PDA

View Full Version : bad day to hit the mountains

HiPSI
05-29-2005, 07:46 PM
ventured out about 10am to 129/60/52 with a group of about 8 people, ended up taking the back way over to 19 then 129. we were having great LEO free run up 129, road was clean and dry, and unfortunately in the left hander right before the cabins at the top of blood mountain my buddy yankee lowsided and sent his fairly new gsxr750 over a ledge. luckily he was fine but the bike was about 40 feet down the side of the hill. we scrambled down to it and dragged it the rest of the way down to the driveway leading into the back of the cabins, a bit of an adventure in it's own. after about an hour of working on the bike we got it restarted and i took up the task of riding the wounded bike down the hill. as we were hitting the bottom near turner's corner we came up on a downed cruiser with 2 people laying on the concrete and about 20 bikes surrounding/helping them. they didn't fare as well as my friend and at least one of the two people were life flighted out from the gas station near turner's cafe. lastly i was heading out 129 since they had 19 blocked for the helicopter and came up on a guy that had just dropped his goldwing on it's side at the stopsign coming off 75alt. just plain a bad day in the mountains, take it easy up there people.

Brett
05-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Wow, usally you dont hear of the cruisers dropping like that, especially 2 in the same area. If Leisa see's this, she will go back to not wanting me to get a bike in August....lol

ahmonrah
05-30-2005, 12:50 AM
thank god the women in my life arent members here........

David88vert
05-30-2005, 08:41 AM
I posted a reply in the GSB thread.

HiPSI
05-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Wow, usally you dont hear of the cruisers dropping like that, especially 2 in the same area. If Leisa see's this, she will go back to not wanting me to get a bike in August....lol

it was one cruiser with a husband/wife on it.