PDA

View Full Version : Whyspectate????

carrascopa
05-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Just Curious Why You Guys Go To A Show That Your Car Is Not In?? Is Looking At Other Peoples Cars That Exciting To You?? Just Curious Im Not Flaming

4dmin
05-29-2005, 10:50 AM
^ w/ out spectators is there a show??? :rolleyes:

people go to have a good time, its different than just doing the same ole weekend thing... besides you get to hang w/ you fello car buddies and support the scene that brought all of us to this site ;)

Chuckster
05-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I enjoy looking at stupid shit peoole do to therre car and i also do enjoy the bad ass shit they have done to there car. And if its free for me to go, im down.

Chuckster
05-29-2005, 10:52 AM

people go to have a good time, its different than just doing the same ole weekend thing... besides you get to hang w/ you fello car buddies and support the scene that brought all of us to this site ;)

and what he said

carrascopa
05-29-2005, 10:55 AM

NO NEED FOR SARCASM... I SAID I WAS NOT FLAMING.. BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.. 90% OF SHOWS MAKE THEIR MONEY ON PARTICIPANTS NOT SPECTATORS AND THERE MOST CERTAINLY WOULD BE A SHOW WITHOUT SPECTATORS.. ALL MOST PEOPLE CARE ABOUT WHEN SHOWING IS WHO WINS WHat not how may people are there to look at their ride.. The show throwers want a good turnout of registered vehicles not spectators.. sooooo.. toanswer your question yes there would be

Julio
05-29-2005, 11:04 AM
NO NEED FOR SARCASM... I SAID I WAS NOT FLAMING.. BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.. 90% OF SHOWS MAKE THEIR MONEY ON PARTICIPANTS NOT SPECTATORS AND THERE MOST CERTAINLY WOULD BE A SHOW WITHOUT SPECTATORS.. ALL MOST PEOPLE CARE ABOUT WHEN SHOWING IS WHO WINS WHat not how may people are there to look at their ride.. The show throwers want a good turnout of registered vehicles not spectators.. sooooo.. toanswer your question yes there would be

It all depends where the event is beeing held. If its an outdoor show and the property where the show is beeing done is free then yeah, the show promoter woudnt care about spectators.
But shows like HIN, NOPI NATS.. they care as much as for the specatators then anything else... Maybe more for spectators then anything else. Thats where the real money is.

For example:
HIN this weekend $25.00 for spectators lets say there was 10k people there all day.. yeah, you do the math.

RISKYB
05-29-2005, 12:01 PM
i enjoy the shows, see whats new with the vendors, check out other peoples cars, enjoys the shows on the live stages, and chill with friends

whats not to like?

The Ren
05-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Take last night for example.. I went to support my friend who was showing and IA. If I was showing Id want my friends to be there supporting me too. Not to mention you can see whats new in the scene, some people end up with sponserships, and live entertainment...whats not fun about that?

carrascopa
05-29-2005, 12:30 PM
It all depends where the event is beeing held. If its an outdoor show and the property where the show is beeing done is free then yeah, the show promoter woudnt care about spectators.
But shows like HIN, NOPI NATS.. they care as much as for the specatators then anything else... Maybe more for spectators then anything else. Thats where the real money is.

For example:
HIN this weekend $25.00 for spectators lets say there was 10k people there all day.. yeah, you do the math.
thats why i sqaid 90% of shows not all

carrascopa
05-29-2005, 12:32 PM
regardless... unless i can double a show as a vacation you wont see me at one.. When i used to show it was a different story.... The only time youll really see me at a ashowis if i have some sort of involvement.. Maybe im just getting old.. but looking at rides does not get me off

tony
05-29-2005, 12:50 PM

If this was true then why even open it to the general public? I would assume it would be like SEMA if they didn't care for spectators. My car wasn't there but I still went to support my friends and the scene.. if nobody comes to HIN in atlanta do you think they will keep coming here every year?

Brett
05-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Me personally, I rather show my car and see spectators around and people coming up to me and talking to me about thier car, my car, and getting feedback on my car then winning. So I enjoy spectators more. Without spectators why would anyone want to show thier car? Sitting around with no one walking around would be kind of pointless.

TKellarB
05-29-2005, 01:59 PM

For example:

You forgot to mention...

The return on investment for sponsors and exhibitors in terms of marketing impressions made on consumers as well as the potential sales that follow from the spectators.

RISKYB
05-29-2005, 02:02 PM
without spectators who would you be showing the car to?

The Yousef
05-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I go just as a social occasion to hang out with my friends....and to see other people's rides and get some ideas on what to do and etc...NOPI for example is awesome b/c there is a good combination of show and go (i tend to lean more toward the go area myself...no disrespect)...also since I'm new to IA....it's always a good opportunity to meet some of these cats in real life...

yousef

THEONE
05-29-2005, 03:10 PM
because im to poor to own or build a show car.

carrascopa
05-29-2005, 03:56 PM
well i think it is pathetic to go and jock other peoples shit! I call that dick riding

Brett
05-29-2005, 04:37 PM
So why did you used to judge shows if you feel that way about shows?

SLOWR/T
05-29-2005, 04:46 PM
to see what other people have and for some ideas. ohhhh and the girls :D

sweetcarz02
05-29-2005, 05:54 PM
well i think it is pathetic to go and jock other peoples shit! I call that dick riding

well I think your gay, but who really cares what either of us think, hmmm. I goto about 3 shows a month and never show my car.

4dmin
05-29-2005, 06:29 PM
The show throwers want a good turnout of registered vehicles not spectatorsreally... what show promoters do you talk to??? i know the guys from both HIN/DUB which the largest nation wide touring events and specators is where its at... w/o them there is no show... even at our show i would rather have 5 spectators to every participant, b/c spectators = vendors = $$$ = participants = etc.etc.etc. any decent show is built around spectators... what kind of show could you have w/ out them??? then its not a show just a meet.

ahmonrah
05-30-2005, 12:26 AM
and what he said
what he said he said

ahmonrah
05-30-2005, 12:27 AM
because im to poor to own or build a show car.i agree