PDA

View Full Version : Define

Bajjani
10-11-2006, 11:23 PM
EMO music

people use this term so losely now its ridiculous

i've had someone tell me INCUBUS is emo and so is linkin park..

Personally, I like most music people consider emo and I don't wear girl pants, hate my life, or //wrist or blame my dad for all wrong in my life..

so I'm just curious when you call someone emo or say a band is emo, what are you basing this off of

lets not come in this thread flaming no one called me emo i'm just starting a discussion

HvyArms
10-11-2006, 11:26 PM
In retrospect, PeeWee's playhouse is some weeeeeeird shit

Bajjani
10-11-2006, 11:29 PM
oookay then...

HvyArms
10-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Dude, I dont even know what EMO is. Sorry

Stormhammer
10-11-2006, 11:35 PM
pee wee's play house... why oh why is it on adult swim?

Hulud
10-11-2006, 11:36 PM
i've had someone tell me INCUBUS is emo and so is linkin park..
nah they are just radio crap

so I'm just curious when you call someone emo or say a band is emo, what are you basing this off of

so your asking what do i base it off when i call a band emo?

when their songs are emotionally driven and its that soft beat to it

but emos lame anyways

Hulud
10-11-2006, 11:40 PM
o and watch this video
http://www.somethingdirectory.com/main_emo.htm

HvyArms
10-11-2006, 11:41 PM
pee wee's play house... why oh why is it on adult swim?

I have no idea. I used to watch the hell outta that when I was a kid, that joint is ODD

Bajjani
10-11-2006, 11:44 PM
lol
i think country is gay
i'd prefer a song that has emotion behind it then a song about someone thinking a tractor is sexy

omghey lame^

but thats my .02

Hulud
10-11-2006, 11:47 PM
lol
i think country is gay
i'd prefer a song that has emotion behind it then a song about someone thinking a tractor is sexy

omghey lame^

but thats my .02
coutry sucks just as bad as emo

cause they both have lyrics about the same shit lol

about how their g/f left them :gay:

Bajjani
10-11-2006, 11:48 PM
lol
majority of bands you'd consider emo
95% of their songs aren't about gfs leaving them

swiftblaze
10-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Heh, EMO to me is some bitchy, whiny, high-pitched "band members" (if you'd call them that) who always sing about everyone hating them, life sucks, girlfriend dumped me, being a loser, or going ahead and ending it. Here's my :2cents: on the matter:

Quit fucking singing it and go ahead and end it. That way I don't get a fucking headache and you can stop singing in your miserable existence you call a life. There's my half-awake late night ramble about emo....

Hulud
10-12-2006, 01:01 AM
exactly, why not actually use your brain and write music about something of importance, rather than petty whiny shit

ex. politics, religion, society etc...

you know stuff that actually stimulates the brain, rather than shit that everyone goes through day to day. why not give others insight and new ideas :goodjob:

2.0civic
10-12-2006, 01:04 AM
hulud, you listen to straylight run lol?

Hulud
10-12-2006, 01:06 AM
hulud, you listen to straylight run lol?
no, fuck victory records

and fuck tony victory

Hulud
10-12-2006, 01:07 AM
only 2 good bands on that label, comeback kid and darkest hour

swiftblaze
10-12-2006, 01:09 AM
exactly, why not actually use your brain and write music about something of importance, rather than petty whiny shit

ex. politics, religion, society etc...

you know stuff that actually stimulates the brain, rather than shit that everyone goes through day to day. why not give others insight and new ideas :goodjob:

Exactly! Instead, they just want to try and bring everyone down to their level. Someone needs to introduce a Smith and Wesson to them. :goodjob: I like to listen to music that actually has some meaning. Those three things you mentioned (politics,religion, and society) all make for some good music. For example, the song "Imagine" by John Lennon. Good shit. Plus, A Perfect Circle did a great remake of it. I don't understand how people classify Incubus as emo, even though I don't really like Incubus anyway.

Hulud
10-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Exactly! Instead, they just want to try and bring everyone down to their level. Someone needs to introduce a Smith and Wesson to them. :goodjob: I like to listen to music that actually has some meaning. Those three things you mentioned (politics,religion, and society) all make for some good music. For example, the song "Imagine" by John Lennon. Good shit. Plus, A Perfect Circle did a great remake of it. I don't understand how people classify Incubus as emo, even though I don't really like Incubus anyway.
true, well im out gotta get up soon

also move this to the music section lol

swiftblaze
10-12-2006, 01:12 AM
true, well im out gotta get up soon

also move this to the music section lol

Yeah, same here. Later.

