PDA

View Full Version : Weird.. For the car show people

Julio
10-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Why do people trailor "CONSERVATIVE" cars to show?

Conservative , meaning.. Not at the " BIG BOY " level.. shit, not even that.. not even MILD LEVEL yet..

I just dont get it. But, Ive seen this shit at the last couple of shows ive been to or seen pictures .. I simply laugh.

Spyder
10-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Why do people trailor "CONSERVATIVE" cars to show?

Conservative , meaning.. Not at the " BIG BOY " level.. shit, not even that.. not even MILD LEVEL yet..

I just dont get it. But, Ive seen this shit at the last couple of shows ive been to or seen pictures .. I simply laugh.

And yet the people that actually drive their cars ( racers) tend to break them and figure it out from there... ironic isnt it.

Julio
10-12-2006, 10:04 PM
And yet the people that actually drive their cars ( racers) tend to break them and figure it out from there... ironic isnt it.

dude, the more and more I think about... I just laugh.

I shouldve listen to you, 4 years ago...

Julio pulls in.. Thump.. hits tree stump.. Nick, Thats why I dont drive a show car :lmfao:

EvasiveEF9
10-12-2006, 10:13 PM
My car's primered.

Amen.

Bishop
10-12-2006, 10:20 PM
ahhhh show cars are sooo over rated!

Spyder
10-12-2006, 10:25 PM
dude, the more and more I think about... I just laugh.

I shouldve listen to you, 4 years ago...

Julio pulls in.. Thump.. hits tree stump.. Nick, Thats why I dont drive a show car :lmfao:

Blahaahahahaha!

See man... I wasn't telling you wrong :)

Nemesis
10-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Conservative or not, there's really no worse feeling that hitting something such as a huge tire slab in the middle of the road busting something or ruining your car :( Any other time it probably wouldnt matter as much, but as you are heading to a show would be a lot worse.

I see your point though. If they start trailoring their cars to meets, is when ill laugh. :lmao:

Bishop
10-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Conservative or not, there's really no worse feeling that hitting something such as a huge tire slab in the middle of the road busting something or ruining your car :( Any other time it probably wouldnt matter as much, but as you are heading to a show would be a lot worse.

I see your point though. If they start trailoring their cars to meets, is when ill laugh. :lmao:
i hit a huge ass semi retread on 285 going about 60mph. lol kinda sucked but oh well...shit happens.

Nemesis
10-12-2006, 10:34 PM
i hit a huge ass semi retread on 285 going about 60mph. lol kinda sucked but oh well...shit happens.

True it is really an oh well situation. BUT, what if it was on the way to show that was very important to you. Kinda different maybe?

Spyder
10-12-2006, 10:34 PM

I have seen it done.

Nittanys1
10-12-2006, 10:36 PM
you hit things when you follow to close...give yourself room to drive and you will have time to move out of the way of road crap. I myself have never trailed my car and dont see that happening anytime soon!

Nemesis
10-12-2006, 10:38 PM
you hit things when you follow to close...give yourself room to drive and you will have time to move out of the way of road crap. I myself have never trailed my car and dont see that happening anytime soon!

Id say that's true about 60 percent of the time.

I was a good 6 cars behind a minivan on the way to a show a year or so back, and a tire got lodged under neath the vans rear tire. Flung it hard on my front bumper. No where to go since it happened so fast and there were cars all the way around. Not all mistakes can be attributed to driving like an asshole. Shit does happen. Murphys law is in full effect everyday.

Nittanys1
10-12-2006, 10:40 PM
:thinking: :headslap:

EvasiveEF9
10-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Well, what if the trailer blows a tire and flips on your baby? There's a million what if's. Cars are made to drive. So in my opinion, unless it's covered in fiberglass, or the safety structures were taken out for some show reason (whatever the case may be) or you've got a 5K$ paintjob on it, or it's an old low-mileage muscle car...THEN trailer it.

Actually, rule out the trailered 5K$ paintjob. If you've got that much money, you can afford a clear bra, or a new paint job...

EvasiveEF9
10-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Well, what if the trailer blows a tire and flips on your baby? There's a million what if's. Cars are made to drive. So in my opinion, unless it's covered in fiberglass, or the safety structures were taken out for some show reason (whatever the case may be) or you've got a 5K$ paintjob on it, or it's an old low-mileage muscle car...THEN trailer it.

Actually, rule out the trailered 5K$ paintjob. If you've got that much money, you can afford a clear bra, or a new paint job...
Then again, if you've got a fully-fiberglass-covered car...you deserve to get that shit messed up anyways...

Bishop
10-12-2006, 10:51 PM
yeah im going to have to agree with george. I was a good distance behind the truck in fromt of me. I started to see little pieces of tires ff to my left and i was like, thats no good. Then i see the truck infront of me go straight ovr it and i was like ohhh fuck. There was a car comming up on my left and if i went right there would have been more damge. So i just kept going straight and braced myself for it. Then the re-tread got stuck in my wheel well so i pulled over. Well it fell out by the time i got to the side so i picked that bitch up and but it in my car so no one else would hit it and i kept it as a trophy lol. Then threw it in a dumpster a few days later.

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-12-2006, 11:09 PM
I have seen it done.

LOL, friggin a !

