PDA

View Full Version : Need Help..! How to get more MPG Question

2micro4u
10-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I just picked up a Del Sol EG2 with a d15Z1 Vtec-e swap (Came from a Civic Vx). I will be using it as my as my new daily driver.
I will be keeping it na and looking to save gas as much as possible.

*My question is? Will I save more gas or get better MPG with a stock muffer and piping or an aftermarket and wider piping?

Currently that motor gets roughly 45-48mpg City
52-55mpg Highway

Any advise or help will be great........thanks

osnap
10-19-2006, 05:57 PM
nice pickup, marlon! never imagined seeing you in a sol after seeing the evo in person this summer. anyways, i dont know about the validity coming from the manufacturers, but i do know that most companies that sell exhaust and mufflers claim improved gas mileage. sorry i cant tell you something more concrete, but TTT!

if you wanna talk to the guys who know sols inside and out, head to http://www.automotivetech.org/at/ or if you just have random questions shoot me a pm.

welcome to the family, man.:cheers:

dowhatido
10-20-2006, 11:05 AM
i agree, if car breaths better than you will save gas, but this will only work if you can keep your foot out of it! (we all know that's hard to do) put a aftermarket intake on it and call it a day, but with mpg's your getting.....i dont see it getting much better.

brads94accord
10-20-2006, 11:17 AM
i agree, if car breaths better than you will save gas, but this will only work if you can keep your foot out of it! (we all know that's hard to do) put a aftermarket intake on it and call it a day, but with mpg's your getting.....i dont see it getting much better.

I'm gonna have to agree 100% there. keep your foot off the gas, if need be, throw a few resonators in the exhuast to keep the noise down that way you dont want to push it harder so you can hear the motor.