PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Think About HIN Atlanta This Year?

Brett
05-29-2005, 12:43 AM
I thought over all this was a much better show then last year. Alot more cars, and higher quality cars and ALOT more of a spectator turnout then last year. I thought it was a damn good event this year.

Leisa
05-29-2005, 12:44 AM
I agree.. .even early on it was a crowded show and that last through to the end, :goodjob:

Brett
05-29-2005, 12:49 AM
It was great to see Atlanta really support it this time around, Like Leisa said.. The doors opened at 5:00 and this year it was crowded right from the start and didnt die down like it did last year, It stayed packed untill the doors shut.

dfire9
05-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Good to see and meet some new people from IA. I had fun.

Vteckidd
05-29-2005, 12:51 AM
i didnt go, car shows were played out 5 years ago

T-Mo Goodie
05-29-2005, 12:52 AM
I had way more fun this year, than I did last year.

Brett
05-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Yeah Im with Dion, Was awesome to see so many IA people I havent had a shot to see in forever, and was great to meet so many new IA people that I talk to all the time on here but had never met yet. Got to talk to so many people tonight

SLOWR/T
05-29-2005, 12:58 AM
thought the IA display was awesome!!! hell of a lot better show than last year. didnt know any IA people just saw one that looked familar kate?, katie??? i think pauls wife. i seen a pic of her on here and saw her on the back side of the IA display but thats it. didnt meet anyone there just looked at car and took some pics.

Big Rick
05-29-2005, 01:01 AM
had alot of fun, met some IA people for the first time.

shit was pretty hot.

chuck
05-29-2005, 01:06 AM
i didnt go, car shows were played out 5 years ago
oh shit....i guess we all better stop going now???

i had a blast, it was nice catching up with some of you that i hadn't seen in a while...the turnout was great, i think one of the guys said it was almost double of what it was last year. i had enough fun to want to go back next year.

innerhole
05-29-2005, 01:11 AM
i was kind of disappointed with it, i guess because of some of the models that really killed it. some looked a little trashy, but the cars were way better than last years cars.

Vteckidd
05-29-2005, 01:15 AM
oh shit....i guess we all better stop going now???

i had a blast, it was nice catching up with some of you that i hadn't seen in a while...the turnout was great, i think one of the guys said it was almost double of what it was last year. i had enough fun to want to go back next year.
sarcasm

no i didnt go, i think its a waste of moeny to see the same damn cars. but then again, im into go , not show, so its not appealing to me. just like some people find the track boring as hell and a waste of money. jsut not my thing.

for the most part it looks like people had a good time.

ahmonrah
05-29-2005, 01:24 AM
track or show i'm down to go.

it's just like going to an art gallery with photos or drawings of athletes or olympic scenes versus witnessing the athletes or olympians in action. some want to action and some want to look up close at something that otherwise you'd never get access to. so i'll contuinue going to shows and this summer i'm definately going to make an effort to go spectate at the tracks (since i cant throw either of my vehicles across the finish line faster that 99sec.)

tony
05-29-2005, 01:30 AM
This was my first show and I totally enjoyed it, Brett your civic is crazy.. the pictures on this website is one thing but it doesn't compare to seeing it in person. That goes for all of those that entered, I did not see one car I would be ashamed to drive there.

manchi
05-29-2005, 01:37 AM
was disapointed. The registration was not what I expected. I thought if we preregistried there'll be spot for us. Turned out some of the pre-registried guys has to ask front office for refund.

Tuan
05-29-2005, 02:25 AM
i thought it was a good turn out compare to last year...i just hated being there from 2-12...felt like shit after...after party was fun tho...haha

Negrodamus
05-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Nice show over all this year. The locals represented well!!! :goodjob: :goodjob:

5thgcelica
05-29-2005, 07:34 AM
it was cool. lots of awesome cars. good to meet a couple of you finally.

i think part of my problem of not enjoying it so much was lack of sleep this week, and then being at work yesterday from 7am-4pm on 2 hours of sleep. hah.

Brandon C
05-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Had a Great Time In The IA.com booth..For Those That Dont Know I was the One in the Yellow Basketball Jersey..Paul's wife was so funny..Nice to meet Brett and Leisa..Good fun overall for my first Import Show..

