PDA

View Full Version : On the way to work, this morning. I see

Slowboy
10-13-2006, 08:29 AM
So im cruisin to work this moring and i see this dude with a cross, and im thinking look at this crazy dude. So i pull in and grab my :camera: . I ask the guy if its ok to take pics he say "no problem just not of my face cause its not about me its about jesus" And he started telling me bout how he and a group of friends go all over the USA doin this in the streets.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/curtway/101_7614.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/curtway/101_7617.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/curtway/101_7616.jpg

Nemesis
10-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Oh no, this thread isnt going to be good...

AtifSajid
10-13-2006, 08:31 AM
where the damn pics?

Halfwit
10-13-2006, 08:32 AM
hes living for jesus.

Nemesis
10-13-2006, 08:35 AM
where the damn pics?

Probably on his camera :doh:

Slowboy
10-13-2006, 08:35 AM
pics up

im at work i had a customer,

Halfwit
10-13-2006, 08:37 AM
is he gonna stay like htat all day?

Nemesis
10-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Well before everyone starts joking and throwing their opinions around.

At least he is doing it quietly and not using a megaphone to spout of endless ranting waving a bible around. If he isnt disturbing anyone, just showing a display like that, I think it should be respected.

Halfwit
10-13-2006, 08:39 AM

At least he is doing it quietly and not using a megaphone to spout of endless ranting waving a bible around. If he isnt disturbing anyone, just showing a display like that, I think it should be respected.
nothing wrong with it, unitl he startss stopping ppl on the sidewalk and forcing his pamphlets to them lol...

but it seems very subtle.

Allshow97
10-13-2006, 08:39 AM
It's one of the great things about this country is our right to free speech. George is right, atleast he is NOT! yelling or using a megaphone to opress his beliefs on other people.

Halfwit
10-13-2006, 08:40 AM
It's one of the great things about this country is our right to free speech. George is right, atleast he is yelling or using a megaphone to opress his beliefs on other people.

haha u messed up hahahah u lose...hahah kill urself

AtifSajid
10-13-2006, 08:41 AM
why is he all red? because of the blood that Jesus spilled?

Sammich
10-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Oh no, this thread isnt going to be good...

why cuz theres kids missing

Leisa
10-13-2006, 08:47 AM
I also think it should be respected :)

Slowboy
10-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Well he has no bible with him no pamlets or megaphone. just himself and his cross. And i talked to him for about 10 minutes, hes a pretty cool guy. within that ten minutes, the only people that stopped out of the couple hundred cars passing by, was me and another guy with a eg hatch. kinda funny. but anyway he travels from city to city doin this. cause he says if you go to the streets you can make a bigger impact then in the church. People come to him, he does not go yelling at them saying you need jesus or your goin to hell kinda thing. Which we have an old lady that comes to the broadway were all the clubs are with her bible and yelling at us saying the devil got us and what not lol.

Halfwit
10-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Well he has no bible with him no pamlets or megaphone. just himself and his cross. And i talked to him for about 10 minutes, hes a pretty cool guy. within that ten minutes, the only people that stopped out of the couple hundred cars passing by, was me and another guy with a eg hatch. kinda funny. but anyway he travels from city to city doin this. cause he says if you go to the streets you can make a bigger impact then in the church. People come to him, he does not go yelling at them saying you need jesus or your goin to hell kinda thing. Which we have an old lady that comes to the broadway were all the clubs are with her bible and yelling at us saying the devil got us and what not lol.
does he mo ve or is he in that position all thetime?

babygurl
10-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Nice, that is actually kinda touching!!!

Yeah I agree he is doing a very good job on this!

Which City was this in?

Bajjani
in response to the red
i'd agree that its the blood judging from how the paint is on the cross it looks like they tried a drip effect
and i respect this man greatly..i dont respect people who try to get you to switch to their religion by preaching to you why theirs is better..but it sounds to me like hes just showing is faith in christ
i wouldn't doubt he has some demons he is having trouble coming to terms with either

Slowboy
No when i went up and talk to him he was looking up at me and what not, and in a differ position, and mean hes not being a mime. like i said he seemed like a really cool guy. normal not crazy

Jaimecbr900
10-13-2006, 09:01 AM
You have to respect someone that does something in that manner.

