PDA

View Full Version : question about buying a car

invisible
10-12-2006, 12:10 AM
I bout a car toda and while driving hpme the check engine light came on and the engine was like misfiring n some more crazy shit. is there a law that like says I can return it within 48 or 72 hrs or something? I want out of the deal. it hasn't been 24 hrs yet.

thecrazyone
10-12-2006, 12:13 AM
well where did u buy it from? warranty?

invisible
10-12-2006, 12:14 AM
marietta automax they gave a warrenty but its through another comp n it doesn't start until 15days.

rickgiblin
10-12-2006, 12:16 AM
where did you buy from... did they tell you anythign about the car that could have been hinted to you that it had a problem... cuse i believe ONLY if you buy from a dealership then you have 48 hours(i think) to return your vehicle in the exact condition that you recieved the car in if theres a problem with it. but if you bought it from a person then your fucked... also go to advanced or something and have them run a check on your ride.

whatcha buy and from where

rickgiblin
10-12-2006, 12:17 AM
also, ask rons auto sale on here... hes a dealer and could let you know. send him a pm... he should be on

thecrazyone
10-12-2006, 12:17 AM
hmm, i dont know what to tell u i dont have a whole lot of experience buying cars, im sure somone on here can give u a bit more info on that situation but personally i would just give them a call and see what u can do.

invisible
10-12-2006, 12:21 AM
yea they specifically said nothin was wrong with it and I have two people as witnesses. its a 98 audi a4 1.8tq. from marietta automax so it is a dealer and it is exactlly as it was when I got it earlier today. even got the sticker still on.

ka-t_Zenki
10-12-2006, 12:58 AM
im not sure about ga, but in florida theres a lemon law and u could bring it back in 30 days unless it clearly states "as is" otherwise is it assumed to be in perfect working order

invisible
10-12-2006, 09:11 AM
^^ i hope thats the case here too. i repeatdly asked them was anything wrong with the car. all answers were no, the car is fine etc. test drove it but u know how that goes, just down the block for a few mintues. i drive it for more that 4 mintues like 30 minutes and car starts jacking off and then the check engine light comes on. wtf? i'm pissed i seriously want to burn the whole fucking lot to the ground...but i know better than that. they just need to take the car back and void out the purchasing.

soul
10-12-2006, 09:12 AM
I bout a car toda and while driving hpme the check engine light came on and the engine was like misfiring n some more crazy shit. is there a law that like says I can return it within 48 or 72 hrs or something? I want out of the deal. it hasn't been 24 hrs yet.
Damn sounds like when i bought i car from Rons auto sales, misfiring and shit, car shut off during a pour down, wheel locked up of course, and went straight off the road.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-12-2006, 09:14 AM
I think if you turn it in that day it shouldn't be a problem..

I've had this problem happen before, for small dealerships, they have a "no return" policy, but I think if its w/i 24 hours, they'll do it..

invisible
10-12-2006, 09:21 AM
yea i bought it yester day, i plan on taking it back today.

Halfwit
10-12-2006, 09:25 AM
i odnt know

hemi
10-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Good luck... They should let you return it, but they will try to charge a lot of junk fees. ie mileage, restocking, detailing, bogus paperwork fees...

Stand your ground, and they will wave all of them...

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-12-2006, 10:37 AM
I know what your going thru man....

invisible
10-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Good luck... They should let you return it, but they will try to charge a lot of junk fees. ie mileage, restocking, detailing, bogus paperwork fees...

Stand your ground, and they will wave all of them...

yea i figured they are going to do all of that bs but i'm thinking of going up there with some of the "boy's" and a lawyer just incase. they are so shady acting now. they weren't at first. they seem like...goons from the mob or something.

invisible
10-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I know what your going thru man....

glad i'm not the only one that has had a problem like this. this problem has ruined my entire month. i hate when people are shady and decietful just to make a quick buck fuck that get a real job. :2up:

hemi
10-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Um, I don't know if I would take my boys. Try first to approach it as a business transaction. The lawyer would be overkill. Just say that you know your rights, and they sold you a lemon.
* If they are goons in the mob, your boys would make it much worse. Once you take it there, you can't make things civil again...

Just get a manager, or the owner...

invisible
10-12-2006, 11:14 AM
^^^ i agree with that, its just my frustration point with them. its soo not fair, i wonder how many people they have fucked over like that. its crazy. the dealership that is doing an inspection for me said that the ecu had been reset yesterday to clear the check engine lights.

invisible
10-12-2006, 02:42 PM
well...i called the dealership and they were beyond unresonable. I talked to the owner and i told him what happened and that I wanted to return the car and void the deal. I told him what happened and I also took the car to be inspected and found out that the breaks need to be changed, the turbo is going out and has some bad shaft play, cyclender 3 is misfiring, the powersteering pump is going out or has "a problem" amongst other things. he said that he is NOT willing to take the car back but if i bring it in he would have someone "look" at it and fix what is wrong. I told him i didn't want that because when i asked if there was anything wrong with it i was told no, it was fine. I test drove the car and at the time, the battery was dead and had to be replaced so the ECU was reset...no check engine light, after driving, the check engine light appears and my car starts to stumble and stutter when driving etc. i tell him that he sold me a lemon and that it was not as originally stated and i wanted to bring it back. he told me that he would not take it back and if i wanted to bring it in, he would fix it but other than that "have a good day" and "congratulations on your purchase" and hung up in my face...i call back, inform him that i will be seeking legal action, informed him that i will be bringing the car back to his lot today and that I would like full refund of my down payment. He said that he would not take it back and he was not going to give me any money back. He then said the only way he would take it back is by repossession...stuck. i have no idea what to do. does anyone have any guidance that they can give me on this one?

hemi
10-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Did you happen to write a check for the down payment?

Cancel it... and call Clark Howard...

invisible
10-12-2006, 03:35 PM
i didn't write a check, i wish i did though. i'm stuck now i have no idea what the heck to do.

Julio
10-12-2006, 05:00 PM
http://www.autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_LemonMM2.html

http://www.autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/Georgia_GA_lemonlaw.html

http://wsf.carfax.com/cfm/general_check.cfm?partner=APD_0

or call clark howard (404) 872-0750