Shawna
05-29-2005, 08:54 AM
I had a great time and I really enjoyed the cars! Brett your car looked great last nite!

Brett
05-29-2005, 09:03 AM
This was my first show and I totally enjoyed it, Brett your civic is crazy.. the pictures on this website is one thing but it doesn't compare to seeing it in person. That goes for all of those that entered, I did not see one car I would be ashamed to drive there.

Thanks man!! I cant wait to see yours in person, I know your pictures you posted of your G doesnt do the car justice either man.

I had a great time and I really enjoyed the cars! Brett your car looked great last nite!

Thanks!! Did you ever come up and say hello last night? I ask because I met so many new people last night I cant remember who the hell I met now...LOL

was disapointed. The registration was not what I expected. I thought if we preregistried there'll be spot for us. Turned out some of the pre-registried guys has to ask front office for refund.

They did over sell the show by 50 cars, 3 of the cars in our team where on the ramp to get in and they shut the door on them. I heard a few of th cars they shut the door on where the hydro type older cars, so that was okay, HIN is not the show to have those in, So I was glad thy turned those away.

I can see why they overbooked the show though, last year wasnt this big and I think they wanted to cover thier ass this year, But over selling by 50 was kind of high, I can see overselling by 20 or so... But 50... DAMN!!!

JC
05-29-2005, 09:23 AM
well, giving them the benifit of the doubt. HIN had 25 spots reserved for the NOPI section. Then on Weds (2 days before the show), NOPI tells them they need 50 spots for their cars. HIN had to open spaces for them because they were trying to do a partnership type thing with this show. Anyway, that accounts for 25 spots right there supposed to be for paid contestants. Plus, the NOPI section had their cars SOO spaced out, you could easliy fit an extra car in each group of 4 that they had, but I heard the NOPI guys were not coopperating at all. That alone there would have easily opened up about another 10 spaces.

Shawna
05-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks!! Did you ever come up and say hello last night? I ask because I met so many new people last night I cant remember who the hell I met now...LOL

:eek: lol yes i did i was with Mikey I asked where your lovely wife was (it was when they gave the 20s away or sometime around then)

Boosted S60R
05-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I had fun! the show was just long as hell.Brett, Blacksichic was the little red head that was walking around with me for a bit.

NzProjeKt
05-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Pretty Damn Good Show... It seemed more exciting this time around than the last few years... I also personally liked the way they layed everything out from the cars to the stages... :goodjob:

AtifSajid
05-29-2005, 11:13 AM
I enjoyed the show. Had a good time seeing everyone that I havent seen in a while, meeting new poeple. GOT ME A SPONSOR - (secret for now)

But I had a good time and so did Annie.

The Ren
05-29-2005, 11:55 AM
This was my first show since Nopi 2003.. and my first show as being apart of IA.. I thought over all it was a great turn out and I had a great time.. It was nice to see some of the cars ive seen around a couple of times at the meets. Tracy your car looked awsome.. again I love the hello kitty and it was nice meeting you.. Brett the civic looked hot and I saw alot of people drooling over it.. and the IA booth was slamming all night that I saw.. good work guys and ill see you all at tunerfest...

lowjack
05-29-2005, 11:58 AM
1st off, Grats to all the winners!! Good to see a few IA'ers take something home.

Pros:
As for the show. I thought it was a quite a bit better than last year, some of the rides just outright sick. A lot of very nice cars and the people were great. (Except for the cumtwats that just get in your ride, happened 3 times geez.)

Nice to see IA out in droves and with good coverage. Being out of the seen for the last 4 months it is good to see folks are still plugging along.

Cons:
The logistics for the placing of cars sucked ass. The NOPI deal (HIN turning folks away) with the cars is a real letdown for the folks that were there on Friday. Unfortunely that corperate favortism BS still is present.

Osta,

Scott
350Z

The Ren
05-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Who were the winners from IA?

RISKYB
05-29-2005, 12:10 PM
i had a great time, and it was nice to see you guys again, the IA booth was slammin and you guys cars were so CLEAN you are all winnners in my book, later guys
btw happy b-day Leisa

Ms Dollar
05-29-2005, 12:12 PM
i have never been before but i must say that i had a good time...hopefully there are no incriminating pictures of me floating around anywhere...