I too agree that a megaphone and pamphlets are not the way to go.

Props to this guy for making a statement the right way. :goodjob:

AtifSajid
10-13-2006, 09:27 AM
yeah im not down for the megaphone guys. Half the time its so loud that you cant even hear what they are saying.

4dmin
10-13-2006, 09:28 AM
bahhhhhhh sorry its funny... seriously good he isn't outside an abortion clinic haggeling customers... but still if he wants it to be about Jesus why doesn't he just nail himself to the cross to show the pain instead of paint... just a suggestion.

kelly marie
10-13-2006, 09:40 AM
can you attach the pics? i can't see them at work :(

Bajjani
10-13-2006, 09:42 AM
umm
suicide sends you to hell
that could be a reason why

Slowboy
10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
haha^^^^ but to the guy the said something bout the red dripping paint, yea it was very gorry paint.

4dmin
10-13-2006, 09:56 AM
umm
suicide sends you to hell
that could be a reason why

you wouldn't be killing yourself by just driving nails through your hands feet :goodjob: ... just a little pain + blood

Bajjani
10-13-2006, 09:59 AM
explain to me how you can nail both of your hands to a cross
and then if you nail both of your hands and your feet to a cross
this red liquid drips out of your body
and
slowly
you die
painfully

Slowboy
10-13-2006, 10:02 AM
and
slowly
you die
painfully

You got the point, im with you plus this is 2006, who wants to nail them selves to a cross, I think he has enough with what he is already doin. in my opinion, not your everyday person would go outside all day to carry this cross al over a city,. I wouldnt,

4dmin
10-13-2006, 10:10 AM
and
slowly
you die
painfully

well of course eventually you will die, but so would not eating for 2 weeks... but you could nail your self to the cross to feel the pain of jesus then seek medical atten afterward. i'm not physician but i don't think your just going to bleed to death by the wounds instantly so it far from suicide.... your view of it basically is like saying if you smoke your commiting suicide and its a sin. :goodjob:

Bajjani
10-13-2006, 10:13 AM
no
im saying
you can't physically nail yourself to a cross
its impossible
then i'm saying
if you manage to nail YOURSELF to a cross
good luck getting down
so your more than likely going to die

babygurl
10-13-2006, 10:15 AM
well of course eventually you will die, but so would not eating for 2 weeks... but you could nail your self to the cross to feel the pain of jesus then seek medical atten afterward. i'm not physician but i don't think your just going to bleed to death by the wounds instantly so it far from suicide.... your view of it basically is like saying if you smoke your commiting suicide and its a sin. :goodjob:

Paul are you IA's Mel Gibson?

Slowboy
10-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah again good point, you can only nail your legs and one arm, but i doubt after you nail your first limb, you will attempt another, cause the pain is goin to be to the extreme.

dartingd
10-13-2006, 10:17 AM
i like that...nice...being a christian, i hate to see other christians try to go about witnessing in the wrong manner...+1 for posting this!

Slowboy
10-13-2006, 10:18 AM
I just thought it would be something to think about, I did the walk with god for a year and half, but now i dont go to church or anything cause the drama and what not, witnessing is not easy.

4dmin
10-13-2006, 10:19 AM
no
im saying
you can't physically nail yourself to a cross
its impossible
then i'm saying
if you manage to nail YOURSELF to a cross
good luck getting down
so your more than likely going to die

you can nail yourself the the cross you just may need some help w/ the last nail ;)

in the mean time you can feel what jesus did... and if your going to nail yourself to the cross i highly doubt you would be alone... honestly who do you plan on getting a darwin award if no one sees it :goodjob:

not being a dick but don't be such a pussy... how come muslims will die for their faith and christians tuck tail and run? don't fucking paint me a picture show me the real thing. you want to display the pain of jesus show us the pain... then i will say,"FUCK that sucks".

Bajjani
i dislike church
its boring and i can read the bible myself as i already have

babygurl
i like that...nice...being a christian, i hate to see other christians try to go about witnessing in the wrong manner...+1 for posting this!

