what I originally started out doing when I graduated so I am happy.

JITB
03-10-2005, 02:18 PM
I went for a year and a half to GPC, and wasted my money and time. I just went to go for programming, and i hated it. But now i got a field that im interested in and i actually look forward to going to class and learning. But once u drop from college, or take a break and start working and making money, its real hard to get back in the groove, once you take a break. Ive been tryin to go back for the last 2 years.

Pher
03-10-2005, 02:47 PM
I never actually finished High School. I was living on my own at the age of 16 and knew that I needed money to survive. "Do you have any idea how much money I'm going to make working on cars," I used to say... Then I realized how wrong I was.
I got my GED and continued to go to College.
I received my Associates in Computer Information Systems and the rest is history.

Just because you "Dropout" doesn't mean that you cant have great success in your business life.

Bring It!!
03-10-2005, 04:51 PM
I never finished high skool, The only thing I regret is taking that on the chin when I left I should have raised holy hell when they threw me out cause all I had left was 3 exams and I could've walked with a 3.75 GPA but I feel that college is not for me I can't sit threw a class and listen to a lecture on some professor's personal opinion on some bullshit that I will never use in my job. Getting your ass kicked by life is the best education anyone can get. Experience and people you know are the only 2 things worth a shit in this world! Sorry for ranting just my $.02!

Cliff
03-10-2005, 06:46 PM
i never went to college after high school but i just don't do great with school stuff and am waiting till i get to a point in my life where i can handle it and don't have a 400 dollar truck payment every month

UnEEk4DR
03-10-2005, 08:16 PM
i dropped out/was expelled from all schools in GA haha........but i want to go to a tech school and get A.S.E certified

kilpatty43
03-10-2005, 08:32 PM
ive got my hs diploma and an associates of science degree...im now working on my bachelors...i think about dropping out all the time...i hate school...it has never been a good experience and i feel like im wasting my times often times...i cant do what i want to do and im stuck in a major that i dont know if ill be successful in...but i like it most the time and im trying to make something of myself and most of all make my mom proud...that is all i really want is to see the smile on her face when i walk across that stage

rickgiblin
03-10-2005, 10:15 PM
i got kicked out of high school one week before winter break my senior year... got my ged and now i was enroled in college at ABAC but had to withdraw for the semester because i broke my hand but im going back in the fall... i think of it this way "i already missed one graduation and watching all my friends being happy and walking to get there diploma, im not gonna miss out on my last chance"... o and off the subject, does anyone know of someone that has a 250 dirtbike for sale for kinda cheep?

Got Milk?
01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
I did. I got tired of it and bills were stacking up. So far I'm doing very well, better than I anticipated. I am plan to enroll back, in near future, to finish my degree

On_Her_Face
01-23-2013, 09:08 AM
I was never allowed to drop out, nor did I feel the need to. Hell I actually like school, kind of sad it's almost over (May '13) but I am ready for pay checks.

Got Milk?
01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
I was never allowed to drop out, nor did I feel the need to. Hell I actually like school, kind of sad it's almost over (May '13) but I am ready for pay checks.

I wish my allowance was big enough to like school.

On_Her_Face
01-23-2013, 09:18 AM
I wish my allowance was big enough to like school.

I was referring to the actual learning part, not the "culture". I guess I do have the rest of my life to learn, just in different environments.

SHHHH
01-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I dropped out of a university. No regrets on my end.

Edit: I would stress to most everyone that you should stick it out and earn a degree. In the long run it is worth it for most people.

Vteckidd
01-23-2013, 09:23 AM
I did drop out of college when i was 20, worked for 10 years, made good money, now im back in school. I regret it honestly. The 10 years to me was a waste because i spent it in the car industry where there is no future and earnings are terrible. I gained a lot of small business experience, i know how to manage and run things, budget, do accounting, marketing etc but in the long run, id trade the 10 years of that for a 4 year degree.

I got a job in the IT field about 2 years ago, and the money is so good, it made me sick that I wasted a good portion of my life basically learning an industry that i despise now.

In march i was laid off from my IT job, and decided to go back to school and finish my degree in CIS. Im 32, last 2 years i made between 70-80k, now i make less than 20k as I try to finish school out. Its a sacrifice but it will be worth it in the end.

I feel like i tried 1 way for 10 years and got nothing, im going to do something different.

GET YOUR DEGREE

MeFryRice
01-23-2013, 09:30 AM
^^ Agreed. Keep in mind that having a degree isn't going to guarantee you'll be making 100k+ annually but it'll make finding another job easier. It shows that you have dedication to finish something.

Vteckidd
01-23-2013, 12:16 PM
correct. Right now, im going against 5000+ other people who have the same experience or more, and some may have a college degree.

If a company is looking to hire someone , they are going to look at college degree applicants > non degree applicants. That is what I am running into right now.