Julio
05-29-2005, 12:14 PM
1st off, Grats to all the winners!! Good to see a few IA'ers take something home.

Pros:
As for the show. I thought it was a quite a bit better than last year, some of the rides just outright sick. A lot of very nice cars and the people were great. (Except for the cumtwats that just get in your ride, happened 3 times geez.)

Nice to see IA out in droves and with good coverage. Being out of the seen for the last 4 months it is good to see folks are still plugging along.

Cons:
The logistics for the placing of cars sucked ass. The NOPI deal (HIN turning folks away) with the cars is a real letdown for the folks that were there on Friday. Unfortunely that corperate favortism BS still is present.

Osta,

Scott
350Z

agree, 100%.

tony
05-29-2005, 01:00 PM
I don't want to piss anyone off but it is it possible the people at HIN were picking and choosing which cars were going to be in the show by turning certain people away? I only ask because my friend with the blue 350Z (w/ the Z1 girls) we were still sitting around talking at his shop till 6:20pm friday and that is in Carrollton, so I know he didn't arrive till 7pm or 7:30pm and he still got a pretty good spot. Its pretty fucked up if they turned away people for that reason although they already paid.

Ms Dollar
05-29-2005, 01:05 PM
that would definitely be shitty...

The Ren
05-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Hopefully tunerfest and Nopi will be a bit more organized... I know id be pretty upset if I was turned away and didnt get a refund.. maybe next year HIN will map out where they plan on putting cars and how many they want before letting people overregister.. its probably just as much a headach for them as it is for the peeps who were turned away.

manchi
05-29-2005, 01:21 PM
There were definitely some nice good cars that were waitting outside. To my opinion, some of those were definitely as good as or better than the cars inside.

Brett
05-29-2005, 01:33 PM
:eek: lol yes i did i was with Mikey I asked where your lovely wife was (it was when they gave the 20s away or sometime around then)

Thats right!!! I did remember you I just didnt know that was you...lol. Was good meeting you :tongue:

SLOWR/T
05-29-2005, 01:37 PM
i saw some nice ass car rolling around outside i thought should have been in there. i didnt know they had over booked till i was leaving. my brother had told me that he heard they had to turn away some cars.

Brett
05-29-2005, 01:41 PM
The one thing this show did do for me, is make me realize next year I need to step it up. I dont know how much I can afford to do before next HIN but I will have some changes, I just was bit hard last night by the bug again to start doing new stuff

clean2draccord
05-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Show turnout was great, a lot of spectators and top-notch cars out there.

I was a little disappointed though. Four of our six cars were together, but the remaining two were split up and placed across the show. I think that keeping the teams together is an important thing.

Other than that, I had a lot of fun. :)

The Yousef
05-29-2005, 01:51 PM
they show was a lot better then last year....granted i've seen most of these rides about 5x over now...but the vendors made it a lot better...NOPI swimsuit contest was awesome :boobies: IA booth great! :goodjob:....

yousef

Brett
05-29-2005, 02:25 PM
How can some of you who clicked you were disapointed say that when you didnt even go last night?

TKellarB
05-29-2005, 02:36 PM
The one thing this show did do for me, is make me realize next year I need to step it up...

I totally second that -- there were a lot of great cars!

Z33_kid
05-29-2005, 02:37 PM
dang man this freaking sucks i aint get to go i was at work

Brandon C
05-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Good Seing Tiff out last Night as well...BRett you dont remeber meeting me..

Brett
05-29-2005, 04:36 PM
I remember you, trust me...LOL

Kevykev
05-29-2005, 05:06 PM
i heard that it was OK

but a spectator and a partcipant's view tend to vary.

Julio
05-29-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't want to piss anyone off but it is it possible the people at HIN were picking and choosing which cars were going to be in the show by turning certain people away? I only ask because my friend with the blue 350Z (w/ the Z1 girls) we were still sitting around talking at his shop till 6:20pm friday and that is in Carrollton, so I know he didn't arrive till 7pm or 7:30pm and he still got a pretty good spot. Its pretty fucked up if they turned away people for that reason although they already paid.

HIN has been doing that for years.

