PDA

View Full Version : Misc Guns

The Stiffler
10-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey yall. I'm 22 so I thought I'd want to have a personal handgun..not for violence but to have one..i have a Ruger .45 in mind. good brand. but would i need a carry license to purchase it? what all happens when you buy a gun? can you buy it from a person or go to the pawn shop or what? I know we would nee to submit to a background check, but what else..

throw in your 0.02!! i'd love any suggestions. deuces.

Julio
10-05-2006, 06:34 PM
If you want to carry on you, you need a permit. You can have it in your car/house. Limits in your car.. like it cant be loaded etc.

I would reccomend going to a GUN SHOW : http://www.eastmangunshows.com/ visit them for local events.

Or visit a local store. But, More then likely you will pay more $$$.

a ruger .45 is a nice gun. Have you shot guns before? Do you know how to use it etc?
I would suggest going to a range and shoot a few rnds to get familiar, unless you already are familiar etc.
You have to be 21 to buy a "Hand gun" and no permit is needed. They will do a background check to ensure you are not a Criminal :D

I would really suggest reading and studying this site www.packing.org, GREAT SITE and has all the info you need. I think that should be your 1st step.
Is easy to get a permit as long as you have no criminal pass, but safety is really important and knowing your laws is A+.

There are some cats on here that can give you more information also.. Ruiner, Jaime, QD and a few others. Hopefully they will chime in.

Have fun! Here is my collection...

The Stiffler
10-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Yes, I've shot a few guns. My dad has a ruger .45 but he wont let me have it. says he spent a lot on it but whatever. and he also has an ak-47 as well and also in his ruger clip, he has like 7 or 8 black talon bullets, which are banned now.

Those bullets are some bad asses.

blare
10-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Pretty sure it can be loaded in your car.

(d) This Code section shall not forbid the transportation of any firearm by a person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129, provided the firearm is enclosed in a case, unloaded, and separated from its ammunition. This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle in an open manner and fully exposed to view or in the glove compartment, console, or similar compartment of the vehicle; provided, however, that any person in possession of a valid permit issued pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129 may carry a handgun in any location in a motor vehicle.

blare
10-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Julio, hows that hipoint working out for ya?

RISKYB
10-07-2006, 06:38 PM
kinda fond of the glock 10mm myself, nut it only takes about 15 mins, they do credit check while you wait same day now at legit arms dealers

Fast Shadow
10-07-2006, 06:53 PM
glock

koukis14
10-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Im looking to buy a handgun, and shotgun and probably take some kind of training course after I move and get settled in down there. Thanks alot for the link to www.packing.org thats a super website.

+1

koukis14
10-07-2006, 07:15 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Julio again.

Well I tried.

Jaimecbr900
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Julio is right.

You should familiarize yourself with handguns BEFORE buying one. Just plinking with one is NOT familiarizing yourself with a gun. ANY gun you buy you should be proficient with. You should be able to clean it properly, load it properly, know what kind of ammo to use in it, and know how to handle it properly.

Julio is also right about research.

Go to that website and familiarize yourself with GA state laws. W/O a CCW permit you are limited to three main places: Home, car, and business. All three places still carry restrictions IF you don't have a CCW permit.

Gun shows are excellent places to shop for a gun because they offer a huge variety of guns both new and used, and also give you some good prices to boot.

You should go to a local gun range, RENT a bunch of DIFFERENT guns, and shoot them to decide what's best for you. Testosterone is NOT a good way to shop for a gun. If you can't hit what you're aiming at, might as well throw THE gun at them as you'll have just a good a chance with that vs bullets. A lot of novice gun owners want to be Dirty Harry or Rambo right out of the gate. Getting the biggest caliber weapon is not for everybody. The deadliest round in the world is actually the puny .22 cal. Does that mean I wanna carry a .22 for self defense? Probably not, but you also don't need a .50 Desert Eagle for that either.

Finally, there are a lot of good reliable weapons out there that are good for beginners.

Rugers are good and reliable.
Taurus are good and reliable.
S&W.....
Glock.....
Colt....
Bersa....
many more.....

Many can be had for a reasonable price, used, at gun shows.

Good luck and be a responsible gun owner or don't be one at all.

Big Baller
10-11-2006, 10:37 AM
I highly recomend the Springfield XD series of guns, but what Jamie said is correct, go shoot as many as you can before you by one. Guns are like cars, I can find atleast 1 thing I love and 1 thing I hate about everyone of them.

Matt

The Golden Child
10-11-2006, 12:39 PM
its the deaf A&Bitch kid ..

MrEG62U
10-18-2006, 12:07 PM
i suggest s&w or taurus, i own a few of each and cannot complain

Julio
10-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Julio, hows that hipoint working out for ya?

High Point is "OK" Just remember , is a cheap gun... But it shoots pretty good.

You pay what you get for, just being honest. But for target shooting at the range, is ok.

I think im buying a .40 High point pretty soon, just because they are cheap.. once I get familiar with it, I will keep moving up the food chain.

:goodjob: