PDA

View Full Version : "I live at home with my parents to save money for a house" v. stripper excuse...

Ruiner
10-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I felt like starting shit today, so here goes my attempt to see how many people get defensive:

It's the same damn excuse so that you don't look bad in front of your friends and/or a customer.

Seriously, these two statements are on the same level:

25 yr old man (graduated from college) - "I live at home with my parents so that I can save enough money for a downpayment on a house"

stripper talking to a guy at the club - "I only strip while I go to school during the day. Once I am done with college, I'll quit..."

Now, both statements CAN be true, but typically they are not. I am not talking about those who are in college and still living at home. That's okay as you don't really have a real job yet.

I am talking about those who have already gone to college and have a real job. How many of those people are TRULY saving money for a downpayment while living at home for free? Seriously, I have a feeling that most buy new cars, tvs, toys, etc rather than saving for a house. If the houses in that area of too expensive, I have a solution: MOVE! Get a townhouse or a condo. They don't cost as much as houses and it gets you out on your own! The market is so good that you can buy with no money down!

IBIAersgetdefensiveandlashout

civic95
10-09-2006, 10:16 AM
I just take their word for it, cause really I could careless if they want a house or like to strip. Maybe they are saving for a huge downpayment. $40K+ down vs: $10K down.

Sammich
10-09-2006, 10:17 AM
true true..

Sport1.3
10-09-2006, 10:20 AM
true most of the time...

BTEC
10-09-2006, 10:24 AM
WHO LIVES AT HOME FOR FREE?

Stormhammer
10-09-2006, 10:30 AM
^^ I actually have a 29 y/o who only pays $200 a month to his pops - he makes $120k a year - he's gettin loaded up ( I can kinda see his reasoning )

Sammich
10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
if u have no serious complications at home stay, but 29..its time to get out especially makin that money

Sport1.3
10-09-2006, 10:37 AM
haha i have a 23 yr old friend that has his own house where his mom lives with him!!! he a good guy...id never let my mom live with me...thats why she had a daughter too lol

Sammich
10-09-2006, 10:38 AM
haha i have a 23 yr old friend that has his own house where his mom lives with him!!! he a good guy...id never let my mom live with me...thats why she had a daughter too lol

X2

ToyoChick05
10-09-2006, 10:41 AM
If my parents lived in atlanta I would definately live with them untill I get married!!

Marty
10-09-2006, 10:41 AM
I put nothing down on my house..

Sammich
10-09-2006, 10:42 AM
I put nothing down on my house..

me either..no wait im renting...dummy FTL

The Golden Child
10-09-2006, 10:44 AM
If my parents lived in atlanta I would definately live with them untill I get married!!

i agree i wouldnt have to pay bills or anything ..

Ruiner
10-09-2006, 10:44 AM
I just take their word for it, cause really I could careless if they want a house or like to strip. Maybe they are saving for a huge downpayment. $40K+ down vs: $10K down.

No no, don't confuse the two. I was saying that guys/people that use that excuse are the same as strippers who use their excuse for why they strip.

This isn't about strippers buying houses...

Marty
10-09-2006, 10:45 AM
me either..no wait im renting...dummy FTL

Haha, actually it's only about $150 more a month to buy my house in Norcross than rent my apt. in Dunwoody

ShooterMcGavin
10-09-2006, 10:46 AM
:wgaf: seriously though, i really don't care, do whatever u want. everyone knows deep down what they're doing it and why they're doing it.

ToyoChick05
10-09-2006, 10:46 AM
No no, don't confuse the two. I was saying that guys/people that use that excuse are the same as strippers who use their excuse for why they strip.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

The Golden Child
10-09-2006, 10:47 AM
but by the time im 25 id want to own my own house ..

Ruiner
10-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Sometimes it is just time to get out and move on. You gotta grow up sometime and experience REAL life. Delaying it FTL!

Crazy Asian
10-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Ha whos stupid enough to get a downpayment for a house. Hell Im saving up for just apt. but my fuckin rents litterally want me to move out till I get MARRIED!! THE FUCK!!!???

con
10-09-2006, 10:50 AM
to each their own, but after going off to college I couldn't see myself moving back home. my mom isn't bad but still, then again maybe she is. hell at a dinner party last year I asked to be served a glass of wine and she responded "you don't drink". needless to say I didn't get any and I was 26 at the time.

Sammich
10-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Haha, actually it's only about $150 more a month to buy my house in Norcross than rent my apt. in Dunwoody

yea i know, thats why when my lease is up im trying to buy..im looking right now, my lease is up in february

The Golden Child
10-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Sometimes it is just time to get out and move on. You gotta grow up sometime and experience REAL life. Delaying it FTL!

yea i was paying rent when i was 18 and before that i was living with my friends for a little while ..

Sammich
10-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Ha whos stupid enough to get a downpayment for a house. Hell Im saving up for just apt. but my fuckin rents litterally want me to move out till I get MARRIED!! THE FUCK!!!???

it is smart, but to have 10k saved w/ all the other bills your paying..aint da easiest thing to do, especially when u have an addiction to cars

Ruiner
10-09-2006, 10:53 AM
yea i was paying rent when i was 18 and before that i was living with my friends for a little while ..

I was paying rent, working, and going to school from 18-23. I graduated college, got an apartment, and went from there.

Sammich
10-09-2006, 10:53 AM

x2 thats why im doing what i do..hopefully ill never rent in my life again, thats about 7k down the drain for me

Ruiner
10-09-2006, 10:54 AM
it is smart, but to have 10k saved w/ all the other bills your paying..aint da easiest thing to do, especially when u have an addiction to cars

Sometimes you have to grow up and realize what your priorities really are in terms of planning for the future.

The Golden Child
10-09-2006, 10:55 AM
I was paying rent, working, and going to school from 18-23. I graduated college, got an apartment, and went from there.

i dropped out when i was 17 and worked and still working and just renting ..

i wanna buy a house but not now i need a car first .. lolz

Sammich
10-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Sometimes you have to grow up and realize what your priorities really are in terms of planning for the future.

yea it took me since march until august to realize that

BTEC
10-09-2006, 11:11 AM
SUPPOSE U LIVE AT HOME AND UR IN LOVE WITH A SKRIPPUH?!! LOL!!!

Sammich
10-09-2006, 11:11 AM
SUPPOSE U LIVE AT HOME AND UR IN LOVE WITH A SKRIPPUH?!! LOL!!!

:lmfao: :lmfao: ..then u gota lota pain to deal w/

BTEC
10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: ..then u gota lota pain to deal w/
DAMN!! GUESS I NEED TO PUT THINGS ON HOLD TIL I MOVE OUT THEN HUH? THIS SUCKS BUDDUNKUH!!!

Sammich
10-09-2006, 11:15 AM
LIRL

The Golden Child
10-09-2006, 11:18 AM
BUH DUNK A DUNK ..

Mike Lowrey
10-09-2006, 11:47 AM
25 yr old man (graduated from college) - "I live at home with my parents so that I can save enough money for a downpayment on a house"

Bullshit excuse. You want to save money, get a cheap apartment and save. This excuse is for people who are lazy and want mom and dad to take care of them forever. Get a life, move on, grow up and suppurt yourself.

stripper talking to a guy at the club - "I only strip while I go to school during the day. Once I am done with college, I'll quit..."

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: Yeah right.....enough said.

Ruiner
10-09-2006, 01:01 PM
i dropped out when i was 17 and worked and still working and just renting ..

i wanna buy a house but not now i need a car first .. lolz

Go back to school, get your degree, and then go off to college.

Sammich
10-09-2006, 01:05 PM
albert einstein

AB3dj
10-09-2006, 01:12 PM
i live w/ my mom but i also pay her rent. lifestyle changes for me = not a lot of money = waiting for a raise lol...