Just to bring up this, maybe the people you view as doing witnessing in the wrong way , see it as the right....??? just a thought :)

Slowboy
I would have to say its the hardest lifestyle to live up to. And to actually be faithful and not a fake.

babygurl
10-13-2006, 10:21 AM
you can nail yourself the the cross you just may need some help w/ the last nail ;)

in the mean time you can feel what jesus did... and if your going to nail yourself to the cross i highly doubt you would be alone... honestly who do you plan on getting a darwin award if no one sees it :goodjob:

not being a dick but don't be such a pussy... how come muslims will die for their faith and christians tuck tail and run? don't fucking paint me a picture show me the real thing. you want to display the pain of jesus show us the pain... then i will say,"FUCK that sucks".

OK again going with the Christain religion, Jesus died on the cross so we dont have to go through what he did...

babygurl
10-13-2006, 10:22 AM
I would have to say its the hardest lifestyle to live up to. And to actually be faithful and not a fake.

that is true, but in alot of groups there will always be fake people!

Bajjani
10-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Okay
Now if you are referring to Muslims dying for their faith and using something as..say...9/11 as an example, you are using brainwashed people who twist words..

thats like when people say since the bible says an eye for an eye thats what should be done, even though it says jesus wasn't for that as he stood up in front of MM and blocked her from being stoned and set let ye w/o sin cast the first stone...

and jesus sacrificed himself for our sins remember, he didn't do it so we could later repeat it, he did it and asked us to be faithful to god and men and not to lie/cheat/murder/steal so on so forth..

so i'm sorry that by doing that in my life i'm a pussy tucking tail and running while terrorist murder people when their holy book preaches peace..thats a terrible defense for your argument...study their faith ;-)

{X}Echo419
10-13-2006, 10:23 AM
why is he all red? because of the blood that Jesus spilled?

I think Jesus was a Bulldogs fan :2cents:

{X}Echo419
10-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Okay
Now if you are referring to Muslims dying for their faith and using something as..say...9/11 as an example, you are using brainwashed people who twist words..

thats like when people say since the bible says an eye for an eye thats what should be done, even though it says jesus wasn't for that as he stood up in front of MM and blocked her from being stoned and set let ye w/o sin cast the first stone...

and jesus sacrificed himself for our sins remember, he didn't do it so we could later repeat it, he did it and asked us to be faithful to god and men and not to lie/cheat/murder/steal so on so forth..

so i'm sorry that by doing that in my life i'm a pussy tucking tail and running while terrorist murder people when their holy book preaches peace..thats a terrible defense for your argument...study their faith ;-)

that was "Old Testament". Jesus= New Testament.

Bajjani
10-13-2006, 10:25 AM
yes, i have a copy of the bible that contains both :)

ive read it all the way thru

i was just using it as an example people try to claim that jesus preached that

The Golden Child
10-13-2006, 10:26 AM
cool ..

Ran
10-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I think Jesus was a Bulldogs fan :2cents: :lmfao:

Seriously tho, props to that guy for a subtle yet direct message. :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
10-13-2006, 10:34 AM
People need to realize that everyone expresses themselves differently. Why does there have to blood and guts gore to prove a point? Can the MESSAGE not be told without it? The guy has way more guts than most of us already IMO. How many of you would do what he is doing?

Give the guy a break.

If he was out there being arrogant and forceful it would be one thing, but him simply making a statement on a street corner and not bothering anyone is completely different. It's almost like a live painting. YOU make whatever out of a painting hanging on the wall, right? How is he standing on a street corner quietly any different? KKK members are allowed to march down the street SCREAMING about their one-sided view, why can't he do something QUIETLY? We put up with obsene profanity out of car windows, but we can't let this guy do something that makes people think in a positive way????

Come on folks, give this guy a break.

babygurl
10-13-2006, 10:37 AM
People need to realize that everyone expresses themselves differently. Why does there have to blood and guts gore to prove a point? Can the MESSAGE not be told without it? The guy has way more guts than most of us already IMO. How many of you would do what he is doing?

Give the guy a break.