SHHHH
01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Just noticed this thread is almost 8 years old.

alex14
01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
:fightpig: 8 year old thread

On_Her_Face
01-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Point being? Somebody brought it back and wanted to post their opinion.

0p7!mu5
01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
I dropped out due to my job back in 2006.. It was a mixed bag for me because I'm not doing too bad right now. Got my first home when I was 23, survived losing the job that caused me not to go to school, and foreclosure. and doing awesome at a job I actually happen to love now and I now know what I want to do when I do go back. Some thing useful for me. getting into computers and planning on taking some mechanic classes during the summer fund provided. I don't honestly regret my decisions because I actually ended up doing a lot better than most of my friend who went off to college financially and I actually settled on a career I like. Best part is the computer degree would be cheaper because of financial aid and my job paying for it plus I can go to a better position with the degree once I get it and get paid more and still be all of 2.2 miles from my house!

Julio
01-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Is alive ! I guess I can give my input.. I never did back in 05.. I'm a college drop out.. Went to school for criminal justice, but never finished. I wanted to be a cop.. Glad I changed my mind about being a cop.. Im 34 now.. Been working in retail since I was 16.. Only 2 jobs in the last 16 years, 4 in my first job and 12 years with the current company I'm with. I consider myself very fortunate at this time. Hard work has been paying off, however, I will continue challenging myself and those around me. I'm responsible for a team of about 180 employees who run several retail units/stores. Never imagined I would be this involved in the retail world, however it has been really good to me.

Humphrizzle
01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
it took me 4 years to decide what i wanted to do for a living. but when i finally decided on aviation maintenance, i took one semester and did well and after registering for my next semester, the teacher i registered my classes with quit and no one told me. they wouldnt let me register for any other classes so i got pissed off and quit for about a year. went back to the same school for automotive classes started last spring ('12) but lost interest because they were outrageously boring classes. in the middle of that i got a job working full time as a lead tech at a car dealership so i couldnt do school anymore. i ended up quitting that job, started back school for aviation and went back to working as an aircraft mechanic with my dad working under his license.

my school sucks and i think about quitting all the time... I am just not a fan of school at all.

Vteckidd
01-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Is alive ! I guess I can give my input.. I never did back in 05.. I'm a college drop out.. Went to school for criminal justice, but never finished. I wanted to be a cop.. Glad I changed my mind about being a cop.. Im 34 now.. Been working in retail since I was 16.. Only 2 jobs in the last 16 years, 4 in my first job and 12 years with the current company I'm with. I consider myself very fortunate at this time. Hard work has been paying off, however, I will continue challenging myself and those around me. I'm responsible for a team of about 180 employees who run several retail units/stores. Never imagined I would be this involved in the retail world, however it has been really good to me.

serious question

If you ever were laid off, do you fear being able to find another job with similar pay or similar benefits? Knowing the industry you are in, youre prob well insulated against that kind of thing because you sell black gold haha

But that was always my fear, being 40, losing my job, and basically starting back at square 1. For some odd reason, a 4 year degree trumps 10 years experience

Catnip
01-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Barely finished highschool, but for fear of my parents I slid by and got the paper. With no idea what I wanted to do, but talking to my cousin who was going back to school and decided on machine tool tech, I then registered for classes at the local tech school for machine tool tech. I didn't know if it was for me, but it was something to do and not too boring. I think I spent 2 years there, and had another half year to complete the course with optional CNC classes. A job working at a local body shop pretty much fell in my lap before I did the CNC classes, so I never even went back to take the graduation test.

Julio
01-24-2013, 06:46 AM
serious question

If you ever were laid off, do you fear being able to find another job with similar pay or similar benefits? Knowing the industry you are in, youre prob well insulated against that kind of thing because you sell black gold haha

But that was always my fear, being 40, losing my job, and basically starting back at square 1. For some odd reason, a 4 year degree trumps 10 years experience

That's a question, I used to asked myself a few years ago, but after spending a couple of years in the H.R department a year ago, I don't think about it as much, however, as long as we work for someone else, is something to always think about.
When I spent time working in the H.R department, I learned a lot of things I never knew. I learned that in retail, experience( 6 years plus) in any higher management/supervisor or director position, is more saught after then a college education.. Of course, you at least need education.. Lol.. College + experience = gold

Now, College graduates are good candidates, especially fresh out of college, new positions available, and starting them out with lower pay.
Retail is weird, experience = everything. But, you have to continue evolving as an individual to be able to keep up in the retail world and follow company procedures. I mean, if you've been in retail 20 years and do not know how to speak, carry yourself, sloppy, you are not going anywhere.. That's with any retail business, actually, any place in the work force.

Secret to not think about that question, is owning your own business and being your own boss and of course, be succesful.. Hopefully that answers your question, there is always fear.

Elbow
01-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Old thread but since it's back going I'll answer.

