PDA

View Full Version : Misc City of Heroes / City of Villains

Ran
10-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Anyone else got this? I picked this up instead of WoW since it's a bit more customizable and I'm not a huge fan of the medieval setting.

Who else plays? What servers do you use? :cheers:

MachNU
10-08-2006, 08:06 AM
trust me you dont want to play any further.....i had this game when it first came out and played it for about a month...this game sucks....it gets really boring and redundent after a bit...but is fun with what you can do becuase gets stupid after a bit!

HyPer50
10-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Played both when they first came out, and they both start off ok, but there is really no point to leveling.. No high end content or anything.. I'm just waiting for Vanguard Saga of Heroes to come out... should be killer.

Ran
10-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Vanguard Saga of Heroes? I dunno man, I'm getting tired of this medieval scenario gameplay. If I wanted that, I'd just play WoW.

I started two characters on the Freedom server.

Ran Kizama - Hand-to-Hand Scrapper - Level 9
Hotaru Tohno - Assault Rifle Blaster - Level 5

It's pretty fun so far. More so when you're in a team. Playing solo gets a little tiring, but completing missions or taking on mobs in a group gets pretty fun. :goodjob:

HyPer50
10-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Vanguard Saga of Heroes? I dunno man, I'm getting tired of this medieval scenario gameplay. If I wanted that, I'd just play WoW.

Eh, not like WoW lol.. WoW is in it's own little genre, and it's fun, but totally different. This is supposed to be more like the original everquest, just better in every way (not sure how they are going to do that, but hey, it's what they said)

As for CoV/CoH, it's got some initial fun (jumping blocks at a time and stuff) but it is WAAAAY too repetitive... (go to dungeon, clear dungeon, and every city in the game is basically just alike, with the same basic kind of bad guys just higher level) only point to level in the game is just to get more cool abilities. Also the fact that there is NO equipment in the game was a real turn off for me, half (more than that actually) the fun of WoW/EQ games is just equipping your guy with new/better armor and weapons and actually looking different.