If he was out there being arrogant and forceful it would be one thing, but him simply making a statement on a street corner and not bothering anyone is completely different. It's almost like a live painting. YOU make whatever out of a painting hanging on the wall, right? How is he standing on a street corner quietly any different? KKK members are allowed to march down the street SCREAMING about their one-sided view, why can't he do something QUIETLY? We put up with obsene profanity out of car windows, but we can't let this guy do something that makes people think in a positive way????

Come on folks, give this guy a break.

AMEN!!!

Hit the nail right on the head :)

Bajjani
10-13-2006, 10:38 AM
what a time to use that metaphor..

Jaimecbr900
10-13-2006, 10:51 AM
what a time to use that metaphor..

:thinking:

Bajjani
10-13-2006, 10:55 AM
but you could nail your self to the cross

Hit the nail right on the head :)
that

Dragonfly5338
10-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Nobody beats the crazy guy that stands on the corner of Barrett Parkway with a shirt that has "GO TO CHURCH FILTHY CHRISTIAN WHORES" written with sharpie and holds up signs that say "AM I GOING TO MARRY YOU? NO? THEN GET YOUR BREASTS AND ASS OUT OF MY FACE" and "GIRLS DRESS LIKE WHORES AT CHURCH BECAUSE THEIR MOTHERS ARE WHORES" hahahaa. He has someone arguing with him every time he's out there.

Jaimecbr900
10-13-2006, 10:57 AM
that

:lmfao:

Big Baller
10-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I think Jesus was a Bulldogs fan :2cents:

First I think what the guy is doing is cool.

Second Jesus is not a Bulldogs fan you can tell by the way the Tennesse game went.

Matt (who is a bulldogs fan)

Bajjani
10-13-2006, 10:59 AM
i just thought it was kinda a funny time to use that one

Vteckidd
10-13-2006, 11:14 AM
im not religous AT ALL, but i respect what he is doing. like someone else said , this is what makes America so great.

{X}Echo419
10-13-2006, 11:29 AM
First I think what the guy is doing is cool.

Second Jesus is not a Bulldogs fan you can tell by the way the Tennesse game went.

Matt (who is a bulldogs fan)

that was a lesson in humility or maybe God & Satan are pulling a Job(the guy. not as in work) on the dogs. :thinking:

BluesClues
10-13-2006, 11:35 AM

I completely agree:yes:

con
10-13-2006, 11:36 AM
look, it's a reformed gangsta..... tha red Dickie Suit :LIRL:

Slowboy
10-13-2006, 12:39 PM
haha^^^^ thats funny. But for real I thought it was awsome what he was doin.

4dmin
10-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Okay

no the point being... muslims will die for their faith i would go to say 90% of christians wouldn't. now the pussy part is we live in a SHOCK and AW society... if you want to make a profound impact nail yourself to the cross and scream out in horror WHAT WOULD JESUS DO... maybe you to can asend into the heavens to later be resurrected ;)

RandomGuy
10-13-2006, 02:39 PM
lol jesus with the red dickies

Ails85
10-18-2006, 03:43 AM
Tons of respect to that guy, as a Christian its hard to witness without pushing. This is a great way

bdydrpdmazda
10-18-2006, 03:58 AM
the blood on that cross is very detailed, its a good thing hes doing IMO though, more people should be proud of their beliefs but not to the point to where you are constantly turning them away from your door or taking alternate routes to work, this guy is just on the corner minding his own buisness though, I would probably approach him and talk to him.

Doppelgänger
10-18-2006, 06:47 AM
I'm not a very religous person, but +1 for respect of goign about it in a quiet, peaceful way to get the message across.

Wish more 'into my religion' people were like this!!

ISAtlanta300
10-18-2006, 03:55 PM

People actually DO nail themselves to the cross or whip themselves with iron spikes or what have you around Good Friday. I believe it is in the phillipines and some latin american countries. Havent head you say "FUCK that sucks"then, and I doubt you would say "Fuck that sucks" if he did it now.

Besides, what good would it be for him to "show you the pain"? Jesus showed you the pain countless of time. Maybe YOU should feel HIS pain to put things into perspective.. :P"