Brett
10-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Me personally, If I had a truck and a trailer.... I would proably trailer mine. Not to local meets or shows though, But when you go to shows out of state or out of town, Its a nice luxury to have if you have the means to get it. Like Savannah, We spend an hour taping the whole front of the cars in painters tape to protect the paint investment we have, then by the time you get there the cars are dirty as hell from the road trip, Thats wear on the tires, etc. So if you can just put a clean car on a trailer..... And save the milage and wear and tear on your car and then get to the show and unload it clean your saving yourself alot of aggravation. Just like when we were all coming home from Savannah Sunday night the lead car hit a chuck of tire and it flung under the whole row of our cars. We all hit it doing about 90+. So we all pulled over right away to check the cars for damage, Luckilly none of us had damage, But on the way up one of cars had a blow out. So see stuff like that for out of town shows makes a trailer desirable to those of us who still show.

Now if you feel you have to come to like a Varsity meet with it on a trailer, Your a tool, Unless your cars is like Jeff G. where its just not praticle or able to be driven. Cars like his I would never even want to see drive to a local show, way to much work and money invested.

I LOVE to drive my car to shows and meets, I love to once and a while take the car out of the garage and just take it out on a nice weekene day... So I do drive mine and love it. But for some events it would be so much easier for me to trailer.

4dmin
10-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Me personally, If I had a truck and a trailer.... I would proably trailer mine. Not to local meets or shows though, But when you go to shows out of state or out of town, Its a nice luxury to have if you have the means to get it. Like Savannah, We spend an hour taping the whole front of the cars in painters tape to protect the paint investment we have, then by the time you get there the cars are dirty as hell from the road trip, Thats wear on the tires, etc. So if you can just put a clean car on a trailer..... And save the milage and wear and tear on your car and then get to the show and unload it clean your saving yourself alot of aggravation. Just like when we were all coming home from Savannah Sunday night the lead car hit a chuck of tire and it flung under the whole row of our cars. We all hit it doing about 90+. So we all pulled over right away to check the cars for damage, Luckilly none of us had damage, But on the way up one of cars had a blow out. So see stuff like that for out of town shows makes a trailer desirable to those of us who still show.

Now if you feel you have to come to like a Varsity meet with it on a trailer, Your a tool, Unless your cars is like Jeff G. where its just not praticle or able to be driven. Cars like his I would never even want to see drive to a local show, way to much work and money invested.

I LOVE to drive my car to shows and meets, I love to once and a while take the car out of the garage and just take it out on a nice weekene day... So I do drive mine and love it. But for some events it would be so much easier for me to trailer.

brett you said 90+ and you drive a civic + bolt on's :lmfao:

Jimmy B
10-13-2006, 08:03 AM
i never trailered mine if it was running... i built my car to drive, and i was goin to drive the piss outa it... and i did... some people called me crazy, but with 10K+ in body and paint, i would go sliding sideways through a parking lot.. why,? because it was a car to drive... for FUN...

about 5-6 of us were flying down a backroad one night, and we all went over a few pieces of sheetrock that fell off a truck, my boy in front of me threw it up and i plowed straight through it at 80+... if i messed the body up, well,.. i woulda fixed it.. i didnt, but things happen.. thats what you get when you modify cars.. broken things!

Nemesis
10-13-2006, 08:05 AM

He has a JDM cluster in Kilometers :lmfao:

Brett
10-13-2006, 08:14 AM
He has a JDM cluster in Kilometers :lmfao:

HELL NO I DONT!!! LOL

Brett
10-13-2006, 08:15 AM

It can still do 90+ just not much more then that :D

Nemesis
10-13-2006, 08:15 AM
It can still do 90+ just not much more then that :D

90 km/h = 55.9234073 mph

Yep, speed limit ride for Brett :lmao:

Jaimecbr900
10-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Although I agree with Brett that it would be nice sometimes to put less wear and tear on your car on those long out of town shows, I totally see what Julio is saying.

I think he is talking about cars that are barely modded, yet find it necessary to trailer themselves to a show.

I agree and think it's pretty silly. I mean, if you have enough money for a truck and trailer for your car, you probably should have enough money to get your car over the "conservative" hump...... :D

Julio
10-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I drove the shit out of mines... Fuck it. I trailored my car one time while I was showing.. and it was to daytona, simply because the car was fresh out and Arospeed want it the car there... So we made sure it made it there in one piece.. But fuck that shit... Drive it like you stole it.. Unless you have a car thats mac daddy pimp shit

SixSquared
10-13-2006, 03:58 PM
I can see the pros and cons to driving and trailering... trailering your car will stay cleaner and there's less chance of road debris messing up your ride.. even if you're showing conservative, your car better be pretty damn near SPOTLESS to do well showing conservative... so if you trailer it it's less to clean on show day. On the flip side, though, it would seem like if you have the money to afford a truck and trailer you should have more than a conservative car.. but that's all subject to opinion. Some people enjoy a lightly modded car. Some people want more. It's all in the opinion of the owner. Personally, I show my car from time to time, but it's also my daily driver.. it has bug splats on the fresh paint, and now a TON of scratches on it from the last show I was at (someone was leaning on my car with a belt buckle or something... pisses me off). I kind of shrug my shoulders and move on. The car is sponsored, which to me means that by the time show season is really picking up again (next summer), all the little dents and scratches on it right now won't matter. During show season, however, the car is trailered wherever it goes. Shit in the road gravitates towards me for some reason. If there is something in the road, it WILL hit me. So, we load the car up on a trailer and go. :)