Sammich
10-09-2006, 01:13 PM
also = big ssa ugly sunglasses and imitating spinnin rims

AB3dj
10-09-2006, 01:14 PM
all of that's very true except it being me

Sammich
10-09-2006, 01:15 PM
LOLERCOPTERZ

Ran
10-09-2006, 01:48 PM
21, in college, and moving out this weekend. Woot! :bump:

Mike Lowrey
10-09-2006, 01:51 PM

x2

Master Shake
10-09-2006, 01:55 PM
I felt like starting shit today.

first and foremost....starting shit always leads to some funny shit:goodjob:

i'm 19 and i still live at home....BUT i also work, and go to school and give my mom some rent money as well and keep the house clean. as soon as i finish school, i'll be out looking for a job then a home. if i made enough money now to make my car payment AND get an apartment, then i would, but since i don't i can't do it. so i'm making my car payments and go to school. i try and help my mom out in any way that i can. i don't just bumb off her.

BTEC
10-09-2006, 02:30 PM
also = big ssa ugly sunglasses and imitating spinnin rims
THAT DUDE LOOKS LIKE A BIG RETARDED FLY. LOL!!!

civic95
10-09-2006, 02:44 PM

Yeah I know, but what if a guy/girl is saving more for a down payment than you realize.

Secondly if I was a hot girl I would strip till my body wouldn't allow it. $1000 a night PLUS to dance? I'd be retiring at 30... fuck college.

I say if your parents aren't charging you rent take advantage of it, and save some money for a down payment. Do it as long as you can. The more you put down the cheaper your payment is. Don't blow it on cars, or you'll be one of those creepy guys that lives in his parents basement, and watching star trek.

Mike Lowrey
10-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I say if your parents aren't charging you rent take advantage of it, and save some money for a down payment. Do it as long as you can.

Translation:

"Take advantage of your parents as long as you can."

Thats great, they raise you and try to prepare you for life, and this is how you pay them back? :goodjob:

civic95
10-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Translation:

"Take advantage of your parents as long as you can."

Thats great, they raise you and try to prepare you for life, and this is how you pay them back? :goodjob:

No, I bought my first house at 22. But they wouldn't mind if I was still there honestly. If I could stand being around them everyday I would still be there, and I would have $60K saved for a down payment buy now.

Sammich
10-09-2006, 02:52 PM
THAT DUDE LOOKS LIKE A BIG RETARDED FLY. LOL!!!

:lmfao: :lmfao: wasnt there a cartoon w/ a big ssa fly??

Fast Shadow
10-09-2006, 09:25 PM
A buddy of mine nearly got bounced from a strip club in Pensacola when he busted out laughing at the stripper who told him she was dancing to pay her way through college. Apparently she wasn't used to guys that weren't kissing her ass and hanging on her every word.

~The_Duke~
10-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Shit I live with my parents cas they live on the lake...and I dont have to pay rent...they arent going to get rid of me til they kick me out...

Kalifornia087
10-09-2006, 09:47 PM
18 and been out of the house for a while now. Just can't get along with my mom, and as much as i want to move bakc out to Cali with my dad, i've got to much going on here.

I've always been independent though. If i could get along with my mother for more than 2 seconds, i'd live at home to save money. but i can't.

~The_Duke~
10-09-2006, 10:00 PM
18 and been out of the house for a while now. Just can't get along with my mom, and as much as i want to move bakc out to Cali with my dad, i've got to much going on here.

I've always been independent though. If i could get along with my mother for more than 2 seconds, i'd live at home to save money. but i can't.

My solution to this problem is get a 2nd shift job say up all night and til it is time to go to work...

The Ren
10-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Scott and I intended on moving out anyways.. but since I got a bit ahead with money I decided to be smart about it..

Crazy Asian
10-09-2006, 10:02 PM
I hate saving money. It gives you the seducing look like SPEND ME FASTER HARDER AND CRAZIER!!! Then I do and then I cry.

Mike Lowrey
10-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Shit I live with my parents cas they live on the lake...and I dont have to pay rent...they arent going to get rid of me til they kick me out...

haha....mooching off mom and dad FTL.

Kevykev
10-10-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm a momma's boy and family oriented all but mom's the one that actually moved out.

LOL!

I would live home with mom till about 27 if I had to though.

Thank god I'm good at managing the finances.