If you come late and try to register and your car is not all that, you will get turned down.
If your car looks good you are in.

PhatbacK
05-29-2005, 05:39 PM
i thought it was lame. but thats just me.....plus this is the only time i havent modeled and maybe its more fun when u model instead of just walk around

Cliff
05-30-2005, 01:24 AM
who saw the rock crawlin jeep over by the Toyo tire trailer!!!! that thing was sick....as for the rest of the cars....they were cool

DerrickT
05-30-2005, 01:37 AM
It was cool. I went with the guys from xlr8shen and chuck, it was cool to actually see everyone in person I didn't want to be the lame kid who was like im "so and so" from IA but I saw alot of people there, bretts car looked real nice, IA.com was reppin hard last night...

good turnout

PhatbacK
05-30-2005, 09:42 AM
i personally liked last year better...but dats jus me

Shawna
05-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Thats right!!! I did remember you I just didnt know that was you...lol. Was good meeting you :tongue:

lol thanx Brett...would it be easier to remember me as EM Chris' ex...lol b/c thats what most people put after my name :cool:

5thgcelica
05-30-2005, 10:05 AM
I remember you, trust me...LOL

but the question is... do you remember me?!?!?! lol.

Brett
05-30-2005, 10:10 AM
lol thanx Brett...would it be easier to remember me as EM Chris' ex...lol b/c thats what most people put after my name :cool:

Fuck that!! LOL. I wont ever put that at the end of a sentence with you in it ;)

Brett
05-30-2005, 10:11 AM
but the question is... do you remember me?!?!?! lol.

Yeah of course...... :confused: lol

The Ren
05-30-2005, 11:39 AM
The left corner was heaven to me.. Those supras were sweeetttttt...

Tracy
05-30-2005, 11:41 AM
The left corner was heaven to me.. Those supras were sweeetttttt...

Nice to meet you finally! Hope to see you around some more.

eViLMunkey
05-30-2005, 11:47 AM
COUld've been better...

Tracy
05-30-2005, 11:49 AM
BTW, here is what I thought of HIN...I like driving better.

eViLMunkey
05-30-2005, 11:53 AM
haha.. there could've been alot more cars.. but I heard why there weren't alot but all people had to do was siphon some gas out of their tanks and then it would've been no problem...

JINX
05-30-2005, 12:12 PM
It was good, but all the modles forgot to bring da ass.
HIN was bootyless. The honnys walking arround looked better.

quickdodgeŽ
05-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Sunday's closing ceremonies were much better. At least that's what a few of the girls told me. Later, QD.

The Ren
05-30-2005, 12:37 PM
Nice to meet you finally! Hope to see you around some more.

Yeah same here.. Thanks for the tips and I will PM you when im sure when Im ganna be making my purchase...

Allstar3.8T
05-30-2005, 03:14 PM
I was typically disappointed. I made a reply in events forum topic on HIN so I wont retype the same things, regardless heres some other ideas,
-There MUST be a turn-away at the door policy for weak cars. (like ICSA has) Sorry, I saw too many space takers that had NO reason being there. I'll take my chances that I may get turned away, I'm fine w/ that, but OEM wheels on OEM cars w/ decal kits IS NOT a HOT IMPORT at night......or daytime.
-The judging was questionable. (Not saying wrong, or bad...but worth questioning)
-The show is 2 hrs too long
-We missed 1/2 the awards ceremonies because they told us they started at 12:00.....(thats 2 yrs in a row)
-Best of Show Elite ...how did Jay beat the Integra, when he lost to it in Charlotte. What changed?!..A 935 sticker on the Integra is the only diff I saw.

All in all, HIN is alot like college, you need to go to have fun, if you go for its original purpose, it'll become a necessary evil you dread.

LaurenK
05-30-2005, 05:13 PM
I think ATL is the Best HIN because we can all hang out together!

Julio
05-30-2005, 05:15 PM
All in all, HIN is alot like college, you need to go to have fun, if you go for its original purpose, it'll become a necessary evil you dread.

bhwhahah great quote!

Brett
05-30-2005, 06:59 PM
haha.. there could've been alot more cars.. but I heard why there weren't alot but all people had to do was siphon some gas out of their tanks and then it would've been no problem...

