PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else seen the Magnum and Charger Cop cars???

1SICKLEX
10-08-2006, 09:20 PM
I knew they were being offered but never saw any in GA....until 2 days ago, saw one passing my damn street (Jonesboro Police) then another one later that night....
I want to say I saw one in Gwinnett as well

To my knowledge, many police departments are testing them but I can't see how they can lose to an Impala or Crown Vic....

Wow, cool cop car. Sucks to own one of these, as if they didn't have enough stereotypes, now its a cop car!

http://www.billericapolice.org/miscpics/Magnum.JPG

http://images.km.ru/auto/COP3.jpg

R.Kelly
10-08-2006, 09:24 PM
the magnum is new to me..............

Crazy Asian
10-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Ya there definitley taking changes. There seriously going for stealth. Litterally. Black out rims, chopped tailights, less amount of police decal, TINT!!!! litterally all around, and so forth. Hell I was right next to one and I though it was a domestic owner till I saw the DEKALB POLICE!!!

PRiMAdonna
10-08-2006, 09:57 PM
i've seen maybe 1 or 2 chargers...

no magnums yet, thats weird. wrong body style for a cop car IMO.

The Golden Child
10-08-2006, 09:59 PM
i see alot around my area and buford ..

8bangin302
10-08-2006, 10:01 PM
YEP IVE SEEN THEM THE STATE PATROL R V8'S BUT THE CITY IS V6 I THINK..

CHADbee
10-08-2006, 10:06 PM
covington has chargers

SLOWLYbtngU
10-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Doraville has everything...Mustang, Magnum, Charger, SWAT tank....Assholes(what they are not what they have, well....hmmm....nm)

man
10-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Saw a charger at the GT game

koukis14
10-08-2006, 10:41 PM
They put them out in NYC a few months ago to see if they could handle the abuse of the big apple and they did pretty good. I have seen a few up here and Im sure I will see some when I drive down there tomorrow. I read that Ford wanted the new 500 to be a cop car but they are slow as shit so it didnt happen. Looks like one more pair of headlights to memorize in my rearview at night.

Ericp
10-08-2006, 10:44 PM
I had a charger one pass me the other day

swiftblaze
10-09-2006, 01:32 AM
LOL. Check out Norcross Police.. They're using the 2006 Impalas now. Is it just me, or do they look like a fucked up Honda Accord with blue lights on top? :lmfao: At least the older Impalas were a little intimidating. The new chargers and magnums look sick though. Definitely stealth.

Ran
10-09-2006, 06:20 AM
Woodstock has Chargers.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
10-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Magnums aren't really pratical due to the rear trunk space, the police departments have to put up two cages, one in front where the driver/pass seats are and in the rear of the seat so offenders can't escape.

the magnums in most cases are used for other purposes, such as K-9 (which is an idea floating around) and then for like evidence or multi purpose vehicles.

I've seen a few chargers here and there, I've seen the demo model Charger that their shopping to all police depts. our PD is getting a few hopefully by the end of the year

05Tib
10-09-2006, 07:18 AM
ive seen the charger and magnum down 85 south outside the city. ive also seen some of the new body style V8 stangs that are cop cars. I know around here, duluth mostly, the cars dont have the reflective paint anymore on the sides. What they do have are small white/gray letters so it makes the car stand out even less and the low profile lights on top

slowrolla97
10-09-2006, 07:21 AM
Has anyone seen the busa cop bike? It was on speed at one time on that show super bikes. That shit is just stupid.

R.Kelly
10-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Magnums aren't really pratical due to the rear trunk space, the police departments have to put up two cages, one in front where the driver/pass seats are and in the rear of the seat so offenders can't escape.

the magnums in most cases are used for other purposes, such as K-9 (which is an idea floating around) and then for like evidence or multi purpose vehicles.

I've seen a few chargers here and there, I've seen the demo model Charger that their shopping to all police depts. our PD is getting a few hopefully by the end of the year

do you work for the pd?