Bajjani
10-12-2006, 06:08 AM
umm
singing about politics - ghey

aiden, silverstein, hawthorne heights, straylight run, bullet for my valentine, from first to last, rise against, red jumpsuit apparatus, armor for sleep, funeral for a friend, coheed and cambria, my chemical romance, 30 seconds to mars..

those are some of my bands i listen to

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-12-2006, 10:55 AM
I thought there was a thread about what EMO meant? Hmm...

Ed
10-12-2006, 11:08 AM
My chemical romance. pretty emo. Taking back sunday, senses fail, the used. Emo. Underoath, mixture of screamo/emo. Incubus. Def not emo, whoever said that does not know genres of music. He'd prob say ludacris is country.

Hulud
10-12-2006, 02:27 PM
umm
singing about politics - ghey

aiden, silverstein, hawthorne heights, straylight run, bullet for my valentine, from first to last, rise against, red jumpsuit apparatus, armor for sleep, funeral for a friend, coheed and cambria, my chemical romance, 30 seconds to mars..

those are some of my bands i listen to
ok so singing about something that a middle schooler would write is not? :lmfao:

and your list is pretty emo there

Bajjani
10-12-2006, 02:43 PM
exactly
like i said i listen to bands most people consider emo

so that must make me emo?

silverstein/bfmv are more screamo

and yes this thread is tryin to figure out how people define emo music cause it is far off from where the term emo started

Hulud
10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
exactly
like i said i listen to bands most people consider emo

so that must make me emo?
if you can relate to the lyrics, yes :goodjob:

silverstein/bfmv are more shit
yup, couldnt agree with you more lol

and yes this thread is tryin to figure out how people define emo music cause it is far off from where the term emo started
then whats "your" definition of emo

cause it came from emotional (as in touchy feely) lyrics, which is basically what i stated before

Ran
10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
My Chemical Romance sucks ballz. Not gonna lie.

Emo music doesn't bother me that much but "screamo" annoys the sh*t out of me. The new band FlyLeaf for example, I can't stand. Tiny chick that screams like a man about how sick she is? :gay:

Bajjani
10-12-2006, 02:58 PM
okay
so
if music defines the kind of person you are then because i listen to emo music i am emo?

then how do people define emo based on looks if this is the case, cause my hair is naturally black, so does that make me emo also? or is it the style of clothing i wear?

changing words in quotes in an argument is retarded lol

Hulud
10-12-2006, 03:07 PM
okay
so
if music defines the kind of person you are then because i listen to emo music i am emo?
as i just said, if you can relate to the lyrics, yes

then how do people define emo based on looks if this is the case, cause my hair is naturally black, so does that make me emo also? or is it the style of clothing i wear?
people are called emo based on looks, because of the emo scene kids dress a certain way

changing words in quotes in an argument is retarded lol
this is an argument? :lmfao:

Bajjani
10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
debate
same difference
im not trying to argue

if by relate to lyrics have i ever been sad over losing a gf sure
do i cut my wrists no
do i cut myself no

but what about country songs like songs about rain, thats about losing a girl, would that be classified as country/emo?

Hulud
10-12-2006, 03:13 PM
debate
same difference
im not trying to argue

if by relate to lyrics have i ever been sad over losing a gf sure
do i cut my wrists no
do i cut myself no

but what about country songs like songs about rain, thats about losing a girl, would that be classified as country/emo?
sure why not lol

but emo music is that softer more melodic with the emotional lyrics

Bajjani
10-12-2006, 03:18 PM
so emo is soft music w/emotional driven lyrics?

Hulud
10-12-2006, 03:22 PM
so emo is soft music w/emotional driven lyrics?
never said soft, i said melodic

Bajjani
10-12-2006, 03:25 PM

Odd..it says softer up there

Hulud
10-12-2006, 03:28 PM
odd, you need to quote what your referring to :doh:

sure why not lol

thats what i posted right above what you just said

it doesnt matter anyways emo music = :gay:

im done discussing this horrible music

Master Shake
10-12-2006, 03:34 PM
i thought someone explained this shit a while back.....something about it how MTV made it "emotional" when it was really like emotive hardcore or some shit.

Bajjani
10-12-2006, 03:34 PM
im not forcing you to lol
and you said you never said soft
i showed you where you said softer and melodic

and if thats the case
what about hawthorne heights who contains a lot of screamo, as does aiden silverstein and bfmv..

those aren't softer/melodic

Bajjani
10-12-2006, 03:35 PM
it was emotional hardcore

Hulud
10-12-2006, 03:50 PM
im not forcing you to lol
and you said you never said soft
i showed you where you said softer and melodic

and if thats the case
what about hawthorne heights who contains a lot of screamo, as does aiden silverstein and bfmv..

those aren't softer/melodic
they are melodic fyi, k done now lol

Bajjani
10-12-2006, 05:38 PM
lol
get outta my thread biatch!