PDA

View Full Version : Stopped by PoPo again!!! (long story)

HvyArms
10-11-2006, 09:20 AM
So, as some of you already know, my car has swedish plates. Sometime's I get the wrong kind of attention, and Im changing them over to GA plates soon blab blab. Last night I was stopped by cops again, this time a few friends were tailing me. We have this understanding, that if we're following one another, and the cops pull up next to us whether on the street or the expressway, we tailgate. Not enough to get pulled over, but just enough to prevent the cops from getting in between us. And if one of us gets stopped, we all stop.

So anyway, I'm on Candler last night headed to agnes scott, and my friends were behind me in a 330. Somehow the got caught at the light at Glenwood but I made it through. But as I crossed it, a DekalbCountyPolice car made a right and was cruising behind me. I slowed up, so that I wouldnt leave my friends because they didnt know how to get to where we were going. By the time I reached the next light, the DCP car was behind mine and my friends were in the left lane right next to the cops. So, the cops are looking at each other, I'm watching them in the rearview. They look over at my friends, laughing and the cop who's driving says "what the hell!". They didn't realize that the car to their left was with me.

Anyway, I'm sitting there waiting for them to figure out if they wanna stop me or not. The light turns green, and after about a block, they hit their lights. I pull over, the cops pull over, and my friends pull over behind the cop car. 5 minutes we're sitting on the street, no one's moving, then another DCP cars pulls up behind my friends. So all four cars are sitting on the street, and finally the cops behind me get out and approach my car.

Cop1: Goodevening sir, how are you tonight?

Me: I'm we..

Cop1: Would you mind showing me your driver's license(sp)

Me: hmm, not at all. is there a problem?

Cop1: ....

Me: ha.....ok?

Cop2: Where is this car from sir?

Me: Sweden

Cop1: Do you live in Sweden?

Me: No I live in Fulton

Cop1: Where's that?

Me: Wha...

Cop2: He means fulton county!

Me: Yeah, Fulton County?

Cop1: So, you gotta tell me. How do you get away with driving around on these plates?

Me: :::fool you're the cop, you tell ME::: I haven't really had any problems actually.

Cop1: What kind of name is this?

Me: Arabic.

Cop1: Where are you from?

Me: California.

Cop2: But where were you born?

Me: Compton

Cop2: Then where are your parents from?

Me: My parents? My parents aren't in the car with me, why does that matter?

Cop1: Sir sir sir, it's just a question. Answer it.

Me: I don't know where they're from, you might wanna ask them. I think my father is from Eeron and my mom is from Prague.

Cop2: Eeron?

Me: Yeah, you know. Eyeran? Why did you stop me?

Cop1: I just wanted to ask you about these plates. When do you plan on changing them over?

Me: Sir, with all due respect, I'm not braking any laws. I'm a college student.

Cop1: No warrants?

Me: No warrants.

Cop1: No felonies?

Me: What?

Cop1: Would you object to a vehicle search?

Me: Yup. Customs held my car for 2 months, and they literally took it completely apart. They didn't find anything, so I doubt that you will.

Cop2: Alright sir, you have a good night.

Cop1: ?

Me: ?

Cop2: I'm ready if you are.

Cop1: Sir, get GA tags on this car alright? If I see you again, I'm gonna impound your vehicle.

Me: ?......thanks

Then they got back into there car, and drove off. The cops who were in the second car behind my friends never even got out. So they stopped me, to talk...about nothing? The shit tooks almost an hr. What the hell? I know I'm missing something, someone explain to me what happened? This happened last night, and I had the whole night to think it over. I still dont get what happened.

ahmonrah
10-11-2006, 09:27 AM
ah, you love it.....:goodjob:

babygurl
10-11-2006, 09:28 AM
ok what exactly are the laws with out of country plates?

I mean if you are suppose to have state issued plates, keep the swedish plates on and just put the other ga state issued in your back windshield??

again i dont know the laws so please explain them to me?

Jimmy B
10-11-2006, 09:32 AM
it looks suspisious.. do the EASY thing, and switch it over to US plates.. it will cure alot of headaches.. trust me,.. i did everything on my car that i could that WAS legal, but didnt look legal

SLOWLYbtngU
10-11-2006, 09:34 AM
I am sorry but after following u that night and watching people give the wtf? look...Yeah ur tags stand out...

He just wanted to make conversation. They are allowed to get bored to ya know.

HvyArms
?

I mean if you are suppose to have state issued plates, keep the swedish plates on and just put the other ga state issued in your back windshield??

?

this is what I was planning to do, but at this point, Im not even sure. And I dont know exactly what the law is. I dont think the police really know either, and thats why it's also so strange when they stop me. We're just looking at each other half the time, like duuuuhhhh

ORGANIZATIONXIII
yeah, after the first time, I would have thought you would have gotten GA plates.. whats the hold up?

HvyArms
I am sorry but after following u that night and watching people give the wtf? look...Yeah ur tags stand out...

He just wanted to make conversation. They are allowed to get bored to ya know.

too true.