A guy in my team put a peice of scotch tape on mine, I had half a tank, so he taped mine down to show empty...lol

TKellarB
05-30-2005, 07:18 PM
BTW Brett (& John) - thanks for your input on the power issue!

JC
05-30-2005, 09:55 PM
no problemo. IT was nice getting to meet you finally.

Brett
05-30-2005, 09:58 PM
BTW Brett (& John) - thanks for your input on the power issue!

Hey we are all in this togther, I am glad to help anyone I can at a show

CodyW
05-30-2005, 11:10 PM
i was extremely unimpressed with the way the registration/roll-in process worked and will definately not be attending again. i won't go into too many details but it basically involved me and my entire team pre-registering and arriving on time (a little before 5) friday but getting "left off the list" and waiting until 8:30 when the fire marshall closed the doors. we came back the next morning at 8:00 to assure plenty of breathing room to get in at 2:00 when 50 additional cars were supposed to get in, but got completely shafted as that number was cut down to 10 or so which were random people that jumped to the front of the line right before 2:00 (everytime we started to move that direction, the sheriffs threatened to tow us or give us a ticket). on top of that, no one could give me a definitive answer on how to get my money back so i'm still out almost $120 from registering 2 cars and more than that from missing an entire day of work for no reason at all. they really need to get their act together next time, this was an extremly unprofessional way to run an event.

TKellarB
05-31-2005, 10:31 AM
John, nice to finally meet you as well -- sorry for drooling on your car ;)

I was very unhappy with the registration process as well and a couple of guys from our club didn't get in either. This is after we CAMPED OUT IN THE LOADING DOCK on Fri night just to get in line early on Sat after being turned away on Friday. Cody, the cars they were letting in before you guys were the vendor cars.

I will def. attend next year's show to show my support for the community and drool over the cars. As for showing, we'll see...may just keep throwing my registration money at the smaller local SE shows. :bigok:

scneonchic501
05-31-2005, 11:02 AM
heres my experience w/ hin this year:i liked it, i thought it was better than last year. i knew i wouldnt place, but maybe next year will be different since ive got some things in the process of happening over the next few months. the roll in process did suck, i have to say though, i was one of the first 10 cars in the building (im always early). i warned my club members that they needed to get their early or they would be screwed, but as always, no one listens to me. somehow most of them got in, but just barely. i heard they were turning away skylines and some of the cars at the show that they let in were STOCK. that part, i didnt understand. i thought the cars were awesome, the majority of them were alot better than the cars they had last year. i plan on going again. i have to agree w/ whoever said it, that HIN left the ass at home, cuz barely any of the models had anything to show off IMO. i think what also made a differnce this year, is how they had the taped boxes and everything sectioned off, plus alot more vendors. i think thats how the extra spots were lost also. and the way some of the cars were parked. we fit 5 cars in our little box, we didnt have much extra room, but we made the most of our space.

but i had fun!! :) ill be back next year

Brett
05-31-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah I hope the roll in is better next year, we got there at 2:00 and sat in a line until after 5:30, Thats just total BS

AtlantaImportGuy
05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I was disappointed, I didn't see anything that really impressed me. Plus my camera fucked up on me so I couldn't take any pics. That sucked!!!

AB3dj
05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
was it $25 last year? if not, what was different about this year?

simplyblurredmrT
05-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Loved the show Hated getting the door slammed in my face when I was pre-registered and had a spot reserved......Oh well! At least I didn't pay as much as some of the people did the day before.

trythefly
05-31-2005, 12:53 PM
I was in FL snorkeling over coral reef during the show..... Much better IMO! ;)

drupason
05-31-2005, 01:46 PM
it was ok..good seeing some people tho

fasassac
05-31-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey Eclipsed, don't know who you were chatting with about the NOPI area, but we were actually suppose to have space for 40-50 cars and they dropped the ball on that. We even gave them a section back and let them use a couple spots in our area for other cars, since we had a few cars that failed to tell us they wanted to show with thier car club. We were'nt hard to get along with, no one from the show asked us about parking the cars tighter. We could have filled the whole area if everyone would have been courteous and let us know they were backing out on the parking spots, I had to pass on a couple of nice cars that deserved to be in that area, but could not because going in on Friday we had all the slots taken.