PDA

View Full Version : F/s OR F/t... 1993 Yamaha FZR 600R

Kalifornia087
10-09-2006, 09:15 PM
So I've made a decision i didn't want to. Im going to put the bike up for sale.

I really need to sink some money into my Rx7, but i also need to spend a little on a daily for the winter while the Seven undergoes work. That being said...

** Hit me with trades of equal or lesser value! I would like to sell, but i will definitely consider trades plus cash, and depending on what you have i will also think about straight trades.

1993 FZR 600R

It isn't quite all stock... Pics are below, here's a few specs on her.
*630cc big bore kit w/ wiesco piston
*unkown cam (or so i was told, it lopes a bit thought so i guess..)
*Header and full vance and hines race exhaust
*stage 3 jet kit
*K&N Intake filter
*Barnette clutch
*stiffer sprigs front and rear
*heavy duty front shock oil
*Aftermarket Front Steering Dampner
*Fox rear shock dampner
*EBC green pads and new front rotors with 2k miles on them.
*The front rotor is designed so that if one side fails, the other still works, so in such a situation, you can still stop :goodjob: Custom is good!

The bike was originally raced back in the day. It was pulled off the track and taken over by a yamaha technician. He rebuilt the entire drivetrain at about 8,000 miles or so. then sold it to a kid who rode it back and forth to school. He sold it to the guy i bought it from

This bike runs Great. Never have problems with it starting right up. When you romp on it, it does puff a bit of smoke off the bat, but i don't know of many built vehicles that don't!

13,2xx miles. Not bad for a '93.

The only problem mechanically is this: when cruising between 5k rpms and 7k rpms, if you slowly roll on it it seems to have a stutter. This is quickly solved by: A) giving it a good rev to clear it out B) getting on it a bit harder or downshifting to clear it out, then going back to normal

That is the only querk. It rides great. Runs Great. It's just great dammit!

The body is not perfect. the first day i had it, somebody hit it while i was in pendegrass flea market. So there are a couple small cracks in the front fairing, and one on the side. Nothing major. Bike still looks good IMO.

There might be something im forgetting, but that's all im willing to remember at the moment...

It's pretty fast for an old bike. Actually, for a 1993 600, it's really fast. It's just as fast (if not a tad little bit faster) than my good friends 2005 yzf 600R.

Price: 3200 OBO. It's negotiable. don't be afraid to lowball, if i think it's to low, i'll just let you know. It's that easy! you won't hurt my feelings. However, i know what i want for the bike, and it's pretty close to what im asking.

**If you want to test ride it, i better have 3k cash in my hand, because if you leave and don't come back, or if you wreck it, yuo buy it! But if you got the $$ you can ride.

Contact: Austin Lawless. You can message me here via post or P.M., or call me at (404) 395-6862. Thanks.

Here's a few pics...

SE-Rious1
10-09-2006, 10:50 PM
yo austin why the hell you selling it ??

wildfire0310
10-10-2006, 05:14 PM
shit man don't sell it. I am going thursday to look at a bike and use the Miata for a loan. You know that you still going to want to ride.

Sell some other vechile you have instead.

Kalifornia087
10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I would if i could. If i can sell the tbird i'll be alright, but you know how that works sometimes, just doesn't always happen.

Im selling it because i could use the money for other things. I do not HAVE to sell it by any means, it's just i have other things that i need to worry more about right now.

-Austin

Kalifornia087
10-11-2006, 05:03 PM
TTT

Marcos Ruiz
10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Bump for a honest seller and a homie

Kalifornia087
10-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Bump for a honest seller and a homie

Thanks playa... You know it.

aaronfelipe
10-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Great writeup. Good luck Austin :goodjob:

ŁG2♣
10-11-2006, 09:02 PM
well posted :D :goodjob: Gl selling it

Kalifornia087
10-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Great writeup. Good luck Austin :goodjob:

well posted :D :goodjob: Gl selling it

Thanks guys. You know i like to write every little thing out. Honesty is the key to a good sale.

-Austin

admedlin
10-18-2006, 01:09 AM
do you think this would be a good bike for a beginning rider? I've been thinking about getting one for a while, will probably have the money together around February-ish, but I dont think i would pay more than about $2000 for a bike that old. Lemme know what you think

vjizzle
10-18-2006, 02:18 AM
that shit is old school and i like it.

Kalifornia087
10-18-2006, 07:33 PM
do you think this would be a good bike for a beginning rider? I've been thinking about getting one for a while, will probably have the money together around February-ish, but I dont think i would pay more than about $2000 for a bike that old. Lemme know what you think

A beginner could ride it. but it is pretty fast.

If i haven't sold the bike by February, i'll be keeping it. And about the $2k you would pay because its "that old"... Keep It. It's not how old, it's how well maintained, how it runs and by the way, it's far from some old stocker.
But thank you, at least someone finally made an offer!!

-Austin

Kalifornia087
10-25-2006, 08:50 PM
up.