SLOWLYbtngU
10-11-2006, 09:40 AM
this is what I was planning to do, but at this point, Im not even sure. And I dont know exactly what the law is. I dont think the police really know either, and thats why it's also so strange when they stop me. We're just looking at each other half the time, like duuuuhhhh

Look it up??? I would have done this a long long longgggg time ago...Print them out keep it in the car, next time they pull u over read it together :)

yeah, after the first time, I would have thought you would have gotten GA plates.. whats the hold up?

Have u ever heard of stubborn?? Yeah uh...yeah :)

too true.
:yes:

babygurl
10-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Well then just get the legal plates, but keep them in the back windshield, and check up on the laws. Like someone else said it will save a lot of headaches

SLOWLYbtngU
10-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Let him have headaches..I think he likes them, personally...

Crazy Asian
10-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Shutup....your the ones who starts to hit on them and then they give you a "warning"

SLOWLYbtngU
10-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Shutup....your the ones who starts to hit on them and then they give you a "warning"
He he he...So!!?!?! Jealous?? :taun:

Crazy Asian
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Yes I even tried this on a girl cop...she said do you want to goto jail tonight?

babygurl
10-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Yes I even tried this on a girl cop...she said do you want to goto jail tonight?

I would have respond with "Only if you want to frisk me?"

2.0civic
you were like "wanna frisk me??"

dont lie:lmfao:

2.0civic
damn 30 second rule, great minds think alike!

Crazy Asian
10-11-2006, 09:51 AM
.....no comment.

babygurl
10-11-2006, 09:51 AM
damn 30 second rule, great minds think alike!

heh I hear ya

Crazy Asian
10-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Though actually I got frisked by 2 black cops. I was in LA and I got pulled over and my friend and I stood outside while on guy patted me down. Dude that felt really uncomfortable. I ono about you but when a black guy touchs your ass in a carressive way...that goes way tooo far.

Sammich
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
sorry bout ya headache homay

RISKYB
10-11-2006, 10:01 AM
what the hell???????????

Tank
10-11-2006, 10:02 AM
i had teh same problem once i returned from germany i had german plates and thes dumb fucking cops dont know there own law til they pull you over and waste about 1 hr of your time sorry to hear someone else had to go through the stupidity

HvyArms
10-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Well, from what I know about the law, you have to have state tags on your car if you're a resident. I am, I mean I'm a student but I'm also a resident. And I dont have any papers that say I'm from Sweden. They get confused though, somehow me telling them that the car was shipped here from Sweden just f's their mind up. It's not that complicated, but street cops are kind, mmm oopid. Kinda dumb, so they wanna harrass me about the law, that Im not even breaking. I'M A DAMN LAW STUDENT, why they wanna test my gangsta?

SLOWLYbtngU
10-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Cuz ur umm oopid...

SLOWLYbtngU
10-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Oh are u going to the meet on Fri? I convinced my roomie to go w/ me to a "car" thing...I am so excited!!!

HvyArms
10-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Oh are u going to the meet on Fri? I convinced my roomie to go w/ me to a "car" thing...I am so excited!!!

where is it gonna be?

babygurl
10-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Well, from what I know about the law, YOU HAVE TO HAVE STATE TAGS ON YOUR CAR IF YOU'RE A RESIDENT. I AM, I mean I'm a student but I'm also a resident. And I dont have any papers that say I'm from Sweden. They get confused though, somehow me telling them that the car was shipped here from Sweden just f's their mind up. It's not that complicated, but street cops are kind, mmm oopid. Kinda dumb, so they wanna harrass me about the law, that Im not even breaking. I'M A DAMN LAW STUDENT, why they wanna test my gangsta?

I dont see how they are trying to test you? iF you have to have State issued tags then get them and stop bitching....problem solved

SLOWLYbtngU
10-11-2006, 10:49 AM
where is it gonna be?
OMG!! Go to Whoreslounge front page and look at the stickies...It is most likely the first one..."Oktoberfest"

That thing...

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but what kind of car do you drive?

05Tib
10-11-2006, 10:52 AM
part of all the time it took is when your friends got off the road behind the police car. They didnt want to get out in fear they may get shot or something over a traffic stop so they called in another car to park behind your friends to hopefully keep anything bad from happening to them

HvyArms
10-11-2006, 10:56 AM
part of all the time it took is when your friends got off the road behind the police car. They didnt want to get out in fear they may get shot or something over a traffic stop so they called in another car to park behind your friends to hopefully keep anything bad from happening to them

yeah I totally understand that, it happens all of the time. my issue, is that they stopped me, and didnt even come up with a citation. why stop me if you;re not gonna cite me. Like Slowly said, to talk I guess. Im getting GA plates though

SLOWLYbtngU
10-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Im getting GA plates though
And therefore...this thread is done....

So...U going or not?

05Tib
10-11-2006, 11:46 AM
yeah I totally understand that, it happens all of the time. my issue, is that they stopped me, and didnt even come up with a citation. why stop me if you;re not gonna cite me. Like Slowly said, to talk I guess. Im getting GA plates though

agree. stopping u over plates that they dont even know the law about is dumb. Wasted your time theirs over nothing... if they knew what they were doing then it would be diffrent.

ahmonrah
10-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes I even tried this on a girl cop...she said do you want to goto jail tonight?bwahaahahaha!!!!!

~The_Duke~
10-11-2006, 12:32 PM
quit your bitching I have gotten pulled over like 5 times in the last 3 months...