I finished high school and took a small break then went to college, stayed in for about a year and just couldn't focus so I quit with the intentions of going back. I haven't gone back yet, because things have been working out (I quit in 2008 I think), I have planned on going back a few times anyway though just to have a degree in something, I even applied for student aid and all last year then lost interest again. I do want to go back, but don't know how well I'll do and am worried on spending the money if I end up failing. I have never cared for school unless it directly relates to me and I feel like I'm truly learning.

If I did it again I would have just went straight to college after HS while I was in that school rhythm and have been done with it. School wouldn't effect (negatively) what I'm doing now and can only help your resume.

I'm a strong believer in having a degree. Whether I actually get one or not though may be a different story. We will see, I think I will, but I think I'll hate it. lol It will be worth it though.

AnthonyF
01-24-2013, 08:36 AM
I am not a drop out of college. I never attended. I graduated high school and went straight into the family business. I believe it was the wise choice at the time and I don't regret not going to college. There were a lot of problems that started developing over the years and we closed the business that kinda made me wish I went to school. Can't change the past just gotta keep pushing forward!

iamdallas
01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
I am not right now, but I may be soon! :D

:lol: :mrgreen:

Vteckidd
01-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Old thread but since it's back going I'll answer.

I finished high school and took a small break then went to college, stayed in for about a year and just couldn't focus so I quit with the intentions of going back. I haven't gone back yet, because things have been working out (I quit in 2008 I think), I have planned on going back a few times anyway though just to have a degree in something, I even applied for student aid and all last year then lost interest again. I do want to go back, but don't know how well I'll do and am worried on spending the money if I end up failing. I have never cared for school unless it directly relates to me and I feel like I'm truly learning.

If I did it again I would have just went straight to college after HS while I was in that school rhythm and have been done with it. School wouldn't effect (negatively) what I'm doing now and can only help your resume.

I'm a strong believer in having a degree. Whether I actually get one or not though may be a different story. We will see, I think I will, but I think I'll hate it. lol It will be worth it though.

The best thing to do in that instance imo is go for a 2 year degree. Its so much easier and is more focused on a skillset. For instance, Chatt Tech and other tech schools have specific programs for IT Training, Media, etc that will serve you well.

Im taking Network Security classes right now and 1 class every semester im taking Gen Ed to transfer to GSU for a 4 year degree

RandomGuy
01-28-2013, 06:34 AM
So I barely graduated from HS... all of my college apps got denied with my GPA although I did pretty well on the SAT. So I just took some time off- started working, doing random biz, wasting time. Then I went to Perimeter and continued wasting time, failing classes due to attendance, etc. Then after the 3 year mark at a 2 year school, I figured I needed to GTFO. This whole time the cars, computers, and business were awesome hobbies to have- I picked up tons of awesome skills during these years, networked quite a bit, etc. I learned that even though I had the skill set to get a big boy job, I couldn't with nothing but a HS education. Watching all of my friends graduate and get real jobs while I was sitting in perimeter wasting time/space, I got on my grind. Literally 2 semesters after this epiphany, I transferred to Tech and was in and out in 2yrs on the dot. This includes a Study Abroad in China i took for literally no reason that did nothing for me degree-wise.

The best thing to do in that instance imo is go for a 2 year degree. Its so much easier and is more focused on a skillset. For instance, Chatt Tech and other tech schools have specific programs for IT Training, Media, etc that will serve you well.

Im taking Network Security classes right now and 1 class every semester im taking Gen Ed to transfer to GSU for a 4 year degree

I would highly recommend transferring to GT from GPC. It's so easy and tech is actually cheaper than GSU. Forget everything that's on their little curriculum guide, get overrides into classes if you have to. Just take ENGL 1101/1102, Khan's academy some math and take precalculus, calc 1 and calc2. Take 2 lab sciences as well. I had a shitty GPA due to my years of slacking, but I somehow got in. Don't do perimeter's TAG program, you waste time- they just want you to get your associates with them. The program I did at GT is equivalent to CIS @ GSU, it's business administration concentration: Information Technology Management.

cactusEG
01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Right after high-school I went straight to work for a year.Then I got into a college didnt take it serious and failed. Worked for a while then tried college again. Now after trying hard I'm about to graduate next semester.

BenjaminJunu
02-08-2013, 08:49 PM
I graduated Highschool and i'm currently enrolled full-time in college. I'm majoring in IT and I have no plans on dropping out... I actually don't mind school, since it's much easier than working physical hard labor type jobs that i would likely be doing if i wasn't in school. With that being said I'm going to stick to my plans and reach my goals, so that i can make a decent living one day and pay off these stupid loans.

BanginJimmy
02-09-2013, 08:16 PM
After HS I went into the military and did 9 years on active duty. After I got out I bounced around to a few jobs and finally ended up at West GA tech. I was literally 1 quarter away from a 2 year degree in criminal justice when i quit to go back to work. I havent looked back on that decision for a second. At the same time, I realize that I have pretty much topped out without that piece of paper telling everyone I took a couple of useless classes, and a couple that actually taught me something useful.