PDA

View Full Version : Misc Mike Jones

MitsuEvo6
05-30-2005, 01:07 AM
http://www.b95forlife.com/cc-common/feeds/view.php?feed_id=388&feed=/cdreview.html&instance=1&article_id=22099

haha..funny shit

JITB
05-30-2005, 01:50 AM
Hes selling records tho!

JustinSane110™
05-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Hes selling records tho!
Sad part is that it doesn't take any amount of talent to sell records anymore.

JITB
05-30-2005, 05:36 AM
Thats all opinion..The artists who sell the most records are the ones who ppl "claim" to dislike so much. i have always found that funny. No matter what genre it is Rock - pop - rap - whatever. its almost cool to not like popular artists. I like to see ppl come from deep underground and become superstars and houselhold names..thats what everyone works for. Got to be doing something right or have soem sort of talent, to get millions of ppl to buy your cd.

threehundred
05-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Thats all opinion..The artists who sell the most records are the ones who ppl "claim" to dislike so much. i have always found that funny. No matter what genre it is Rock - pop - rap - whatever. its almost cool to not like popular artists. I like to see ppl come from deep underground and become superstars and houselhold names..thats what everyone works for. Got to be doing something right or have soem sort of talent, to get millions of ppl to buy your cd.

I agree completely. Sometimes music may get old to you, because you hear it everywhere, once they're popular, but they must be doing something right

green91
05-31-2005, 11:48 AM
I got the cd this morning and listened to it. Its absolutely terrible

JITB
05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
im a mike jones fan , and i think the album isnt too good either.. compared to his mix tapes.

NzProjeKt
05-31-2005, 05:37 PM
I cant understand what the big deal is about Mike Jones and alot of these new rap cats comming out of Houston... To me hearing that "Who Is Mike Jones" over and over again seems kinda corny... and personally speaking it seems as if the whole chopped/screwed sensation died a year ago.. If you think about it chopping or screwing a song shouldnt require much talent..

thinkfast®
05-31-2005, 06:46 PM
it aint about talent, its about whats been around Houston and a lot of the midwest for a while now (I was listenin to that shit back in like 96-97) and what those people among others, are buying. I agree w/ you I cant stand Mike jones, but the other cats got some flow/skills. Paul Wall is somethin serious, and Swisha House has been one of the underrated labels since I can remember...

JITB
06-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Every since screw died, everyoen has been tryin to do waht he did. And the only person/place that did it was SwishaHouse. it aint hard to screw/Chop a song, but thats not the point. Its like tradition ,like cheap clothes...all clothes are the same, its just some are brand name and some arent. Micheal Watts -RonC - Paul Wall Screw/Chop albums and been doing it for awhile. The old houston rappers (lil keke - fat pat - big pokey etc. used to have their records chopped by the originator Dj Screw. Swishahouse at once had Mike JONes - Lil Flip - Paul Wall - SLimm THugg - Chamillionaire all udner the same roof. All those artist have blew up, and left Swisha House. I was born and raised in Hosuton and grew up listen to this stuff, SOUTH TEXAS MOTHERFUCKA!!!!! . Anyone listen to SPM South PArk Mexican...one of my favorite rappers. I dotn care what anyone says, regardless if you like a rapper or not thats all opinion, but any artists that sells millions and millions of records, has to have talent to be able to do that.

djdetox
06-01-2005, 06:44 AM
I'm Mike Jones Bitch!!!!

threehundred
06-01-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm Mike Jones Bitch!!!!

Who?

djdetox
06-01-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't care....shitty rapper or not!@

His beats are phat! and he's ghetto as hell!! I think Crime Mob, Dem Franchise Boyz, Slim Thug and Mike jones should to do a phatty remix, he he :) Now that would be some gangsta shit, he he :)

JITB
06-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Who?

Marta Mike
06-01-2005, 08:05 PM
i personally like "back then" dont care what yall fuckers say that shit is hot!

Negrodamus
06-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Track #5 produced by Dj Paul and Juicy J is hot, But most of their beats are hot.

JITB
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Track #5 produced by Dj Paul and Juicy J is hot, But most of their beats are hot.

If u like that one u should hear the original version. The one on the album is a remix by djpaul/juicyJ. Download: Mike Jones - Sewed Up one of his best songs, with the homealone beat in the background..

Negrodamus
06-01-2005, 09:57 PM
If u like that one u should hear the original version. The one on the album is a remix by djpaul/juicyJ. Download: Mike Jones - Sewed Up one of his best songs, with the homealone beat in the background..
Damn just downloaded it and its hot as hell. Preciate that one man :goodjob:

djdetox
06-01-2005, 10:33 PM
yea...I just downloaded it too! Pretty tight....

These are pretty hot too!

Pimp c - Hoggin the game
Mike Jones - Back Then
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones
Swisha House - Archie Lee
Trillville - Some cut
50 cent - slim thug 3 kings remix
slim thug - im the boss
Maceo - hoe sit down
D4L - can't do it like me
3 6 mafia - who I is

JustinSane110™
06-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Not necessarily(sp?), are you saying Lil Jon has any kinda lyrical talent? Ashlee Simpson? Fuckin William Hung is selling records and concerts. It's just a matter of clever marketing in a lot of cases.

I think the case with people not liking the ones who sell the most CD's are the hardcore or more serious fans that see the artist as going too commercial in their quest to make it big. The big chunk of sales come from people wanting to have the latest thing out, or have whatever is force-fed to them by MTV or whatever. All it takes is hype, clever marketing, and buzz to sell records, talent is optional anymore.

JITB
06-02-2005, 01:31 AM
LIl jon Doesnt rap, he produces... Ashlee Simpson was a spin off of here sister. to me she can sing sort of she fucked up on SNL, nobody really talked about AShlee simpson until the whole SNL thing happen, which is funny. Before that everyone was just sayin she has big tits, and she was ugly. William Hung...wow thats super marketing..off of AI. Music is music, if u sell records u will go commercial. That comes with the territory. You cant go triple platinum without being commercial...it happens. U cant sell records without marketing/hype/buzz. Some Artists change...But i mean if you got some guy(recird label CEO) telling u do this or im cutting your funds..for yoru records, if u aint got nothing else...most ppl are gonna do it. I agree some artists get sour when they go commercial. But i mean i just hate to hear someone say someone has No Talent, thats like a slap in the face, and all their hardwork and comeup wasted.

Sledlude
06-02-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't care....shitty rapper or not!@

His beats are phat! and he's ghetto as hell!! I think Crime Mob, Dem Franchise Boyz, Slim Thug and Mike jones should to do a phatty remix, he he :) Now that would be some gangsta shit, he he :)

good lord i hope youre kidding... that shit would make my ears bleed

NzProjeKt
06-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Maceo - hoe sit down

I Cant Stand Those Tracks...

good lord i hope youre kidding... that shit would make my ears bleed
Bwwahahaa... That collab would fawkin suck, Slim Thug would have the only good verse..

Sledlude
06-05-2005, 03:37 PM
yea...I just downloaded it too! Pretty tight....

Pimp c - Hoggin the game
Mike Jones - Back Then
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones
Swisha House - Archie Lee
Trillville - Some cut
50 cent - slim thug 3 kings remix
slim thug - im the boss
Maceo - hoe sit down
3 6 mafia - who I is

damn steve, how in the hell can you put Mobb Deep in the same list as all that other crap? shook ones is a classic.